How to reduce air temp inside car on hot days?

Vroomtattat

yes, i feel the same way also. even though it is raining the next day morning, the interior still feels warm.

this is esp. more evident if the interior is leather wrapped and black in color

↡ Advertisement

You know that hot gush of air when you open your car door?

How do we reduce the temp when the car is parked in the open? Do we leave gaps in the windows?

You can do that if you have window visors installed I guess.

Is there any solar powered device in the market which can be installed to provide ventilation and does it help?

another good way is to install "sound proof" mat on your car roof.... ive done mine for about $120.

it cannot totally reduced the heat 100% but can lower the heat to about 50% which is ok for me ...

2cents

(edited)

Putting another pressurised spray in car under hot sun.

This should be a no no.-

If want to be hero, no afraid of exploding canister, there is also another problem:

It may be a daily ritual, so running cost to buy the spray cans.

I tried many years ago, it did not work for me.

Basically, it is vaporising water/alcohol mist to soak up the heat.

For me, sun shade on wind screen is enough.

Open doors to ventilate for a while,

drive off with windows wind down, and fan at full blast.. This for few minutes before turning on air con.

if plan to park for whole day, I will not leave small gap-- insects will fly or crawl in.

Edited by 5936

I got one of this.

Installed once but removed after one day.

Very noisy.

Not from the fan, but from wind entering through the seals.

I got one of this.

Installed once but removed after one day.

Very noisy.

Not from the fan, but from wind entering through the seals.

i thought u onlt install when parking, u had it on full time?

my car has no visor. And if die die bo bian have to park sunny spot i will leave a small opening on all 4 windows. this will create ventilation inside the car. It will be alot better than u close it totally.

How strong is your window visor?

Easy to break in by pulling the visors off.

Use a stick to unlock door.

Pee remember this when parking with windows partially down

Yes, using those car alarm remote control which can also start up the engine and aircon and cool down the car 10-15mins before you jump in your car. My friend has one, loves sitting in his car. Thinking of installing one for my car too...

Neutral Newbie

to reduce the heat inside your car, the secret is to use something to cover the dashboard, because it is the dashboard that gets heated up the most when under sun for long, dont believe, touch the dashboard and it is hot as a piece of fried chicken. by doing so, you greatly reduce the heat build up.

I agree on this point.

Just wondering where to get those fold-able reflector boards in for dashboard in Singapore.

Neutral Newbie

actually i dun think those good window film really helps if u going to park for long duration under the sun, it's good for those who park sheltered and drive out their car into the sun. The good film will propel the heat better. But if park long duration under direct sun, the heat will still get through and will sort of create a greenhouse effect and i think the film will also make the heat hard to escape out bah...

Neutral Newbie

I agree on this point.

Just wondering where to get those fold-able reflector boards in for dashboard in Singapore.

u can get those reflector at autobacs, think i have seen them at Esso petrol kioks also.

Neutral Newbie

my car has no visor. And if die die bo bian have to park sunny spot i will leave a small opening on all 4 windows. this will create ventilation inside the car. It will be alot better than u close it totally.

It's better to get a visor if u do tat often. u wun wanna experience forgetting bout it and it rains...

btw, make sure u dun leave the window open when parked at those forested area, u might have unwanted pests getting into yr vehicle...

I had a cheapo thermometer in car which max reading 70DEG C, always over shoot the max line [sweatdrop] if park under hot sun for more than 3hrs....

(solar film installed). So I install visor now and leave a gap on window. It did cool down a bit, I think 5-10DEG(better than none)

Edited by Si4dr
↡ Advertisement