How to reduce air temp inside car on hot days?

Vroomtattat

So it seems like for long hours parked in the open, better to have those reflector for the windscreen and better still car curtain for all windows.

Neutral Newbie

So it seems like for long hours parked in the open, better to have those reflector for the windscreen and better still car curtain for all windows.

Should design car curtains to be cladded with reflectors too haha. =X

My work place open car park is really 'open' to the sky and without any shade, almost 90% of the car here don't bother to put up sunshades... be it reflective or those collapsable netting type. So those who put up 'sayang' their ride very much.

wind down the windows a bit plus pour some water on the roof

remember to wind up the windows first... i dun have visors so some water went in [:p]

You know that hot gush of air when you open your car door?

How do we reduce the temp when the car is parked in the open? Do we leave gaps in the windows?

You can do that if you have window visors installed I guess.

Is there any solar powered device in the market which can be installed to provide ventilation and does it help?

Outdoor, I would choose to park below the shade of a tree and let the birds coat my car with heat shield they air fireght for the project

Neutral Newbie

Hi Famwc, thanks =)

Np, small issue la.

Btw, if u getting from ESSO, go for those bigger kioks as the possibility of them carrying it is higher :)

Neutral Newbie

Np, small issue la.

Btw, if u getting from ESSO, go for those bigger kioks as the possibility of them carrying it is higher :)

Alright. Thanks

wind down the windows a bit plus pour some water on the roof

remember to wind up the windows first... i dun have visors so some water went in [:p]

Pour water? Wah lao, later kena water marks :blink:

I'm doing a project right now, planning to join up a row of small computer fans (1x1 inch each) so that would be about 8 - 10 of these small little fans and wiring them together then hook up to a power source which would be enough to power for 10 to 12 hours per day. Clip it to the small gap in the window and presto! Hope it'll be good enough to blow the hot air out and ventilate the car a bit.

I'm doing a project right now, planning to join up a row of small computer fans (1x1 inch each) so that would be about 8 - 10 of these small little fans and wiring them together then hook up to a power source which would be enough to power for 10 to 12 hours per day. Clip it to the small gap in the window and presto! Hope it'll be good enough to blow the hot air out and ventilate the car a bit.

Hmmm...good idea. Especially if it's solar powered! Then on hot days, the power source is sustainable and almost limitless! On cloudy days, you won't even need the fan!

As a product, it may very well catch on!

If your car already tinted and have to park whole day in the open everyday in your work place, do you still take the effort to put up sunshades to the windscreen and other windows?

Neutral Newbie

If your car already tinted and have to park whole day in the open everyday in your work place, do you still take the effort to put up sunshades to the windscreen and other windows?

Interesting that you are mentioning in this perspective =)

Personally, I may still do that as I don't want the dashboard to become a BBQ hot pan haha.

That is if it really helps reduce the heat on the dashboard.

Edited by E-Jazz

I think they already have those solar powered fans that blows out air from inside your car through the deliberate gap at the top of your window?

I saw one before and now looking out for it. You are supposed to wind up your window but leave a few small centimetres where you hang the solar fan and let it do its work.

For now, i use sunshade on the windscreen and before i drive, i will open the 4 doors and let the hot air out before driving for a minute with my windows down.

Neutral Newbie

solar film only works if you park for a short period of time. Anything more than a few minutes on a hot day, heat will be absorbed though the car body.

A car cover will work because heat is reflected. But its troublesome to put it on everyday. I find leaving the windows slightly open helps. Why? Hot air can escape, hot air is lighter than cold air, so it will escape through the top of the windows if left slightly open.

If the car has been under the sun for a few hours, and all the heat is trapped inside, turning on the aircon at full blast before you get into the car means trying to cool down all the hot air inside. Might be a better idea to open all the doors, let the wind blow through the car, and then turn on the air con.

Makes sense?

Fully agree with the above :)

imho those little solar ventilators attached to the car windows actually serve no purpose, as they simply cannot move enough air to offset the heat gained through the car body. Of course, if you had a couple of those large solar vent fans on the roof there might be some effect.

Solar films reduce the heat gained from radiation, while covers and sun shades actually complement them by blocking and/or reflecting the remaining sunlight. The rest of the exposed car body still gains a lot of heat from the sun, which quickly get conducted into the cabin.

So conclusion is: Either park under shade/shelter or try covering the whole car with a reflective material (ought to be a poor heat conductor as well for best effect) [cool]

Perhaps one day we will see a car that can automatically deploy it's own umbrella (which tracks the sun and doubles as an energy collector) [laugh]

↡ Advertisement