Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
117 replies to this topic | 57 praises

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

Vit4wd
  • Vit4wd
    Banned

'Onemotoring' Veh Transfer site used to show the "No. of Owner Transfers".

I wonder which smart alex initiated the move to delete this information. 2nd hand car buyers can no longer check on the 'no. of owners' history prior to viewing the car.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

2nd hand buyer should have the right to know right?

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

Vit4wd
  • Vit4wd
    Banned

That means you have to physically go down to the dealer to view the owner log book.

No point calling dealer, as they will lie to you esp for cars with many owners.

Is this new funtion meant to protect car dealers?

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

that's because of people who like to snoop on others particular and post them on the web or start a thread for discussion.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

Nelmo
  • Premium member
    Nelmo
    1st Gear
    Author Image

aren't you able to check in LTA web with car reg no provided?

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

Vit4wd
  • Vit4wd
    Banned

I don't think that "vehicle Transfer Check" function allows surfers to view the vehicle owner's personal particulars, so your view is invalid.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:12 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The very fact that how many transfer there are for the vehicles is considered privacy to some.

But then, I'm not surprised that my view is considered invalid by some. Opinion differs.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    4th Gear
    Author Image

'Onemotoring' Veh Transfer site used to show the "No. of Owner Transfers".

I wonder which smart alex initiated the move to delete this information. 2nd hand car buyers can no longer check on the 'no. of owners' history prior to viewing the car.

Personnal I like this "No. of Owner Transfer" to be there. As often dealer or even private seller not very honest with this. Of cos one may argue that the no of ownership not important but often I use this to determine whether I shld go for certain car.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:41 AM

Chilli_crab
  • Chilli_crab
    4th Gear
    Author Image

"No. of Owner Transfers" is only relevant if you are interested to buy, and not relevant to busy body who has no business in knowing.

So, if a buyer is really keen to purchase, get the seller to print out the PARF/COE Rebate at De-registration.

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi guys,

I remember there is a LTA site to check on a vehicle based on the vehicle number. Cant find the site, anyone can advise?

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

Alheych
  • Alheych
    Supercharged
    Author Image

https://vrl.lta.gov....uireTransferFee

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

Jp66
  • Jp66
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Strange, this link don't need owner's ID also can see all info.

Why this link is asking for owner's ID confused.gif

https://vrl.lta.gov....bateBeforeDeReg
知足常乐
行到水穷处 坐看云起时

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

thks mate, found it

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

M16a210
  • M16a210
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

is it possible to check where a car is parked if I know the carís license plate no.

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

Alheych
  • Alheych
    Supercharged
    Author Image

is it possible to check where a car is parked if I know the carís license plate no.

no. that will be detective work. even repo companies sometimes cannot find the cars they're supposed to tow.

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:02 AM

Sleepy-T
  • Sleepy-T
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

why going to "decorate" some other people's car isit ? laugh.gif
LTA will not let u do that laugh.gif
己所不欲 勿施于人

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i think u can try checking at axs or sam for its season parking locations, fines, ect..
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

M16a210
  • M16a210
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

No lah.. I was shocked to see the insurance note by insurance company on my car in the morning

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

Sp33dst3r
  • Sp33dst3r
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Is there a way to check vehicle ownership using the car registration number?

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Nf0rc3r
  • Premium member
    Nf0rc3r
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Strange, this link don't need owner's ID also can see all info.

Why this link is asking for owner's ID confused.gif

https://vrl.lta.gov....bateBeforeDeReg

Cos that one is for interested buyer to get car info. The other one buyer doesnt need that info.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users