LTA website to check vehicle number

Vit4wd

seems like the function to check "Vehicle Transfer Fee" needs to key in IC Numbers

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_e_services/online_enquiries.html

Thats means, there no way to check what is the car model even you have the Vehicle car numbers.

If i want to buy used car and want to check the car info, then how? Dont understand why LTA add in owner IC nos?

↡ Advertisement

If i want to buy used car and want to check the car info, then how? Dont understand why LTA add in owner IC nos?

If you buying used car, you should know the owner? Ask him for the last 4 digits of his IC no lo.

As we speak, Sandpaper Spot price continue to rise to multiple year high !!!

Demand outstrip Supply !!!

Duck Tape price also rising !!!

I say bring back the rental car plates! SZR correct?

But now so many ubergrabnina I think one series of SZR not enough.

Just start again with SRA, SRB, SRC etc etc....

If you buying used car, you should know the owner? Ask him for the last 4 digits of his IC no lo.

If dealer, then car usually is registered under dealer name?

If dealer, then car usually is registered under dealer name?

I think so. Just ask dealer for info if it is from dealer lo. If dealer don't want to say then its one tell-tale sign that you shouldn't trust that dealer.

seems like the function to check "Vehicle Transfer Fee" needs to key in IC Numbers

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_e_services/online_enquiries.html

Thats means, there no way to check what is the car model even you have the Vehicle car numbers.

alot of ppl is abusing the function, i even see ppl print every thing and post in forum, 

including here lol.

now they change system, very troublesome esp for workshop and sparepart shop.

now still can check, just need IC, OR company BRN

Edited by Beregond

alot of ppl is abusing the function, i even see ppl print every thing and post in forum, 

including here lol.

now they change system, very troublesome esp for workshop and sparepart shop.

now still can check, just need IC, OR company BRN

Actually the info not consider confidential details and quite basic information of the car lo, so i dont understand why they scare people access the information?

My conspiracy theory is simple.

The government, in the good name of privacy now cover-up the entire PH car population.  Without online check and even physical road tax disc.

We are left with a set of numbers publish from LTA. 

Let see what Soro has to say about this sub-prime car loan scheme with government taking 75K out of a 100K car !!!

And the whole LTA portal screwup already, got an email from Quotz that MY CAR PLATE NO. is INVALID !!!

Now they want MY IC in order to GET A QUOTE !!!

The government, in the good name of privacy now cover-up the entire PH car population.  Without online check and even physical road tax disc.

Let see what Soro has to say about this sub-prime car loan scheme with government taking 75K out of a 100K car !!!

And the whole LTA portal screwup already, got an email from Quotz that MY CAR PLATE NO. is INVALID !!!

Now they want MY IC in order to GET A QUOTE !!!

With speaking of personal data protection act, this is not in line with the act liao, since IC number should not be revealed so freely to others people.

With speaking of personal data protection act, this is not in line with the act liao, since IC number should not be revealed so freely to others people.

ya. 

last time say u interested in a car, u call just give him your current car plate number , the sales person can quote u every thing.

now without giving your IC ( personal car ). u cannot get any quote

IC number doesn't need to be revealed. Only need the last 4 digits and the letter. Just like those lucky draws. They always censor the first part of the IC number and only show the last few digits. That doesn't violate any PDPA rules.

• Praise 1

IC number doesn't need to be revealed. Only need the last 4 digits and the letter. Just like those lucky draws. They always censor the first part of the IC number and only show the last few digits. That doesn't violate any PDPA rules.

So even insurance quote, only give last 4 digits can get a quote, no need full IC number?

So even insurance quote, only give last 4 digits can get a quote, no need full IC number?

Don't understand what you mean. I thought we are talking about the LTA website need the last 4 digits of owner's IC to check? 

both U & G are partly affiliated to leegime FYI

↡ Advertisement