Subway

• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
115 replies to this topic | 85 praises

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Cootie-Monster
  • Cootie-Monster
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

How many here eat Subway?

Do you think eating Subway and walking can really help lose weight?

I think their sandwiches are nice if you eat every now and then, while their cookies are very tasty. I don't put too much hope into the food being healthy though as my favourite is the meatball marinara.

Main problem with Subway is their super expensive price.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

generally, healthy food are more expensive haha...imagine salads, sandwiches, organic food etc....vs nasi lemak, chicken rice, mee siam, laksa all under $3.

Edited by Babyt, 19 July 2010 - 04:39 PM.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Every Friday, after I pick up my sons from baby sitter, we will proceed to Courts Mega Store for the Subway dinner.
We will order 1 foot meal and it is always ham.
While eating, we will enjoy the LED TVs on display.
The sandwich is indeed nice and fresh.
Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1 yr ago, i eat subway almost everyday for e last 1 1/2yr. Basically low fat high carbo diet. Weight did go down but slow. There r better , faster n safer ways to lose weight.

Btw, tis subway diet is e surest way to rely on medication for e rest of ur life, if u r a diabetics wacko.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Nix
  • Nix
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

subway is good can add lots of vegs

i like the smell and taste of toasted sandwich yum yum

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Last time Subway 'bo Sin Li''....now people well travel and know beard is good stuff....so now very good business....

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

Cootie-Monster
  • Cootie-Monster
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I was looking at the nutritional facts. Main problem is their sandwiches high in sodium.... can join NKF as member.

But if you pick the correct sandwich, the calories is really quite low.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

Tinydog
  • Tinydog
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Last time Subway 'bo Sin Li''....now people well travel and know beard is good stuff....so now very good business....

Beard is indeed good stuff, but you got to shave it every now and then biggrin.gif

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

Cootie-Monster
  • Cootie-Monster
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Price could be an issue. 1 meal is $8~$10.

Edited by Cootie-Monster, 19 July 2010 - 05:27 PM.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Leong52
  • Premium member
    Leong52
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I don't mind the price as long as it is nice and healthy to eat,like the veggies and the wheat bread most...

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Limxiaoming
  • Premium member
    Limxiaoming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I don't mind eating subway everyday too. I usually try to go without the cookies n soft drink as these 2 defeats the purpose of a healthy meal.

I add a lot of mayo n honey mustard thou hahaha.

Now is only pricing. Every meal is like what the other bro said, 8-10 bucks. Chor sia...

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

Limxiaoming
  • Premium member
    Limxiaoming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

BTW what are ur personal favourites?

Mine is funny haha- Parmesan bread, tuna, with lots of lettuce n onion. coupled with mayo n honey mustuard. kiss.gif kiss.gif

Hungry liao...

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Beard is indeed good stuff, but you got to shave it every now and then biggrin.gif

haha...you got me there.....Should I used ''Roti'' instead?.... tongue.gif

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

Kwchan
  • Premium member
    Kwchan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i was addicted to subway long long time ago when there were only 3 restaurant in singapore.

These 3 restaurant are situated at those funny/ulu places and with little marketing being done, naturally the business will be poor.

I used to collect those stickers and exchange for free sandwiches, later they come out with a membership system which was scrapped shortly.

now the price has increased, but IMO it still worth it compare to Mac or KFC in terms of nutrition and value for $.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
由於天雨路滑,請駕車人士小心駕駛,減低行車速度,並與前面車輛保持較長的距離。

為安全理由,駕車人士行車時亦應亮著車頭燈以增加能見度,及在轉線期間留意路面交通情況。*/

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

How many here eat Subway?

Do you think eating Subway and walking can really help lose weight?

I think their sandwiches are nice if you eat every now and then, while their cookies are very tasty. I don't put too much hope into the food being healthy though as my favourite is the meatball marinara.

Main problem with Subway is their super expensive price.

I eat just to keep my weight in place tongue.gif
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Skunk
  • Skunk
    6th Gear
    Author Image

the period of time i ate the most Subway, was the period of time I was at my fattest.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

Cootie-Monster
  • Cootie-Monster
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Adding mayo also defeats the purpose. I think the healthy sauces belong to honey mustard that group.

Anyway, the 1st time I ordered subway was very malu. Thinking it was like McDonalds, I walked in and said I wanted a Roast Beef meal.

The guy looked at me and asked what bread I wanted.

Errrmmm..... normal bread? I replied. confused.gif

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

Ladykillerz
  • Premium member
    Ladykillerz
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Subway somehow provides healthier food.
good for those who have the intention to cut down on weight and those who want to eat healthy.
Ladykillerz
The Sky's The Limit! [angel]

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

Nix
  • Nix
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hearty italian subway melt with olives and lettuce..mayo and honey mustard with a pinch of pepper =)

deadly combination my favourite

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i was addicted to subway long long time ago when there were only 3 restaurant in singapore.

These 3 restaurant are situated at those funny/ulu places and with little marketing being done, naturally the business will be poor.

I used to collect those stickers and exchange for free sandwiches, later they come out with a membership system which was scrapped shortly.

now the price has increased, but IMO it still worth it compare to Mac or KFC in terms of nutrition and value for $.

Indeed....I used to frequent their Changi Village outlet which is one of the first few.....

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Subway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users