Accident in Carpark

Icekitten

Twincharged

This case can be seen from two perspectives. One, Lancer driver reversing and then Latio come out without looking(more likely), and then evo bang. Second, Latio adjusting parking evo never c bang. Dosen't the carpark have CCTVs?

I think that one is not evo right? Its a lancer that lost some metal on the bonnet? The lancer if look properly then would not have reversed into the latio already. Unless the driver looking at the right side mirror to reverse rather then looking through the rear windscreen.

From the photos also can see that it is the lancer reverse into the latio. Unless the latio driver see the lancer in reverse already purposely drive out to get hit. lol.

Edited by Nzy

s--t, waited till the last moment den do car detailing

RAIN, car in the open carpark, wasted efford [bounce1]

lol yes now its not a good time to wash car

Edited by Ithunk

Why cant the hubbies from both parties take charge of the disputes, sigh.

I think they did, by shouting ateach other...

Probably both at fault some way or another. But both do not admit their fault.

But then again, in sunny Singapore, if u r too nice, people take advantage of u, n pass all blame to u.

Pretty sad. I had met 2 accidents so far. Both time my fault, although 2nd time was to sway a car that moved to my lane, making me blushed to another car from the other lane.

The first case was classical case of extortionally claim from unethical people. Which show the ugly side of people we gave in Singapore. 2nd case, the other driver was very understanding why I blushed to his car. In the end, I pay a reasonable $600 for bumper change n spay paint on a typical Japanese sedan to him. I offered to paid for his inconviences like cab fares, but he said it's no biggie.

So nice people still exist on our roads!

To summaries, if we are more understanding & help one another, our road can be a much better place, n our insurance much cheaper.

But then again, in sunny Singapore, if u r too nice, people take advantage of u, n pass all blame to u.

Pretty sad. I had met 2 accidents so far. Both time my fault, although 2nd time was to sway a car that moved to my lane, making me blushed to another car from the other lane.

The first case was classical case of extortionally claim from unethical people. Which show the ugly side of people we gave in Singapore. 2nd case, the other driver was very understanding why I blushed to his car. In the end, I pay a reasonable $600 for bumper change n spay paint on a typical Japanese sedan to him. I offered to paid for his inconviences like cab fares, but he said it's no biggie.

To summaries, if we are more understanding & help one another, our road can be a much better place, n our insurance much cheaper.

I think the problem is that sometimes they dunnoe thay are at fault. How to admit?

:D

Icekitten, to be honest I believe $6000 to claim for that damage of yours is too high. I'm now in the midst of processing my claim for my own car and my surveyor costs is only $300 plus. My repair cost for something more serious than yours is only $1500 plus.

I don't know how such a damage for yours would be rocket high.

Ask yourself this question. If the scratch was inflicted while you were reversing into a wall, would you go for a repair that is $6000? Or you would go for one which is $600?

Please be mindful of the cost of the claim.

6k for this kind of damage is extremely high.

My sunny kena bang till boot cannot open only come to 4.5k. Repair as below:

1. 2 x tail light

2. 1 x car boot cover

3. 1 x car rear bumper

4. knocking back rear and side.

5. 1 x car license plate holder

6. 5 days of lost of use.

One year later, kena bang behind again but this time more serious. When I see what's coming behind from my rear view mirror (a F&F 10 foot lorry), I step on my brake hard and pray that I won't get sandwich. This round should be more (haven't see the final letter from the insurance company yet). Repair as below:

1. 2 x tail light

2. 1 x car boot cover

3. 1 x car rear bumper

4. 1 x rear spoiler

5. 1 x rear bumper body kit

6. 1 x car license plate holder

7. knocking back rear and side

8. 4 days lost of use (but sad to say, the repair work is not up to standard)

Given a choice, who wan to kena accident.

I did not know that my hubby furnished his particulars instead of mine, but there was no intention to deceive anyone about the driver as he clearly told the other party he was the owner. Checked with my hubby and was told the other party simply said ok and made no insistence or statement that he needs the driver's particulars instead of owner's. My hubby was the one exchanging particulars with him because after the stupid exchange with the wife, I was damn frustrated already and just stood to one side, leaving my hubby to handle the rest.

My hubby's reasoning was particulars are for contacting purposes since we are going to make an insurance report and in the insurance report, it is not required to furnish the other driver's particulars. It is an offence to provide false driver's particulars to the authorities I know, obviously. But in personal capacity? Even if at any time he'd called and asked for the driver's particulars to furnish in his report, I don't see any point or benefit in purposely withholding it from him. As far as i know, he did not. If he thinks there are valid grounds for any legal or criminal charges against us for anything at all, no one is stopping him from doing so.

Newbies reading your post. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

NO offence here. Just thinking how you passed your driving theory Or merely you and your hubby are ignorance on the many info given out on Brouchures, TV advert, Papers on how to react (Things to do after an accident). Or plainly is truth that there party/parties doesn't hold a valid legal driving document at the point of time as stated by some bros here.

[gossip]

Quick Quick i must go tell My board (CEO) to give his name card to hundred of our company heavy vehicles plying on the road daily. Cos' if involve in an accident all those FT drivers can supply my CEO namecard to the other party/parties. The company "own" the vehicle so doesn't matter who is the driver then. [hur]

Edited by Kopites

I did experience a smiliar incident. From what I know, as you long as you banged into a stationary car you are at fault. In this case, seems like both car happen to move and bang one another.. Each driver can settle their own damages and close case, since both of them are at fault?

Agreed. Bang into a stationery vehicle your are at fault.

Both cars moving than u must determine who have the right of way.

Driving theory...stated that u must always ensure it is totally safe before moving off from a parking lot (Reverse or parallel).

Unless meow meow and hubby have another different set of theory/theories catered to them. [hur]

6k for this kind of damage is extremely high.

My sunny kena bang till boot cannot open only come to 4.5k. Repair as below:

1. 2 x tail light

2. 1 x car boot cover

3. 1 x car rear bumper

4. knocking back rear and side.

5. 1 x car license plate holder

6. 5 days of lost of use.

One year later, kena bang behind again but this time more serious. When I see what's coming behind from my rear view mirror (a F&F 10 foot lorry), I step on my brake hard and pray that I won't get sandwich. This round should be more (haven't see the final letter from the insurance company yet). Repair as below:

1. 2 x tail light

2. 1 x car boot cover

3. 1 x car rear bumper

4. 1 x rear spoiler

5. 1 x rear bumper body kit

6. 1 x car license plate holder

7. knocking back rear and side

8. 4 days lost of use (but sad to say, the repair work is not up to standard)

Given a choice, who wan to kena accident.

Bang from behind twice? What is it with Sunny that people like to bang their backside. Half the population of Sunny on singapore roads, I see their boot got some kind of dent.

i don't know if i'm right or not. but from the photos of the damages of your car, it shows that the impact is concentrated on one point. the scratches on the latio showed that the latio was accelerating when he banged into you cos the scratches are shallower at the headlight area and deeper at the wheel arch area. meaning that you did not reverse into the latio.

besides, in your case, you are on the main road, the latio is considered to be on the side road. no matter what happens, the latio should always give way to you. right?

i think you have a high chance of winning the claim. good luck!

Thanks to all these people I should say, EGO and PRIDE we innocent drivers have to foot the blanket cost of insurance in SG. We sg ppl are still not first world on the road.

Bang from behind twice? What is it with Sunny that people like to bang their backside. Half the population of Sunny on singapore roads, I see their boot got some kind of dent.

They all love :wub: to bang bang the two watermelon back light. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Does tat answer your doubt.

On the serious side I think its a design flaw.

All the shouting and finger pointing, all the stressing, all the trouble reporting

all the time getting intouch with insurance and 21 pages of thread in MCF forum

In the end $6,000 goes to the workshop, go figure. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement