Accident in Carpark

Icekitten

2 things.

1) You have the right of way. The Vehicle exiting the lot needs to give way to whoever is on the main road

2) WTF does anyone need to come out as much as they did to adjust their car????

i think you are more unhappy withe the other person's attitude rather than the accident... do let go of the ego and think calmly...

to be honest, based on pictures it do seem you are in the wrong for 1 simple reason.. he has not finished parking his car and you proceeded to park... the rest seem irrelavent at this point.

this may be ma hou pao but i saw there is a free lot next to the other car... the logical choice would have been to take that lot so as to minimise the occurnce of an accident which has unfortunately happened.

Hate people like u. On hazard lights to park.....which driving school teach u to do that ah? God knows where u wanna go or park ah? Yeah, I guess hazard lights on means YOU are the hazard.

IMHO, you deserve it.

er.... based on what you had said... she would have to signal right... which in this case, the latio also cannot see... so LPPL....

do not step on people when they are down lar...

2 things.

1) You have the right of way. The Vehicle exiting the lot needs to give way to whoever is on the main road

2) WTF does anyone need to come out as much as they did to adjust their car????

sad to say, when reporting insurance they can claim to be going into the lot rather than exiting.

i agree on 2nd pt... either the person has something on his mind or... [sly]

sad to say, when reporting insurance they can claim to be going into the lot rather than exiting.

i agree on 2nd pt... either the person has something on his mind or... [sly]

both goondu...and need to stop driving...go public

both goondu...and need to stop driving...go public

dun like that lar... i also involve in alot of goondu things before... dun banish me go public leh.....

everyone deserves a 2nd chance

dun like that lar... i also involve in alot of goondu things before... dun banish me go public leh.....

bu bu bu...going public IS a 2nd chance....you deserve to still travel [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

lucky i never say you DEATH PENALTY [:p]

but true lah....anyway, situational awareness is key here...and alwes watch the surroindings [drivingcar]

Side View:

img3757b.jpg

img3753k.jpg

My damage is visible from the side view. But I don't know how insurers are going to read and assess that.

Monetary-wise I am aware that private settlement is definitely more worth coz we are talking about 40% NCD. But yes, I think those who understand will know that it is not only about money esp with the uncompromising attitude encountered from the other party. :)

Thanks for constructive opinions so far. I was curious if anyone had been in such a situation and how was it settled. Takes long to settle?

Will be getting a workshop to advise further later and head down to make a report. Not intending to lie and will just say it as it is.

(edited)

Actually TS can also gave her version by saying she was just waiting for a lot when the latio hit her car and the impact move her car.

Like that that Latio guy will lose the case?

Edited by Silver_blade

Hypersonic

The picture is only in your favor if your story is your are going forward or stationary. It goess against you when you're reversing.

The picture is only in your favor if your story is your are going forward or stationary. It goess against you when you're reversing.

why is this so?

when one is reversing, it's harder for one to see the surroundings than the person going forward.

even if TS says he is going forward from lot,why would the Latio get the right of way since both are coming out from lot to main road??

Side View:

My damage is visible from the side view. But I don't know how insurers are going to read and assess that.

Monetary-wise I am aware that private settlement is definitely more worth coz we are talking about 40% NCD. But yes, I think those who understand will know that it is not only about money esp with the uncompromising attitude encountered from the other party. :)

Thanks for constructive opinions so far. I was curious if anyone had been in such a situation and how was it settled. Takes long to settle?

Will be getting a workshop to advise further later and head down to make a report. Not intending to lie and will just say it as it is.

If you wana protect urself....

I guess sometimes you have to tell a white lie....

Cheers to you...

[:)]

(edited)

er.... based on what you had said... she would have to signal right... which in this case, the latio also cannot see... so LPPL....

do not step on people when they are down lar...

actually, on hazard light when parking is a silly thing to do!

To some drivers, hazard light means to stop but not to park.

Hence, the misunderstanding occurs, esp now that we have so many foreign drivers on road.

The latio driver can just say that TS turn on hazard light & didn't expect TS to be parking.

In the eyes of TP & driving school, hazard light is not recognized signal for parking, anyway.

Having said that, latio driver must bear some of the blame as she didn't check clear before exiting the lot, even though it's just some adjustments of vehicle position in lot.

This is basic safety which everyone knows. C'mon!

And it shows lack of situational awareness & patience!

anyway, case already happened. no point scolding vuglarities at one another!

It just shows lack of class in a person!

I also encountered close shave.

I was searching for lot & found an empty lot beside a taxi with driver sitting inside.

So when I was reversing in, the taxi driver opened the door & almost hit my vehicle.

He apologised & I let the matter go. But dunno what he is thinking about!

Edited by Redboy

but true lah....anyway, situational awareness is key here...and alwes watch the surroindings [drivingcar]

ya... and i feel alot of drivers in SG lack that...

Neutral Newbie

At best, consult the mechanic and let the mechanic tell you how to write so that you can have higher chance to win the case. I had accidents b4 and stupidly tell the truth when the mechanic said that if I twisted a bit, I will get the FULL claim liao...

So bottom line, dun be tooooooooooo true.... twist here and there... make sure the mechanic u consult is good at fighting claims oso... from what I heard from a mechanic, take as much picture as possible and they will see see and find 1 good picture to condemn the other party that is wrong... tt mechanic used to b a C&C mechanic =)

I think the pics showed the TS was in the right!

The Latio was so far out of the lot!

The Latio was so far of his lot it even looks like he was going for the same lot as

the TS.

↡ Advertisement