Have I done anything wrong?

Seaweed

On the roundabout at Suntec City...And when I was turning into the road between tower 2 & 3...many people were doing illegal crossing...some saw me coming and decided to stop crossing....some saw me coming but decided to ignore me and step onto the road...I antipate the need to come to a complete stop if my honk failed to indicate to them that it is a road....it is dangerous....you see me coming and yet you try crossing in front of me...my honked did work....I was crawling but do not need a complete stop...after that when i look back from my rear mirror....the most aggressive family trying to get across the road ignoring my presence was still looking at me...

Have I done anything wrong by giving them a honked to make them aware that what they were crossing is a road....and i am driving towards you all...yes...i could have been very gracious by pulling to a complete stop and let all to cross happily....but by do so...am I giving them the false impression that be it a pedestrain crossing or not....whenever they cross and the driver will always stop and not knock them down...!!!

I think not only pedestrain...some cyclist are also preying on every driver's weakness untill they met with a crazy or drunk 1...

[shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

Anyway...I am not angry or whatever....Just feel something is not right.....

↡ Advertisement

On the roundabout at Suntec City...And when I was turning into the road between tower 2 & 3...many people were doing illegal crossing...some saw me coming and decided to stop crossing....some saw me coming but decided to ignore me and step onto the road...I antipate the need to come to a complete stop if my honk failed to indicate to them that it is a road....it is dangerous....you see me coming and yet you try crossing in front of me...my honked did work....I was crawling but do not need a complete stop...after that when i look back from my rear mirror....the most aggressive family trying to get across the road ignoring my presence was still looking at me...

Have I done anything wrong by giving them a honked to make them aware that what they were crossing is a road....and i am driving towards you all...yes...i could have been very gracious by pulling to a complete stop and let all to cross happily....but by do so...am I giving them the false impression that be it a pedestrain crossing or not....whenever they cross and the driver will always stop and not knock them down...!!!

I think not only pedestrain...some cyclist are also preying on every driver's weakness untill they met with a crazy or drunk 1...

=================

U did nothing wrong.

Its the idiotic pedestrians who think they own the road who were in the wrong.

Pedestrians have to give way to vehicles on the road.

I usually drive fast till almost very near then jam brake to give them a scare so next time they wil realise they wil b the loser if my car hits them.

Anyway if u do hit them, I hope they get permantly disabled so at least we got 1 less idiot to have to look out for.

Technically it's their fault. They should not be crossing the road there.

But as a driver we should also anticipate such behaviour, and be careful.

Don't worry lah. You did nothing wrong.

=================

U did nothing wrong.

I usually drive fast till almost very near then jam brake to give them a scare so next time they wil realise they wil b the loser if my car hits them.

Anyway if u do hit them, I hope they get permantly disabled so at least we got 1 less idiot to have to look out for.

But in law we are the losers leh. [:(]

There will always idiot that think they are iron man and cross road as if attacking MG post in band of brothers. At least you anticipated their action and act accordingly.

I won't hesitate to blast my horn at those idiots iron man..anyway wish u have a nice day.

Turbocharged

Yes, techincally, you did nothing wrong..... its a road for cars and they are jaywalking............ but in reality, if you did knock them down... loads of s--t will come along..... investigation and what not, to determine the percentage of faults for the driver and the pedestrain.... and in reality, rarely one party get 100% of the blame...... casue as pedestrain, they need to obey the rule and not jaywalk.... for driver, even got pedestrain jaywalk, you are suppose to be alert while driving and react accordingly to the road conditions/situation.......... so after the s--t loads of issues, come the "Happy Time"..... not for you or the pedetrain of course... for the MIW bonus and the lawyers salary.....

So in the end you will ask.... worth it or not??? Your problem become somebody else "happiness".....

I do not advise trying out the "drive fast till almost very near then jam brake to give them a scare "method............. casuse, suay suay cannot brake in time, you will kill them and you are driving very fast (liao)..... suay suay the fella really jump and fell and knock head on the road, also liao...... not worth it...... angry is angey, but know when to pull handbrake....

If really unhappy, just horn the fark out of them (at the same time, slow down to anticipate any situation) and show them the 3rd finger from the the right...... provided you are sure you not on candid camera... else another s--t load of problem will come......

Give you an example how I handle a group of punks many years ago.... was quite late at night, on the way back and along the road, 1 group of young punk jaywalk and they saw my car coming, but instead of walking fast, 1 of the farker stand right in the middle of the road and do some monkey act, like daunting you to dare to knock him down..... nevermind, I slow down and let him walk across...... then as the group was walking and laughing away along the pavement, back facing me..... I saw my chance..... I follow them slowly behind and out of the sudden, I BLAST my horn out the fark of them.... you should see their reaction..... all the farker jump up in shock and I drove away.....

=================

U did nothing wrong.

you mean if you hit them. good fortune to you any way. hope other drivers are not like you, and none of your xxxxxx are ever pedestrians, for however short a time...

Have to be careful when dealing with pedestrian. If outside the 50m (iirc) limit of a crossings, it is not illegal to cross the road.

Anyway, it's not worth knocking down anyone. Some will say they deserved to die but if one day they really kill someone, it will haunt them for the rest of their life.

Drive safely, bro!

i encountered this at suntec too.

SIAN. in singapore, car knock man down, car always at fault [shakehead]

Hypersonic

You are not wrong.

But just have to take note that local law don't protect the driver, even if it is the pedestrian in the wrong by crossing the road illegally and knock down by you. I think the TP will still take you liable.

Turbocharged
(edited)

You are not wrong.

But just have to take note that local law don't protect the driver, even if it is the pedestrian in the wrong by crossing the road illegally and knock down by you. I think the TP will still take you liable.

Yap... again the percentage of fault..... if the farker cross a bit, lesser percentage.... cross half way, the percentage go higher, already 3/4 way.... KNN siao liao, prepare to upzz lorry...

Edited by Nlatio

Let put it this way. As a pesdestrian we dislike/hate those zooming their vehicle along the road. Don't stop at zebra crossing, junction etc. As a driver we dislike/hate those jaywalker. Depend either we are on foot or behind the wheel at that particular moment. There are always two different perspectives. We are in a killer machine. So what if 5 or 10 min delay on the road, we still be able to reach our destination on time. We are in control of the pedal. Life is precious. Chill, patient and enjoy you ride. [drivingcar][drivingcar]

Hypersonic

Take out licence plates, knock them down like a bowling ball hitting the pins, flying all over! Wham Bam Good bye M'dm! [laugh]

you see me coming and yet you try crossing in front of me...my honked did work....I was crawling but do not need a complete stop...after that when i look back from my rear mirror....the most aggressive family trying to get across the road ignoring my presence was still looking at me...

when they stare in front of my car, i usually give a long honk, long enough to attract the whole world attention <_<

so if pedestrians are aware that its the fault of the driver for not stopping and banging them doing illegal crossing, won't that make them more daring to anyhow cross the roads whether pedestrian crossing or not???? then all drivers slow to a crawl for them to illegal cross??doesnt make sense man...

Drop gear and blast past them la. I'm not against pedestrians jaywalking but pedestrians who don't bother to evaluate if they have enough of a buffer to cross the road seriously deserve to be sent to china to be executed.

Turbocharged

aiya, you are not 100% driver all the time right? you also got cross road sometimes right?

Everything just close one eye lor.

(edited)

Pedestrian know that you won't dare to knock them down because if you do, you will end up in very deep s.h.i.t.

Therefor they just behave like king on the road.

Edited by Nemo6089
↡ Advertisement