Which insurance is the cheapest and is more detail?

Lamemonster

Why MSIG not in the list or did I miss it.

I think most insurance do not cover flood and act of god.

NTUC is very difficult to claim

I use MSIG because they are cheap ( not the lowest but comparing the coverage, excess and workshop ).

If you laxy to compare, than go to Insurance agent and let them explain to you.

BTW, agent price is same as you go direct to the insurance company so no worry about the agent charging you for service.

Supercharged

I use MSIG because they are cheap ( not the lowest but comparing the coverage, excess and workshop ).

BTW, agent price is same as you go direct to the insurance company so no worry about the agent charging you for service.

Got MSIG in the list. It is known as "Mitsu Sumitomo Insurance..."

I also used a insurance agent (broker) to do all the comparisons. These guys don't belong to a specific insurance company and they will scout for the best rate from a few insurers and give you the best quote.

For my latest quotation, my insurance agent managed to source for me cheaper premium compared to the quotation I got directly from the same insurance company.

I clarified with Direct Asia. If you have made two incident reports in the last three years, whether claimed or not, whether your fault or not, they will refuse to quote you for car insurance. What is worse, these blood suckers are now insisting that every single incident be reported whether damage to your car or not and whether no claim or not, and then use that against you when you do report. So you can't win - report incidents even if you are not at fault and you are denied insurance - don't report and any future claims from that incident are repudiated and you can be penalised, NCD taken away, policy voided etc. I asked if that is regarded as refusal to insure or refusal to quote as some insurers ask if you have ever been refused insurance when applying. They said it is refusal to quote. But I am not sure if there is a distinction that can be made because surely refusal to quote means refusal of insurance? In effect what Direct Asia are doing is not rewarding safe drivers but transferring the cost of unsafe drivers onto both unsafe and safe drivers. I guess the only people who would benefit from Direct Asia are those who drive very little. Might just as well not drive the car at all the way they operate.

Hi Picia, someone copied your post to the Lancer Motoring Club, so I thought I'd also respond here, as yours was the original comment.

Many thanks for your post, and for a chance to clarify our approach to these issues. In fact it

can you tell us honestly whether DA makes it diffcult for drivers to claim from them?

your price is competitive, surely there is a "trick" somewhere in the terms and conditions?

no insurance cover for nature disaster

Hi Cindytan, as Mahjong74 pointed out above DirectAsia.com do cover you for acts of god:

Damage caused by storm, water or acts of god

We will cover the cost of repairing your car up to the market value of your car if it is damaged by an act of god, a storm (including lightning), flood or other water damage

Car Insurance Policy Details

I hope this is helpful ....

can you tell us honestly whether DA makes it diffcult for drivers to claim from them?

your price is competitive, surely there is a "trick" somewhere in the terms and conditions?

Hi Picanto, I can honestly answer that I believe we make it as easy as possible for someone to claim from us. There are many things that can make the process much longer than anyone would like, especially if third parties are involved. We can only go as fast as possible from our side, and attempt to help the other parties settle as fast as possible too. Our aim is to provide good cover that actually means something - buying cover is a two way thing - there's no point in selling something if no-one can actually use it when they need it. It's designed to be there when you are in trouble and need help. The last thing anyone needs in that circumstance is to be let down by their insurance cover. Not everyone's claim will be successful - it's unavoidable that sometimes we are at fault or we've done something which is contrary to the terms which we've agreed to. However, we always strive to apply common sense, always review cases entirely on their own merits, and give as much leeway as possible to the customer.

In terms of where the 'trick' is, we are trying to change the game in Singapore so that type of approach is a thing of the past. How are we so cheap for so many (not all) drivers? We cut out the middleman - there are no agents taking a cut in addition to the cost of your insurance. That's usually a big saving in itself. Secondly, all our systems are geared up for efficiency, and delivery over the internet. This again helps keep costs down. And finally we are selective to a degree in terms of who we insure. Our approach is to try to reward what we call 'safe drivers'. That way the average person with a good record isn't subsidising those who are reckless or are continually in accidents. That results in lower premiums because you aren't having to pay for the high risk people. Once again this helps lower the price. We are not cheap because of poor cover.

Our company was formed because the heads of our company were literally fed up with the rip off that they saw around them, so we try very hard indeed to be a different type of company. No company is perfect, but if we can be open and transparent in all we do, and keep trying to find ways to bring together great prices, great cover and great service, without sacrificing any of them, then I hope we'll find success and people will stop being ripped off.

As we all know actions speak louder than words - we try to ensure that no-one in the company goes about things in the ways which have often tarnished the reputation of insurance and insurance companies. The amount of positive feedback we receive, especially via our claims department and customer service department, along with the our renewal rates and extraordinarily high level of 'family and friends' type referrals means we feel we are doing something right and bringing something very new to Singapore.

Edited by Directasia

Hi directasia,

I disagree that that safe drivers are rewarded when you are insuring based on car model rather than claim or accident history.

Your company declined me a quote because I drive a euro r even though I have no claims for past 8yrs.

It's contradictory that a driver with 1 claim in the last few years is considered safer than 1 with no claims .

Are you all rewarding 'safe ' cars or safe drivers?

Why cannot leh?

I suggest you go ask the insurance companies to quote you on a per trip basis. Then you pay as you use.

Better still get gov to allow you to pay tax based on per use also.

Also maybe should pay income tax daily based on working day...

Your personal insurance you should also ask why cannot daily rated, why minimum monthly premium. Why cannot be like travel insurance...

Supercharged

I suggest you go ask the insurance companies to quote you on a per trip basis. Then you pay as you use.

Better still get gov to allow you to pay tax based on per use also.

Also maybe should pay income tax daily based on working day...

Your personal insurance you should also ask why cannot daily rated, why minimum monthly premium. Why cannot be like travel insurance...

Yes, if that can be done, better still. Paying by usage is surely more fair and worth my every cent!

Thank you for your suggestion. [thumbsup]

i help my parents get a quote by DA online then when DA called and ask my dad (named driver) if anyone else drive the car except my mum (policy holder) and himself, my dad in some way misunderstood that is DA asking him did me and my brother drive his car before so my dad said yes sometimes.

DA said it is required to add young and inexperience driver even if they drive for 1 day in a year.

Dad called me and told me what DA asked and what he replied, but the problem is my dad misunderstood that DA is actually asking will me or my brother be using the car

I told my dad that he misunderstood the question and dad promptly called DA back and told them he actually misunderstood the question .

Dad further added that me and my brother each own our cars now, we have a car each and is no longer intending to drive my parents car anymore (What for do we need to drive our parents car when we have our own) and even offered the number plate of me and my bro.

DA refuse to do the necessary editing even after clarification and simply nonchalantly say she will summit this information to their UNDERWRITER and get back to my by monday 19 feb, i called again on monday 19 feb and they say have to wait for underwriter, till now NO PIC NO SOUND...

Since calling the "HOT" line got no effect, maybe posting here i will get a reply.

On a side note, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance also cui, asked for their quote then they reply they cant quote because of my claim, lol claim? i was rear ended last year and i did a private settlement with that guy and did not even went through a claim, just did a reporting at NTUC. Claim? Claim what?

Anyway some ppl here sure will ask if i did tell this to DA, i have declared truthfully No of accident: 1 - Not at fault

Edited by Lsflsf

Hi directasia,

I disagree that that safe drivers are rewarded when you are insuring based on car model rather than claim or accident history.

Your company declined me a quote because I drive a euro r even though I have no claims for past 8yrs.

It's contradictory that a driver with 1 claim in the last few years is considered safer than 1 with no claims .

Are you all rewarding 'safe ' cars or safe drivers?

Hi Galantspeedz, thanks for your post - you are right to say that DirectAsia.com does not provide insurance for performance cars at this stage regardless of the record of the driver.

Not that we are associating performance cars with reckless drivers. It is just that we believe that our current process is not geared to address the specificity of performance cars. As a new insurer, we are more focussed on the traditional segments to start with. In due time, we will expand our model to other areas which we are not currently servicing. We can't commit to a timeline at this stage, but please keep an eye out for us when it is time to renew your insurance. One day we hope to be there for you with a type of cover that suits your needs.

Many thanks ....

Hi Galantspeedz, thanks for your post - you are right to say that DirectAsia.com does not provide insurance for performance cars at this stage regardless of the record of the driver.

Not that we are associating performance cars with reckless drivers. It is just that we believe that our current process is not geared to address the specificity of performance cars. As a new insurer, we are more focussed on the traditional segments to start with. In due time, we will expand our model to other areas which we are not currently servicing. We can't commit to a timeline at this stage, but please keep an eye out for us when it is time to renew your insurance. One day we hope to be there for you with a type of cover that suits your needs.

Many thanks ....

Hi,

I still find it funny that you provide insurance for some selected powerful cars such as Golf GTI, Polo GTI.

Golf GTI sure is faster than Accord Euro R and hence, it should be more prone to accident.

Another funny example is you provide cover for Airtrek Turbo, while deny quotation for Evo9. These 2 cars use the same engine, although the one in evo is slightly more powerful.

I really wonder how insurance companies define "performance car".

i help my parents get a quote by DA online then when DA called and ask my dad (named driver) if anyone else drive the car except my mum (policy holder) and himself, my dad in some way misunderstood that is DA asking him did me and my brother drive his car before so my dad said yes sometimes.

DA said it is required to add young and inexperience driver even if they drive for 1 day in a year.

Dad called me and told me what DA asked and what he replied, but the problem is my dad misunderstood that DA is actually asking will me or my brother be using the car

I told my dad that he misunderstood the question and dad promptly called DA back and told them he actually misunderstood the question .

Dad further added that me and my brother each own our cars now, we have a car each and is no longer intending to drive my parents car anymore (What for do we need to drive our parents car when we have our own) and even offered the number plate of me and my bro.

DA refuse to do the necessary editing even after clarification and simply nonchalantly say she will summit this information to their UNDERWRITER and get back to my by monday 19 feb, i called again on monday 19 feb and they say have to wait for underwriter, till now NO PIC NO SOUND...

Since calling the "HOT" line got no effect, maybe posting here i will get a reply.

On a side note, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance also cui, asked for their quote then they reply they cant quote because of my claim, lol claim? i was rear ended last year and i did a private settlement with that guy and did not even went through a claim, just did a reporting at NTUC. Claim? Claim what?

Anyway some ppl here sure will ask if i did tell this to DA, i have declared truthfully No of accident: 1 - Not at fault

Hi Lsflsf, thanks for letting us know about your situation - are you able to pass us a number so that we can call you? Perhaps you could personal message me your contact details - or message me your name and relevant details? Then customer services will know enough to be able to look into your situation - and hopefully resolve it for you.

Many thanks in advance ....

↡ Advertisement