Which insurance is the cheapest and is more detail?

Lamemonster

I suggest that this has naff all to do with Aviva. Most if not all insurers outsource window and windscreen repairs. It sounds your relative's beef should be with Auto Windscreens. While in Etiqa I tell you to check immediately whether they accept modifications or not. Better still if you can get a black-and-white from them. Well, since we have a far different locations, I am proud to tell you that I got insured in https://www.ecomparemo.com/vehicle-insurance, and it is one of the most affordable car insurance in our country.

• Dislike 2

been insured with DA for so many years and now it crossed over 800 bucks p.a. i know it's still "cheap" lah, but it's still $$$. is auto insurance generally getting more ex now? too many claims from the PHV accidents izzit???  [thumbsdown]  :a-bang:

Progressive @ Ubi

+1

They are only interested if you are claiming insurance with repairs. If you just wanna report only, you will immediately see a "face change". For me, whichever insurance coy that uses them is not in my choice of consideration.

Can insurance pay 6 months only?

I had asked my current insurer and they say cannot. They claim this is an industrial practice. But I intend to pay 6 months road tax, so insurance also pay 6 months lor.

usual practise is no. But insurers will make exceptions sometimes.

1. when COE is expiring

2. to align your insurance with your road tax.

3. make an extension for the number of days you require based on the current policy terms.

the alternative is to still get one year, and cancel there after and get a refund of the unused portion

been insured with DA for so many years and now it crossed over 800 bucks p.a. i know it's still "cheap" lah, but it's still $$$. is auto insurance generally getting more ex now? too many claims from the PHV accidents izzit???  [thumbsdown]  :a-bang:

It is not surprise looking at the number of accidents on the road.  There are about half a million of private cars on road now.  DA most likely have says 10% of it.  It is very small pool of customers to make decent profit.

usual practise is no. But insurers will make exceptions sometimes.

1. when COE is expiring

2. to align your insurance with your road tax.

3. make an extension for the number of days you require based on the current policy terms.

the alternative is to still get one year, and cancel there after and get a refund of the unused portion

Actually, I have a question for discussion: recently cancelled my car insurance on my old car and was advised that they would refund me only 80% of whatever is unused. That seems rather unfair as I have no past claims (50% NCD) and if we were required to purchase a full year insurance despite only needing 6 months - doesn't that seem a bit too much?

Can someone verify this?

• Praise 1

Actually, I have a question for discussion: recently cancelled my car insurance on my old car and was advised that they would refund me only 80% of whatever is unused. That seems rather unfair as I have no past claims (50% NCD) and if we were required to purchase a full year insurance despite only needing 6 months - doesn't that seem a bit too much?

Can someone verify this?

This is congruent with my experience when I called income go inquire about cancelling my own insurance. There's a 20% haircut on whatever's left as well. Quite steep if you ask me.

Can someone verify this?

I have the same plight previously on the insurance coverage not in-line with COE expiry up to the last year. I have purchased a 2nd car which the insurance coverage did not match the road tax duration i.e insurance starts month of Apr and annual road tax expires month of Oct

However, I did my homework to insure the car based on 18mths to cover additional 6 more months, so as to match the annual road tax and COE expiry.

As such, on my final year COE expires same time with my car insurance after the advance action taken on last 18 mths of ownership

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 1

I have the same plight previously on the insurance coverage not in-line with COE expiry up to the last year. I have purchased a 2nd car which the insurance coverage did not match the road tax duration i.e insurance starts month of Apr and annual road tax expires month of Oct

However, I did my homework to insure the car based on 18mths to cover additional 6 more months, so as to match the annual road tax and COE expiry.

As such, on my final year COE expires same time with my car insurance after the advance action taken on last 18 mths of ownership

Thats great that you did that. I do hope that you have 50% NCD otherwise, so you paid the extra 6 mths based on the cheapest possible rate.

Has anyone heard of, or had experience with EQ insurance? Looking to get new car insurance and got a pretty competitive quote from them, but have never heard of them prior.

Any insights appreciated!

Edited by Cokiee

Has anyone heard of, or had experience with EQ insurance? Looking to get new car insurance and got a pretty competitive quote from them, but have never heard of them prior.

Any insights appreciated!

Have been around for sometime. Their forte isn't in motor, but they are alright. If premium good, just go. 

HL Assurance pretty competitive too, for my ride (toyota). Gonna switch to them next renewal. 

Ah, thanks. Worried about claims turnaround etc, but at approximately 200 cheaper than my current insurer the deal is pretty good. They also offer on site accident support where needed, like income. Stuff like windscreen excess waiver if you have a camera is also in.

↡ Advertisement