Lexus launches RX270

Alheych

My RX350 = 7.3km/l averagely

Thanks. I do expect the RX270 to do slightly better because of its FWD.

Roughly what is your highway vs city driving ratio?

↡ Advertisement

Thanks. I do expect the RX270 to do slightly better because of its FWD.

Roughly what is your highway vs city driving ratio?

I think for any SUV buyer, FC should be one of the last factors to consider.

SUVs are the least fuel-efficient vehicles.

Just enjoy the ride ..

I think for any SUV buyer, FC should be one of the last factors to consider.

SUVs are the least fuel-efficient vehicles.

Just enjoy the ride ..

That's true but even among the SUV/Crossover makers, they do try to differentiate their cars from their equivalent competition by using fuel efficiency/running cost as their marketing ploy, especially in the markets that offer diesel engine option in the SUVs. Locally, BM is almost associating the name RX450h to be synonymous with fuel efficiency.

I suppose their rational is that, once a buyer narrows down his purchase to a SUV, the buyer will still factor in fuel efficiency when all else being equal.

As for me, I am prepared to pay more visits to the service stations when moving from a sedan to a SUV but will still try to keep the transition less painful.

After many months of evaluating my options, finally decided on the RX270. The car sees stiff competion for the price range it is in (both sedan and SUVs) but the two factors that won be over conclusively is its luxurious interior and the very low dealer markup. :wub:

congrats, nice car but the FC quite bad, can be around 7-8km/l. Owned before RX300 and FC about 6-7.

Nvr tested the RX270, but sit inside before, quite spacious. but i personally dun like it too much. would prefer conti car as different build, still feel premium toyota inside.

congrats, nice car but the FC quite bad, can be around 7-8km/l. Owned before RX300 and FC about 6-7.

Nvr tested the RX270, but sit inside before, quite spacious. but i personally dun like it too much. would prefer conti car as different build, still feel premium toyota inside.

Conti? Try Touareg and one will be visiting the pumps more often than going to the loo.

Conti? Try Touareg and one will be visiting the pumps more often than going to the loo.

lol u can try the new X3, quite spacious and new model. inside a bit old esp the back seat. dont have the chance to test it but only sit inside. i tested X5 and its bumpy ride.

Haha, I'm sure they're all about the same 6-8 km/L cars.

Touareg Hybrid maybe slightly better and much more torque.

How's your ride with the RX 270?

Was told that the features and equipment level of RX270 is not very equipped, is that true?

not as good as the RX350 or 400. its an entry level RX afterall.

correct la but the rx still share the same outlook which is nice and classy....

but i think people may not consider this vehicle coz the engine capacity is high which means pay more for road tax yet enjoy a lower horsepower (188?).

Edited by Lovethecars

correct la but the rx still share the same outlook which is nice and classy....

but i think people may not consider this vehicle coz the engine capacity is high which means pay more for road tax yet enjoy a lower horsepower (188?).

for those in the mkt for these type of cars, they already have achieved some status in life. road tax to them is but peanut $$$. but for the ordinary folks who are earning 3 to4k per mth, road tax and petrol would be an issue

How's your ride with the RX 270?

Was told that the features and equipment level of RX270 is not very equipped, is that true?

According to BM, the RX270 is their best seller currently.

The RX is at its best when it is cruising to its destination where the duration of the journey is secondary. For an exciting drive in a crossover, better to look elsewhere like Audi Q5 or Volvo XC60. Because of the RX's good manners as a cruiser, a 2.7 liter enginer should serve its purpose. The power is more than adequate. All other main components are identical to the much costlier RX350.

Of course if money is not an issue, paying more for a smooth V6 engine of the RX350 would further enhance the luxury cruiser characteristic.

The features such as Navigation, adaptive headlights, automatic tailgate are nice to have on a RX270 but hard to justify their cost if you want to keep it to a certain price range.

The above is just my personal opinion after driving it for about a month.

I am getting about 9 km/liter average (50:50 mix highway and city) which is just about 15% poorer than my previous 1.8 liters mid size conti sedan on identical driving pattern.

One plus point for me since I got the RX...no more brake dust stains on the rim forever!! hooray!

definitely RX's petrol consumption won't be as good as a sedan lor. but the drive feel of an suv is more comfortable due to the high sitting position. anyway, enjoy your ride. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

is the RX270 only for Singapore market, or where else will it be available?

Incidentally, was the previous model RX sold in Singapore? I see reference to the the RX300, but not much about the RX330/350 from 2004-2008...

cheers

Satz

is the RX270 only for Singapore market, or where else will it be available?

Incidentally, was the previous model RX sold in Singapore? I see reference to the the RX300, but not much about the RX330/350 from 2004-2008...

cheers

Satz

the RX300 was sold in singapore and was quite popular. when it was replaced by the RX350 (engine only, model remains the same) it was less popular. there are still many toyota harriers which rebadged.

Neutral Newbie

I read somewhere else on this bulletin board that the RX350 is being dropped from singapore market? Is that true?

Still shows up on Lexus Singapore website..

cheers

S

One good reason why the AL10 version of the RX [current model] isn't selling as well as the XU30 [previous model], is probably because of the looks. The AL10 has lost the purposeful, SUV-like looks, for a more sleek, cross-over look.

The interior of the AL10 is a much better place to be in than the XU30, however, the quality used could be better, especially the door trims, which is essentially plastic, but is smooth plastic nonetheless.

As for the interior cabin space, I'd say, both the AL10 and XU30 are more or less the same. But the AL10, with 4X4, has a slightly smaller boot than the XU30, thanks to the raised boot floor.

The XU30 also has the Toyota Harrier 2.4 to help boost the sales [if you include both], whereas the AL10 doesn't, and only has the RX270 to content as the smallest model.

↡ Advertisement