Lexus launches RX270

Alheych

I read somewhere else on this bulletin board that the RX350 is being dropped from singapore market? Is that true?

Still shows up on Lexus Singapore website..

cheers

S

Well, Lexus hasn't been doing well ever since the Germans produced much better cars.

Mercedes W221 S-Class VS Lexus LS460.

BMW F10, Mercedes W212 VS Lexus GS [outdated]

↡ Advertisement

definitely RX's petrol consumption won't be as good as a sedan lor. but the drive feel of an suv is more comfortable due to the high sitting position. anyway, enjoy your ride. [:)]

An update on my RX270 fuel consumption, after 6 weeks of driving, I am getting a step improvement. I am getting about 9.4 km/l on similar driving pattern as previously (I am very light footed, green econ light is activated on my display all the time).

Anyway, in view of the almost non existent price gap between RON95 and RON98 recently, I pump only RON98. I swear the improvement in fuel consumption I am seeing is partly attributed to the RON98 fuel. [:)]

Edited by Topspin

An update on my RX270 fuel consumption, after 6 weeks of driving, I am getting a step improvement. I am getting about 9.4 km/l on similar driving pattern as previously (I am very light footed, green econ light is activated on my display all the time).

Anyway, in view of the almost non existent price gap between RON95 and RON98 recently, I pump only RON98. I swear the improvement in fuel consumption I am seeing is partly attributed to the RON98 fuel. [:)]

Good for you then!

Toyota should continue with the Harrier version of this Lexus. It makes more sense on our roads.

^_^

Well, Lexus hasn't been doing well ever since the Germans produced much better cars.

Not too sure if the phrase better cars is appropriate...maybe more desirable cars, I can agree.

Many who stick to Lexus despite its perception of being outdated values its reliability above anything else (like me!!). [:)]

is the RX270 only for Singapore market, or where else will it be available?

Satz

It is also available in China, Russia, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. I am sure there other countries who may import them as well but I am just not aware of. In fact RX270 arrived very late to Singapore.

Not too sure if the phrase better cars is appropriate...maybe more desirable cars, I can agree.

Many who stick to Lexus despite its perception of being outdated values its reliability above anything else (like me!!). [:)]

Well, whatever the term [pardon my average English],

there's really no denying that BMW has boosted its sales with the new F10 5-Series, that's not only popular here in Singapore, but around the world as well, especially in major cities.

It has the baby 7-Series looks, and the same interior dashboard.

Engines are also 'economical' too.

There's a huge expectation for the F30 3-series as well =)

Well, whatever the term [pardon my average English],

there's really no denying that BMW has boosted its sales with the new F10 5-Series, that's not only popular here in Singapore, but around the world as well, especially in major cities.

It has the baby 7-Series looks, and the same interior dashboard.

Engines are also 'economical' too.

There's a huge expectation for the F30 3-series as well =)

No doubt about that. Many beemers on the road today. What is really surprising is that it is very popular despite its high dealer markup (>30%) as compared to Lexus (<15%). Credit to BMW designers and their marketing people...they are able to make a desirable car where people are prepared to buy despite the high markup. Hats off to them.

No doubt about that. Many beemers on the road today. What is really surprising is that it is very popular despite its high dealer markup (>30%) as compared to Lexus (<15%). Credit to BMW designers and their marketing people...they are able to make a desirable car where people are prepared to buy despite the high markup. Hats off to them.

No wonder people call Beemer drivers as badge whores- Spend so much money and kenne ketok also they dont mind....

Haha ^_^

i m very disappointed with lexus/borneo for down-grading lexus brand

i loved lexus since the inception of the first LS400 way back in 1989 when i saw the ad on the pointer n violin recording inside the car. i dreamed of owning a lexus one day.

now they now only bring in smaller cc (which is still acceptable) but, to have a 4 cylinder engine in their variants is unimaginable. first was the H250 using 4 cylinders, now RX270 also using 4 cylinders!!!!

it is no longer a lexus then. it has become a toyota harrier in disguise. previously when the RX300 was 3 litre, the harrier was 2.4. now the RX350 is 3.5litre, the harrier becomes 2.7 litre, but they badged it as RX270!!!!

no wonder they r dropping worldwide in sales.

i m sure hyundai, will overtake them (toyota) very soon given the improvement n techonology in their latest models like the new i45 n the upcoming new avante (1.6 with 140bhp n 6 speed auto). the i45 with the GDI engine giving 200bhp will b an interesting n exciting choice when it is being launched hopefully end of the year.

[drivingcar]

Bro,

Eight of July 2011's Top 30 Best-Selling Luxury Vehicles in America are sold by Japanese brands. There are 13 German-brand vehicles represented along with one Swede, one Brit, one Korean, and six Americans. Korean is at no 9 with Genesis. Lexus RX at number 2 after the 3-series.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/08/best-...-july-2011.html

Dont worry, before the koreans are number 1, most of us here would already be driving one.

Bro,

Eight of July 2011's Top 30 Best-Selling Luxury Vehicles in America are sold by Japanese brands. There are 13 German-brand vehicles represented along with one Swede, one Brit, one Korean, and six Americans. Korean is at no 9 with Genesis. Lexus RX at number 2 after the 3-series.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/08/best-...-july-2011.html

Dont worry, before the koreans are number 1, most of us here would already be driving one.

With all the new Japanese car unveiled, it really seems that they have lost steam compared to the Koreans.

But to be fair to the Japanese, we have only in our heads, the Elantra, i45, Optima K5 and Veloster as a benchmark to the Japanese.

Hyundai is now going the way of BMW and Audi, having the same corporate face and interior design. That could be a disappointment.

Kia's also now having the same grille [as brand identity] throughout their new cars.

It may get boring after awhile.

No wonder people call Beemer drivers as badge whores- Spend so much money and kenne ketok also they dont mind....

Haha ^_^

Agreed. The dealer markup is at least 40k-50k for entry-level, and a lot more for the mid-level. Even X3 is marked up 90-100k.

That's a lot of profit recuperated to absorb their advertising, etc costs.

They can afford to price so high as there is no shortage of buyers. Only shortage of COEs.

Agreed. The dealer markup is at least 40k-50k for entry-level, and a lot more for the mid-level. Even X3 is marked up 90-100k.

That's a lot of profit recuperated to absorb their advertising, etc costs.

They can afford to price so high as there is no shortage of buyers. Only shortage of COEs.

Well, these kind of buyers are too rich already. They don't know what they're buying.

Those that buy 2nd hand F10 for example, will be in for a good deal!

Then again, nothing's good in this high COE climate.

Nope.

The RX270 is really for countries where there're tax incentives.

3 years over, what is the RX270 sales figure?

I guess it's not so good, see more RX300 than RX270 on the road