Hit and Run Bike!

Sgkingkong

Neutral Newbie

Was stopped at the traffic lights this morning... a motorbike while trying to get through between me and the car on the right hit my mirrror... and ran away. My first reaction was to assess the damage, thus not taken down the number. Sadly, a long scratch was left on the mirror :(

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

even u get the number also cannot do any claim... unless u want to use a lawyer to claim...

this is singapore...

mine with video... report police as hit & run... then police say no case... since the owner say NO!

the first time i pay $600 to repair myself... when the car just bang my side & go...

and $2000 for someone hit my car after he is drunk at town area... also with video... but 2nd time i never report..

as i know no use... unless i want to spent $5000-$10000 to claim back my $2000...

this is part of owning a car...

sad to say, not much we can do in hit and run if no one is injured. Police dun care, lawyers care only if u have $$$, god is blind, mp say Fcuk u, and there is no such thing as superman.

suck thumb and either live with it, forget and forgive, or buy a rpg and place it in your car for instances like this. Make sure u get your vengeance.

sad to say, not much we can do in hit and run if no one is injured. Police dun care, lawyers care only if u have $$$, god is blind, mp say Fcuk u, and there is no such thing as superman.

suck thumb and either live with it, forget and forgive, or buy a rpg and place it in your car for instances like this. Make sure u get your vengeance.

I wud say vengeance. Take down nbr, file police report, wif report go to LTA get owners address details then Rambo time.

even u get the number also cannot do any claim... unless u want to use a lawyer to claim...

this is singapore...

mine with video... report police as hit & run... then police say no case... since the owner say NO!

the first time i pay $600 to repair myself... when the car just bang my side & go...

and $2000 for someone hit my car after he is drunk at town area... also with video... but 2nd time i never report..

as i know no use... unless i want to spent $5000-$10000 to claim back my $2000...

That is why Singapore crime rate is lower every year....

http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/08/04/si...me-dips-by-4-5/

Was stopped at the traffic lights this morning... a motorbike while trying to get through between me and the car on the right hit my mirrror... and ran away. My first reaction was to assess the damage, thus not taken down the number. Sadly, a long scratch was left on the mirror :(

Felt sorry for u...

If i were u, i would give chase....

But of course la, if can't chase...

Then forget it liao...

Suck thumb and move on?

cheers la.. [:)]

I wud say vengeance. Take down nbr, file police report, wif report go to LTA get owners address details then Rambo time.

I do not think LTA gives out owners address details even with police report

No wonder Police can PROUDLY claim crime rate down.

Even with video evidence, as long as the other party says NO. There is no case.

This is Singapore justice for you.

You say no count, AhKong says count!

"this is singapore...

mine with video... report police as hit & run... then police say no case... since the owner say NO!"

I do not think LTA gives out owners address details even with police report

If u tell them u want to claim insurance, they wud.

sorry.. i do not understand tis line : "mine with video... report police as hit & run... then police say no case... since the owner say NO!" the owner is who ... the person who hit the other ppl car ?

Turbocharged

i also kena before..... on my way home from work on bke toward sle... those peak hour, many my motorbike going toward woodland time....traffic was bad and slow..move stop move stop situation...then this bike just filter toward my left front suddenly when i was about to move.... his bike hit my left slightly.. luckily i slam on brake, he didnt fall.... he just continue ride off without even bother to look at me........ on the bright side, at least he didnt fall and no injury, my front bumper has minor scratch only.......

normally, car is always the "losing" party when accident with bike.....

Neutral Newbie

sorry.. i do not understand tis line : "mine with video... report police as hit & run... then police say no case... since the owner say NO!" the owner is who ... the person who hit the other ppl car ?

yes the person who hit my car (everything is record in the video)... say NO.. never happen... then police say no case... since the driver/owner say never happen...

with the video... police ask me to sue the owner... then until i win the case... then they will charge him giving false report... so for now... they DO NOT WANT to use my video...

so unless i want to spent 10k or more for this case... if not police will say no case...

easy said than done

Neutral Newbie

Me,too.. [dizzy] Care to explain,plse.

this is singapore...

if u get that person and he/she refused to stop or settle, and u can prove the damage, it's HIT and RUN.. or any witness to see that will also do

I reported a foreign motorbike and manage to get a police report and lodged to IDAC.. The police said they can't go and catch in Malaysia but can ban them from coming.. This is good enough for me.. :)

My friend's mum was caught HIT and RUN in MSCP, and that's because 1 witness saw her rammed into the parked car, and run away.. that's all

I really can't think of any reason why it's not HIT and RUN, unless your case abit too weak to support?

Edited by Yenyenpark

Neutral Newbie

the only thing police do was post a letter to the car owner/driver...

then i got to wait for their reply... and this take 2mth for a small singapore...

after 2 mth... police tell me no case... as the owner say he is not there... then i show police the video...

they tell me to get my own lawyer to sue... once prove that the owner is there... then they will charge him for false report...

anyway unless someone die in a hit & run... if not police will not work to check...

so next time some car hit u... u got to get the car to stop then exchange tel number... if not no case...

this is singapore... i havegive up long time ago...

did they explain why no case? Simplest method is go to the media.

would the media even bother about it since its not a newsworthy story?

↡ Advertisement