Fandi

Perrier

That's the great Singapore Irony... [laugh] Handicap locals, then say no talented locals so have to rely on FT.

FT more talented meh?

Then how come Singapore not in World Cup 2010?

↡ Advertisement

FT more talented meh?

Then how come Singapore not in World Cup 2010?

Maybe becos not all 1st 11 are FTs??? [laugh]

sad lah...

i tot his sons will go on to break their dad's all-time national goalscoring record for singapore

siao bo?

If play for Arsenal or any Premier league team, $ will be $$$$$$$$$$.

Berak records? For what? To shake hand with Sports Minister?

i am bias, i agree

but NS exemption,

should be granted for the most talented individuals.

(case by case basis of cos)

these 2 certainly falls into the catagory nicely.

Dangerous proposition...what constitute talent? $$$$$$= Talent, my friend.

Case by case? You gt to be kidding.

Neutral Newbie

Fandi didnt join Ajax not because of NS la... i tink he rejected because he cannot adapt then went indonesia instead. after that he join Groningen. Ajax wanna sign him 2nd time and he rejected.

Fandi's reason for not joining the european club...do you know what he gave?

Think it is a combination of home sick and his mum's advice. After all, he was really young then and was a kampong boy. Guess living in europe alone was difficult.

Supercharged

they shld give up SG citizenship, if they wan to go into pro football.

forget abt loyalty to SG.....

have any one of you ever noticed that locals who have to go overseas to be in their profession, make it big finally? if they stay in SG, they will be nothing......

our SG market is too small and amature for pro football or any other sports or arts

Both sons can choose to play for South Africa too even if they are singaporean? i know alot of euro players are doing it holding dual citizenship...if they join FC Groningen at 16 years old and stay at the club for a couple of years they will become home grown players in the dutch league...maybe maybe can take up dutch citizenship too...means they can choose to represent sinkapore, SA or the Netherlands ...which will u choose?

if i were fandi, i sure will giv up citizenship for here... y bcos of sillypore to giv up future of the kids??? (tis is another way of thinking instead of "wan to giv up citizenship for the sake of the boys")...

i will support him wif both hands and legs to giv up citizenship here... no point, we are 3rd class citizen afterall...

Now ask yourself this question , when fandi did so much for the country did he recieve any pension for the time served playing for singapore? Politicans get pension after 2 terms which is only 8 years at most 10. Most of the time pencil pushing ,most of them held directorship elsewhere. Loyalty? I can still rememeber people telling us that they should match the pay of the public sector sometime back. When others are getting retrenched or having only a fraction of their original pay, for those which had the pay matched did they give up their pay to compare to those which lose their jobs during the down period?

Fandi served more than 10 years for Singapore putting everything into it but did Singapore give any pension ? Don't be a joke. If one really wants to excel in sports go overseas , if you are really patriotic , get famous and switch sides becoming an FT.

Edited by CH_CO

I dun think it is possible to give up citizenship just like that. I think you have to leave the country before like 6 or 7 (I dunno the exact age). If not, you will have to serve NS no matter what.

So if Fandi really decides to let his sons play overseas, they probably wun be able to return to Singapore ever. But at least they can easily take up SA citizenship.

Of course he should get his sons to forget about Sg. Let's see: Get to play for truly recognised clubs and countries - win. Get to avoid NS - win. Get to avoid being tangled up in some foolhardy Mini-star's "Goal 201x" (where x is undefined) - WIN.

Sounds like win-win-win to me.

Great to see this forum is also advising him to do the right thing by his sons. Only crazies like those in the YP@P forum might advise him to do something else, but their opinions, like those of the elusive 66.6%, don't really count. I've never been one to give much weight to the opinions of idiots.

Edited by Turboflat4

go oversea more chance of exposure for future..can made more and recognise there,no play football nvm if study also faster than local here...advantage in timing liaoz..

here not much exposure..made alot lesser and worst is kana suck more..LOL

Edited by Freestylers09

Not just that, more $$ to be made than Singapore for soccer.. I would advise him to let them max their potential there.

↡ Advertisement