Is YOG consider a FLOP ?

Daniel3

Hi All,

Why after spending S$385 million,this event does not click with singaporeans?

What is the underlying problems,who is to be fault?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

no comment since im not interested. let's be frank, sports just doesnt click with sg. take fandi's son for example, those who support them to go further with soccer, the only feasible advice for them is to give up citizenship. if they want to remain as sgrean, then forget about soccer. that's how mismatch btw sports and sg.

Turbocharged

Hi All,

Because there are no public holidays associated with it!

Turbocharged

no one in the world seem to be interested.

who say no one?? just now on tv news, one chap talk until like this yog make him soooo damn proud wor..... [laugh]

who say no one?? just now on tv news, one chap talk until like this yog make him soooo damn proud wor..... [laugh]

is he from IMH? :D

Turbocharged

its just another avenue for those involved to loot some $ along the way for their cronies

well, 385mil have to go to someone right?....ofcause not into our pocket lar..... [:p]

My friend say he is buying tickets to watch a few events, hudo or karate, something like that.

Irony is he's French. Anyway, I will be away (NS) oversea for a month, so I guess I have reason not to care.

& Yes, its very low key, I have been meeting with people that travel her from Germany, Portugal, China, to name a few, & no one talk about it. I don't think they know a thing about it.

can i say no new buildings were built for the YOG? If so, where did the major of $385mill goto?

Thats ALOT of money on logistics alone...

Hi All,

I think you must be in the senior management position. YOG haven't even start and

you are asking whether is it a FLOP and who is at fault?

-----------------------------------------------------------

The story is told of a man flying in a hot air balloon who realizes he is lost.

He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon and shouts,

can i say no new buildings were built for the YOG? If so, where did the major of $385mill goto?

Thats ALOT of money on logistics alone...

painting roads. banner. upgrades on existing infrastructures (if you had a dine-in meal at macs recently you'll see where they are hosting all the games. its all over singapore using existing facilities). telecommunications? security? and all the lines running and powering? and the fences around ntu (if still can drive in you can see the whole bloody campus is fenced up, not just the perimeters but within schools and compounds and compartmentalization etc).

no one in the world seem to be interested.

well the thing is even olympics itself (not youth olympics) not many people are interested in the first place. did you care about any of those much earlier olympics? perhaps only sportsmen, professionals and amateurs are interested in their own sports?

i personally watch the winter olympics when im bored. thats all. seems more fascinating with all the speed and scenery.

Edited by Karebu
↡ Advertisement