OPC usage

Immotive

I was told that we need to upgrade the OPC (pay LTA $100 per year) in order to use the car before 3pm on Saturdays, is that still valid?

I've used that car but I haven't do such upgrade and I'm not able to buy the eDay license as it is a Saturday(website does not allow), what should I do?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

dependent...tried to convert but it comes up to be more than just a few hundreds with the changes in road taxes and everything... try going down post office?

• Praise 3

pls pay at AXS machine for the car used that day.. if not high chances to getting summon... and they are very quick to do so pls now so convenient... hp, axs, internet and post office, no longer can give excuse for not buying.. on top of that opc owners gets 24 hour grace meaning if use car today during peak period you got up to tmrw 2359 to pay if not the next working day either get phone call from lta or registered letter..

what car you drive bro?? if your car more than 1.6cc might be costly to convert to revised opc.. thats the name of opc car that can drive on saturday and eve of 5 major holiday w/o coupon

my neighbour drives an opc estima 2.4cc and one drives a fortuner i think its 3.0cc car are not able to convert as the change in road tax is so high plus they are so used to the 3pm timing moreover they might not every sat drive before 3pm so they dun convert.. think they got say the road tax become very high..

Like if its a one litre car the road tax is $50, then pay one time $100 conversion fees plus prorata of road tax... so going forward the road tax becomes $70/yr instead of $50/year.. bigger cars more money involved.. not sure how much gotta check it out :)

• Praise 3

That's bad, my agent told me i can just drive no need to do anything else. is there anyway i can check if my opc is the revised opc? can i do the upgrade using axs?

That's bad, my agent told me i can just drive no need to do anything else. is there anyway i can check if my opc is the revised opc? can i do the upgrade using axs?

You can check your road tax slip. Mine has the word Revised on my road tax.

FYI, those who want to convert only pay a one time fee of $100 and not pay $100 every year.

• Praise 1

pls pay at AXS machine for the car used that day.. if not high chances to getting summon... and they are very quick to do so pls now so convenient... hp, axs, internet and post office, no longer can give excuse for not buying.. on top of that opc owners gets 24 hour grace meaning if use car today during peak period you got up to tmrw 2359 to pay if not the next working day either get phone call from lta or registered letter..

what car you drive bro?? if your car more than 1.6cc might be costly to convert to revised opc.. thats the name of opc car that can drive on saturday and eve of 5 major holiday w/o coupon

my neighbour drives an opc estima 2.4cc and one drives a fortuner i think its 3.0cc car are not able to convert as the change in road tax is so high plus they are so used to the 3pm timing moreover they might not every sat drive before 3pm so they dun convert.. think they got say the road tax become very high..

Like if its a one litre car the road tax is $50, then pay one time $100 conversion fees plus prorata of road tax... so going forward the road tax becomes $70/yr instead of $50/year.. bigger cars more money involved.. not sure how much gotta check it out :)

My neighbour drives his OPC almost everyday like a normal car. Maybe he found some loopholes? Working in Jurong industrial area, harder to catch?

• Praise 1

Hi guys,I'm having my new opc car soon.What advise do you give for me if I were to drive during peak period,mine is 1.6 cc car? thanks.. :huh:

don know what kind of advice u referring to..........but u sure got the smallest cc car around :D

Well I go within my budget after much calculation.I think its good enough to roam around and emergencies... [blush][blush] Question: If I were to collect mu new opc during peak period,will the car agent pay for my day usage fees or I have to pay for myself?

Hahahaha thats a big risk that I am unwiling to take... but I believe that there is a loophole somewhere...

I used to drive my OPC for 8 months for everyday and at that time Saturday was not a full day thing yet, due to a short stint of project, cost me $400 extra every month for the coupon so one month about $1100. good thing was that I was given an $800 allowance which covers my petrol, coupon and erp... Anyway whether got this extra $800 or not I stilll have to pay for instalments and road tax etc... So in a way was a bonus to drive everyday... Still cheaper than when I rent a car. I was renting car on a yearly basis for 2 years, cos I didn't want to suffer depreciation etc. Anyway later on I woke up and realise that actually most cars are rental cars on Singapore, rent from gahment for 10 years hahaha...

When I got promoted to Sales Manager, I became more deskbound and that happened on the 25th month of car rental, which was good cos I could RETURN the car and cease the rental/leasing. So I bought an OPC car, cos I leave office at 9pm everyday, so I push myself to go in earlier from 8am to 7am, eat breakfast with one of my colleague who also drives OPC and go back office read newspaper, surf internet and start work.... I bought my car no regrets... But sometimes my staff goes to Tuas so I will tear coupon and claim back from companyfor coupon and petrol per day depending on as and when basis.

If you wanna drive everyday during peak period why did you buy an OPC? Unless your company covers. Please take a bus.

huh?1.6cc small meh? Quite ok leh :)

don know what kind of advice u referring to..........but u sure got the smallest cc car around :D

Edited by Meganut

I doubt they will buy for you. Just ask them lor. Even if they say they buy, please go AXS to double check.

How to check? just try purchasing for that day, if its purchase then you cant purchase it again.. :)

Well I go within my budget after much calculation.I think its good enough to roam around and emergencies... [blush][blush] Question: If I were to collect mu new opc during peak period,will the car agent pay for my day usage fees or I have to pay for myself?

Hahahaha thats a big risk that I am unwiling to take... but I believe that there is a loophole somewhere...

I used to drive my OPC for 8 months for everyday and at that time Saturday was not a full day thing yet, due to a short stint of project, cost me $400 extra every month for the coupon so one month about $1100. good thing was that I was given an $800 allowance which covers my petrol, coupon and erp... Anyway whether got this extra $800 or not I stilll have to pay for instalments and road tax etc... So in a way was a bonus to drive everyday... Still cheaper than when I rent a car. I was renting car on a yearly basis for 2 years, cos I didn't want to suffer depreciation etc. Anyway later on I woke up and realise that actually most cars are rental cars on Singapore, rent from gahment for 10 years hahaha...

When I got promoted to Sales Manager, I became more deskbound and that happened on the 25th month of car rental, which was good cos I could RETURN the car and cease the rental/leasing. So I bought an OPC car, cos I leave office at 9pm everyday, so I push myself to go in earlier from 8am to 7am, eat breakfast with one of my colleague who also drives OPC and go back office read newspaper, surf internet and start work.... I bought my car no regrets... But sometimes my staff goes to Tuas so I will tear coupon and claim back from companyfor coupon and petrol per day depending on as and when basis.

If you wanna drive everyday during peak period why did you buy an OPC? Unless your company covers. Please take a bus.

Or maybe convert back to normal car plate....

• Praise 1

Hi guys,I'm having my new opc car soon.What advise do you give for me if I were to drive during peak period,mine is 1.6 cc car? thanks.. :huh:

Advise? Buy e-day license.... And you can collect your ride after 7pm. I don't think the AD will buy one for you.

• Praise 1

Hahaha... I stop driving already cos project ended no need to drive... now got company vehicle hahahaha :) thanks for the idea though, converting is good for long term actually :)

* Ops typo... At that time Saturday was a full day thing yet, the coupon cost me extra $400+ a month base on 22 working days

Edited by Meganut

huh?1.6cc small meh? Quite ok leh :)

alamak......i failed. Cracked joke and still not get it [:p]

Its suppose to be 1.6l(Litre) or 1600cc.

1.6CC is more like a drop of water. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement