Big jump in number of illegally modified cars

Ithunk

u have never hit 60km/hr on a 50km/hr road before?

I try not to, as much as i know....i still P-plate, cannot anyhow play. 12 pts gone that's it....

↡ Advertisement

that's why there's all the new safety system for cars now....

(pedestrian detection, speed limit detection, obstacle detection, blind spot monitoring....etc)

if not you think the engineers got nothing better to do issit???

u have never hit 60km/hr on a 50km/hr road before?

Possible but very hard to maintain that speed, I already drive 20km/h inside my carpark where the speed limit is 15 km/h. [laugh]

maybe next time car enthusiasts who track often will be forced to have 2 cars. (unless they already have more).

1 for street daily driving.

1 for tracking.

No need. just need to be less haolian..

Cars can be modded for power but look stock on the outside. Don't do stupid things like LED, very dark or reflective tints, illegal HID. all these don't do squat on the track.

even for exhaust, modded for power won't be super loud, just sound different and somewhat louder only. probably kena if LTA stop the car, but the key is not to be stopped in the first place. drive sensibly..

is that so hard to do? [rolleyes]

Seriously, many people did illegal modding without thinking of the consequences.....

If you mod your car, would you want people to know or would you prefer to be a sleeper?

Making the exhaust loud and noisy is just inviting troubles......

No need. just need to be less haolian..

Cars can be modded for power but look stock on the outside. Don't do stupid things like LED, very dark or reflective tints, illegal HID. all these don't do squat on the track.

even for exhaust, modded for power won't be super loud, just sound different and somewhat louder only. probably kena if LTA stop the car, but the key is not to be stopped in the first place. drive sensibly..

is that so hard to do? [rolleyes]

I agreed man. Even if the car is heavily modded, it it looks just like any car out there, TP or LTA won't take a 2nd look. Exhaust mod.... of course lourder lar. But must have a limit. If too loud, will also invite troubles. If just slightly louder, then no problems.

It's really funny to see youngsters shake and shake the steering wheel when playing Wagan Midnight. 300+kmh. lols...The fastest i hit in SGP highway is 120. Cuz steering starts to vibrate. Youngster should know their driving skill and car's limits. I ever seen few youngsters on P-plate driving their parents Camry, Cefiro and Getz racing with each other.. I laugh until ... [smash]

That is really funny..... [laugh][laugh]

souped up cars to attract girls???

i thought they only attracted to rich man's cars???

Rich man car and souped up car attract different parts of the girl mah.

Rich man attracts the material part, can hao lian a bit and hopefully get to go shopping for Prada, Gucci etc.

Souped up cars attract the more animalistic, thrill-seeking part.

Not uncommon during my time for a thiong girl to go out with a rich man to tok chai tao, and yet maintain a relationship with an ah beng with a souped up car. Everybody benefits....[laugh][laugh]

yes. you know him ah ? if he is not a racer, i dont know who is. you know he takes 2.5 hrs to reach genting, doing 250km/hr constantly. :o

Bruce is a high flyer no doubt... U are also right on sunny to euro r to 5 series... But his sunny barely had 150bhp la... Anyway he's a great driver... Very gd natural instinct.

i don't understand the loud exhaust part (besides a Harley-Davidson)....

loud exhaust, yet car still going slow???

NA? Whats the legal dB level in Singapore anyway? Its 90dB in Australia and I easily fail that limit... Hahaha. I think I'll blew 93dB or 94dB.

Neutral Newbie

Saw a JDM Honda Accord passed me by while crossing the road towards Raffles Hotel. Bright orange in colour and was accelerating Definitely had illegally modifed exhaust system. But the sound was like real horrible! It was like the engine was telling the car.."please let me live!".....lots of noises, but far from the likes you get from a Ferrari, Maserati or Lambo or an air-cooled flat six. Really irritating kind of sound. Took a quick look at the driver...well would have guessed right...Ah Beng ! [laugh]

I agreed man. Even if the car is heavily modded, it it looks just like any car out there, TP or LTA won't take a 2nd look. Exhaust mod.... of course lourder lar. But must have a limit. If too loud, will also invite troubles. If just slightly louder, then no problems.

But if you really want to liberate a turbo engine's power, need to decat. If a GTR runs on an aggressive ECU map, extremely lean, push 800HP, will have to decat. Otherwise, the back-pressure will kill the engine if driven on frequent hard revs.

NA? Whats the legal dB level in Singapore anyway? Its 90dB in Australia and I easily fail that limit... Hahaha. I think I'll blew 93dB or 94dB.

It's relative to the hearing abilities of the general population. As we are producing less babies here, therefore the population is aging. Hence the allowed DB is higher.

I'm sure my gramps if he were still around couldn't tell a decat GTR from the kettle whistling in the kitchen.

Unless the engine capacity is huge (more than 4L or 5L), changing the engine will not make it very fast. Unless your definition of fast is a 14s quarter mile and 0-100 in less than 10s. Without turbo or supercharging a small engine, they will be limited by their capacity.

You can argue tuning works magic but it doesnt make the impossible possible. I agree with tuning is probably the most important in mod cars but serious on a 2L NA car, forget it.

If the road is clear, I dont think it'll be a major issue (although its still illegal). Dont they all say, its only illegal if you get caught. I enjoy street racing as much as track. They gives you different kind of feel + you might end up knowing someone like minded on the street too!

so you are looking down on the Honda S2000?

Yep. This is so true.

I'd driven a super-stock-looking, illegally-heavily-modded YRV for 3 years. Never once kena stopped by LTA or TP.

After that i owned Mitsu Colt turbo. Besides lowering spring, everything else is 100% stock. Within the first 1 year of owning it, I got stopped by TP once and LTA twice. Basically, TP and LTA only target those cars that 'look' powerful.

Lesson learnt : If you wanna mod, make sure your car looks 99.99% stock or else stay stock. [;)]

Edited by C-K