Big jump in number of illegally modified cars

Ithunk

so you are looking down on the Honda S2000?

I'm not. I'm just stating facts. Theres a limit to NA cars and we all know that. Unless you'rea saying a 2L (or any small capacity) NA car can do a 12s quarter mile.

I like the S2000 but seriously, the mod limit for turbocharged/supercharged is limitless (it only depends on how deep your pocket is). They're probably 1 of the few cars I see on the road that can actually keep up with me until 3rd gear.

So common to see people lup super big exhaust pipes on their rides - so big you can slot in a cucumber inside without problem. :D

Whether these are approved by LTA or not is another matter.

I feel funny and think that these people are wasting their $$$ on this. These cars just make lotsa lotsa of growling sound and they are having difficulties moving off swiftly off the traffic lights. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] And we have plenty of traffic lights in Singapore and chances of having stuck in one is 50/50. So, how these people can tahan is a mystery to me.

May I know what car you driving?

Like to know the brenchmark :P

R33 GTR V-Spec N1. Have a look on my topic if you're interested in the built.

I can tell you how does MPS match up (unless you're driving a 6). Dragged 2 MPS3 before and both cant keep up at 1st and by 2nd, they're way behind liao. One was a girl that keep trying to have a go at me and decided to show her a bit of a lesson (straight at lights). Another was an Asian guy turning left at the lights where I was behind his car and overtook straight after turning (he was definately trying because he's going at around 100 on a 60 road...). Having said that, never got a chance with the 6 maybe because they're more family orientation guys.

Actually so far on my hooning on road, I only lost once to my friend's 350Z. That beast sound and look stock but under the bonnet is a turbocharger and making 295rwkw. The Vee engine does pulls well.

Edited by Strudel-

So common to see people lup super big exhaust pipes on their rides - so big you can slot in a cucumber inside without problem. :D

Whether these are approved by LTA or not is another matter.

I feel funny and think that these people are wasting their $$$ on this. These cars just make lotsa lotsa of growling sound and they are having difficulties moving off swiftly off the traffic lights. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] And we have plenty of traffic lights in Singapore and chances of having stuck in one is 50/50. So, how these people can tahan is a mystery to me.

Erm... a cucumber isnt exactly big. Stock Evos and STi all came with big catback.

Anyway, that aside, the noise probably wouldnt be a problem if you DO get stuck in traffic because nothing a bit of trance music cant fix. Its the hard clutch that will kill ya. Exercising while driving. Not a bad idea [laugh]

Edited by Strudel-

Ogura SS (ring ring ring) + 5zigen/Spoon N1 exhaust + Trance/Hip-Hop/Gangster Rap/Black Metal + Wind down windows + 1200000000000000K HID LIGHTS + FULL BUCKETS + No power steering

The Power of Dreams.

Haha!

But if you really want to liberate a turbo engine's power, need to decat. If a GTR runs on an aggressive ECU map, extremely lean, push 800HP, will have to decat. Otherwise, the back-pressure will kill the engine if driven on frequent hard revs.

I thought SG is strict for everything mah. Anyway decat is a VERY serious defect here (I would imagine SG too). The reason is not noise but pollution (due to EPA regulation). The fine here in Aus are like $5,000 or $10,000 I heard. Which why BOVs cannot be vented to atmosphere (most BOVs that makes a loud psssst sound are atmo).

NA? Whats the legal dB level in Singapore anyway? Its 90dB in Australia and I easily fail that limit... Hahaha. I think I'll blew 93dB or 94dB.

Mine is 96db in sing and its approved. That is just the muffler alone. :D

But if exterior look stay stock, then not nice leh.

Best is legals mods + do up exterior. Kena stop also won't sweat one bit.

Legal mods have restriction.. [bigcry]

95 DB is SG's limit. I guess u failed slightly and they gave u a marginal pass :P

Mine is 96db in sing and its approved. That is just the muffler alone. :D

huh in aust the fine for decat is sooo high???

Yea thats what I heard but never read it officially anywhere. I'll post something up in another forum and see if anyone knows the detail.