Big jump in number of illegally modified cars

Ithunk

I'm not. I'm just stating facts. Theres a limit to NA cars and we all know that. Unless you'rea saying a 2L (or any small capacity) NA car can do a 12s quarter mile.

I like the S2000 but seriously, the mod limit for turbocharged/supercharged is limitless (it only depends on how deep your pocket is). They're probably 1 of the few cars I see on the road that can actually keep up with me until 3rd gear.

talking about 1/4mile,i would say forced induction car usually peforms better as it is a short run and straight road.

but bring it down the track for endurance race,forced induction car may not be able to withstand the test against NA car.

↡ Advertisement

I thought SG is strict for everything mah. Anyway decat is a VERY serious defect here (I would imagine SG too). The reason is not noise but pollution (due to EPA regulation). The fine here in Aus are like $5,000 or $10,000 I heard. Which why BOVs cannot be vented to atmosphere (most BOVs that makes a loud psssst sound are atmo).

That's because we got lots of cats in the Singapore so decatting is acceptable bwahahaha.... OK bad joke... I do have a pet cat by the way...

Actually the authorities should just commoditize this and charge a recurring fee for mods. Just scrap the LTA biker concept. They'll probably earn more, cos all fines will be factored intrinscially into the mods.

talking about 1/4mile,i would say forced induction car usually peforms better as it is a short run and straight road.

but bring it down the track for endurance race,forced induction car may not be able to withstand the test against NA car.

Its a fair enough comment but I doubt a proper built forced induction car will have an inferior performance comparing to NA.

Do you know why the R32 GTR was so highly regarded in Australia and they were banned from races in 1992? Read this, and this was the GTR technology almost 20years ago (if you're too lazy to read the whole thing, maybe just read 1991). [;)]

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=291699

Was it the Bruce who drove a red Euro R with plate number 5000??

Bruce is a high flyer no doubt... U are also right on sunny to euro r to 5 series... But his sunny barely had 150bhp la... Anyway he's a great driver... Very gd natural instinct.

Was it the Bruce who drove a red Euro R with plate number 5000??

You're right.... :)

Are u the same gary who drove a nissan back then? Think it was a erm....forgot the name....the mini cefiro back then.....

R33 GTR V-Spec N1. Have a look on my topic if you're interested in the built.

I can tell you how does MPS match up (unless you're driving a 6). Dragged 2 MPS3 before and both cant keep up at 1st and by 2nd, they're way behind liao. One was a girl that keep trying to have a go at me and decided to show her a bit of a lesson (straight at lights). Another was an Asian guy turning left at the lights where I was behind his car and overtook straight after turning (he was definately trying because he's going at around 100 on a 60 road...). Having said that, never got a chance with the 6 maybe because they're more family orientation guys.

Actually so far on my hooning on road, I only lost once to my friend's 350Z. That beast sound and look stock but under the bonnet is a turbocharger and making 295rwkw. The Vee engine does pulls well.

Honestly, there is no way MPS 6 can match R33.

Anyway, you have a nice ride [rolleyes] which I am really envy of it.

Neutral Newbie

It's really funny to see youngsters shake and shake the steering wheel when playing Wagan Midnight. 300+kmh. lols...The fastest i hit in SGP highway is 120. Cuz steering starts to vibrate. Youngster should know their driving skill and car's limits. I ever seen few youngsters on P-plate driving their parents Camry, Cefiro and Getz racing with each other.. I laugh until ... [smash]

haha...it's damn funny...

bo pian...the youngsters trying to imitate driving @ 300km/h ma... :D

Neutral Newbie

Negligent driving causes death of 5-year-old girl: State Coroner

By Ng Jing Yng | Posted: 17 August 2010 2144 hrs

SINGAPORE : The State Coroner has ruled that it was negligent driving which caused the death of a 5-year-old girl, along Punggol Way last December.

The accident happened when Zhao Linqian was on her way to piano lessons at Punggol Plaza at about 8.20pm with her grandfather. They were about to cross a two-lane road when Zhao let go of her grandfather's hand. She was hit by a speeding car driven by salesman Tijan Syafiq Selamat. The 27-year-old driver was travelling between 71 and 85 kilometres per hour on a road with a speed limit of just 50 kilometres per hour. Zhao was flung 43 metres across the road. She suffered serious head injuries and died minutes later.

State Coroner Kessler Soh said Tijan was negligent to travel at such a high speed along a road near a bus stop, which also served many residents. He noted the car had no mechanical defects although it had been illegally modified. He added that the visibility level was good and Zhao was wearing brightly-coloured clothes which the driver would have noticed if he had kept a close lookout for her and her grandfather. The victim's father was in tears after the hearing and told reporters he would consult the investigating officer on what to do next. The engineer, who came from Fujian in 1999, has another three-year-old son and said that he would usually fetch Zhao to classes but could not make it that night. - CNA /ls

________________________________________________________________________________

A young, bright innocent life taken away by a senseless, idiotic driver [thumbsdown] Hope that this case would serve as a lesson for all who modify their cars and drive them recklessly on the roads. Do not for one minute that they would forget that their loved ones would fall victim to their own kind! May the correct amount of justice be served to the guilty as an example for all his knd not to do the same. [whip] And my the soul of Zhao Linqian rest in peace in the arms of God. I am sure that she's now a little angel [angel] ...as for the guilty, we all know where he's going next... [rifle]

No need. just need to be less haolian..

Cars can be modded for power but look stock on the outside. Don't do stupid things like LED, very dark or reflective tints, illegal HID. all these don't do squat on the track.

even for exhaust, modded for power won't be super loud, just sound different and somewhat louder only. probably kena if LTA stop the car, but the key is not to be stopped in the first place. drive sensibly..

is that so hard to do? [rolleyes]

The LTA doesn't just stop reckless drivers or cars with loud exhausts. Those days are gone. Now, they'll profile particular makes of cars (WRXs and Evos, in particular - even stock-looking and -sounding ones) and stop them in the hopes of getting lucky with illegal mods. Even if they're driving guai guai.

Edited by Turboflat4

Want to mod and race. please get a race car or proper high power car and race at purpose built race circuit.

No need. just need to be less haolian..

Cars can be modded for power but look stock on the outside. Don't do stupid things like LED, very dark or reflective tints, illegal HID. all these don't do squat on the track.

even for exhaust, modded for power won't be super loud, just sound different and somewhat louder only. probably kena if LTA stop the car, but the key is not to be stopped in the first place. drive sensibly..

is that so hard to do? [rolleyes]

That's true only to a certain extent. Once you push for higher powered mods for say an Evo, like large turbo, blow-off valve, decat exos, advanced engine/fuel management the car becomes so noisy that at idle the noise level is 2x higher already and really very hard to miss. The racing suction and blow-off valve cannot miss also.

A 800HP GTR on decat is so loud that during a dyno in enclosed space, everybody has to wear ear plugs or cover their ears because it's actually painful on the ears and by estimates around 140dB. That type of car, purely based on the extreme noise, hard to evade attention.

Want to mod and race. please get a race car or proper high power car and race at purpose built race circuit.

Hopefully Changi can be up soon, then all can go there and race.

I thought SG is strict for everything mah. Anyway decat is a VERY serious defect here (I would imagine SG too). The reason is not noise but pollution (due to EPA regulation). The fine here in Aus are like $5,000 or $10,000 I heard. Which why BOVs cannot be vented to atmosphere (most BOVs that makes a loud psssst sound are atmo).

Got got some reliable source told me its $2,000. Stupid rumours.

not only TP, carpark wardens should be involved n responsibe for alerting police once they spot vehicles which they suspect are illegally mod

this way we will have extensive round the clock surveilliance and hopefully more can get caught

To those illegally mod speedsters, our roads are not for you to find thrill

The other world is for you

Neutral Newbie

wa liao like that all modster take bus liao!!!

Yup, and hopefully the bus to Changi (Prison) if they kill or injure someone on our roads!

↡ Advertisement