How to kill cockroach, lizard n rats

SimonTan

Turbocharged

cos the cats will get seasick when we are out at sea.

Those were the days where sailors wana bring the cute mini chick and puppies back from overseas trip. But these animals cannot take the rocking of the ship and became sick and die.

OIC. Nowadays, the cat also weaker than its ancestors. Like us. [laugh]

Anyway, that's how the domestic cats spread from Africa to Europe then to America and Oceania in the old old days. They are now found in all continents except for the North and South poles.

↡ Advertisement

Bro, cats can tahen leh, I ever bring mine out to sea before, can balance on the beam like gymnast like that,

get off also no problem. Their sense of balance damn good one.

cos the cats will get seasick when we are out at sea.

Those were the days where sailors wana bring the cute mini chick and puppies back from overseas trip. But these animals cannot take the rocking of the ship and became sick and die.

That time I was "onboard" coxswain said only hang starboard. Port sway.

But then again, who were we to question, routine training, not out perm posting to vessel.

When we were on teh side, going down, looking at the rat also feel damn chek ark for him.

Like we kana like that.....he body orh orh, our suit also orh orh....eyes big big, our "eyes" also big big...*gulp*

The ship I was on, no preference of port or starboard side. Any side will do as long as not the rear where the props are. [laugh] Dont want the line and rat get into the props.

Neutral Newbie

What i usually do.

Cockroach : get pail with large & flat base. roughly aim and smash down. Do not release the pail yet. Press the pail fully down and turn the pail in a circular motion until the biscuit crunching sound come to an end. When you do not hear the sound anymore, it is 99% that the roaches are in a pool of saturated juice.

Lizard : Need strong insecticide to kill them. And usually not instantaneous, so they will escape most of the time. Simple solution is to use a post card size 3M industrial weather proof tape. roughly aim again and lightly flap it on the lizard. This is to ensure you do not scared the lizard and can catch him unaware; and also not to kill it instantly. lighly pat on the tape to ensure the lizard is securely trapped on the tape. Feel for the head, this time, place your thumb on the head and press it down really hard. If you secure it really well, you will only feel the tail struggling, not the entire body. If the lizard(s) are of relatively small sizes, you may want to use common tools like a frying pan or the heel of your shoe to complete the last part of the job.

Mouse : This is an interesting one but i had found the best effective way. First you need to invest in two big size 3 tip fork (those you use to poke chicken wings during BBQ) and some biscuit flakes.

Use the biscuit flakes to lure the mouse out. This require a bit of patience sometimes. If you successfully lure it out and it is eating the biscuit, it is time for actions. As you are using those BBQ fork, the length is good enough. Sneak behind the mouse and use one fork to stab at the mouse. Aim the middle of the mouse body as it have more surface are to attack.

Lasly when you manage to fork the mouse, take out the other fork and stab the mouse at the neck area. Pull and tear. While the first folk is pulling down ensure that the 2nd folk is in a pulling up motion. this opposing force motion enable you to rip off the mouse head easily.

SOLID LA !! another great idea! can trust MCFers for this kind of advice [thumbsup]

use a $29.90 vacuum cleaner and suck it up. it's effective even against flying insects.

for rats: as long as you get to them, it doesn't matter if it can't enter the hose. it will be stuck there as long as you leave the motor on. then you can choose whatever way you would like to dispose of.

[idea] actually i thought of getting those vacuum cleaner with water as a filter so that i can use it to vacuum insects into the water and let my sons see the insects inside the water [idea]

but each one is like $800 :wacko::blink:[dizzy][sweatdrop]

For lizard, I will use hot water or paper bullet, one shot one kill. (I wish). Most effective way is use hot water, nowhere they can hide and run.

How you guys get rid of houseflies (light grey in colour) and fruit flies and flies (brown in colour)? Cleared and cleaned the areas, but they seem to be coming back. Looks like they are reproducing very fast.

Edited by Kangadrool

Turbocharged

Put away the food into the fridge. They love to buzz around fruits, esp bananas as well. Clean the area around your rubbish chute with disinfectant.

No food, no rubbish, they will not be attracted.

What i usually do.

Cockroach : get pail with large & flat base. roughly aim and smash down. Do not release the pail yet. Press the pail fully down and turn the pail in a circular motion until the biscuit crunching sound come to an end. When you do not hear the sound anymore, it is 99% that the roaches are in a pool of saturated juice.

Lizard : Need strong insecticide to kill them. And usually not instantaneous, so they will escape most of the time. Simple solution is to use a post card size 3M industrial weather proof tape. roughly aim again and lightly flap it on the lizard. This is to ensure you do not scared the lizard and can catch him unaware; and also not to kill it instantly. lighly pat on the tape to ensure the lizard is securely trapped on the tape. Feel for the head, this time, place your thumb on the head and press it down really hard. If you secure it really well, you will only feel the tail struggling, not the entire body. If the lizard(s) are of relatively small sizes, you may want to use common tools like a frying pan or the heel of your shoe to complete the last part of the job.

Mouse : This is an interesting one but i had found the best effective way. First you need to invest in two big size 3 tip fork (those you use to poke chicken wings during BBQ) and some biscuit flakes.

Use the biscuit flakes to lure the mouse out. This require a bit of patience sometimes. If you successfully lure it out and it is eating the biscuit, it is time for actions. As you are using those BBQ fork, the length is good enough. Sneak behind the mouse and use one fork to stab at the mouse. Aim the middle of the mouse body as it have more surface are to attack.

Lasly when you manage to fork the mouse, take out the other fork and stab the mouse at the neck area. Pull and tear. While the first folk is pulling down ensure that the 2nd folk is in a pulling up motion. this opposing force motion enable you to rip off the mouse head easily.

This is BS. Whoever use this kinda method will have a heck of a mess to clean up.

Put away the food into the fridge. They love to buzz around fruits, esp bananas as well. Clean the area around your rubbish chute with disinfectant.

No food, no rubbish, they will not be attracted.

Thanks. But, the brown coloured type flies seem to be invading my study room - no food, drinks around. They are sticking themselves to the curtains, walls and can see some of their babies crawling around too. Now vacumn floor and walls everyday and they are still back. Can't find their "nest" either.

Turbocharged

Thanks. But, the brown coloured type flies seem to be invading my study room - no food, drinks around. They are sticking themselves to the curtains, walls and can see some of their babies crawling around too. Now vacumn floor and walls everyday and they are still back. Can't find their "nest" either.

Damn gross leh.

Is there a dead lizard, kar zua somewhere in your room you are not aware of?

I think you should wash your curtains with hot water and some bleach. Wipe your walls with a diluted bleach solution should help, maybe.

Bro, you kill cockroach kind of messy leh. I'll slip on plastic bag around my hand, grab them quickly and squeeze hard. [dead]

Good idea you have for lizards [thumbsup]

Never encountered rats before [sweatdrop]

Damn gross leh.

Is there a dead lizard, kar zua somewhere in your room you are not aware of?

I think you should wash your curtains with hot water and some bleach. Wipe your walls with a diluted bleach solution should help, maybe.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] Seen lizard shits only.

[idea] vacuum cleaner [idea]

ok seriously no joke.......when to catch flies when fly so damm fast [crazy] .....only way is to do an elericity induced black hole - the vacuum cleaner

if you buy a water type one like osim, you can go around showing your friends your catch too! [grin]

↡ Advertisement