Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
210 replies to this topic | 160 praises

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

Dogbert1973
  • Dogbert1973
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Recently have been encountering more incidents where pedestrians crossing the roads at NON designated crossings, walk across the road without looking for oncoming traffic.

In addition, they will walk slowly. And i noticed, the more people watching them, the SLOWER they walk, sort of to show everyone, hey I don't give a F***, I'm so cool

(and they do this at traffic light crossings too, after pedestrain crossing lights turn red, they continue to walk like a scene in the Matrix in slow motion...)

I have sounded the horn at 2 young girls (20+) before because they just stepped onto the road suddenly without looking and I had to emergency brake. And both of them showed me the finger after I horn them. Young SG girls really jia lat

you can see lots of this incidents at the small roads joining Orchard Road.

What happened to pedestrians looking both ways for cars before crossing the road?

I find that if they stop at the side when they see my car, I would naturally slow down and wave them to cross first - it is courtesy on both sides

but I get very angry when they just step onto the road and walk like they own it

and if you hit them you are the one that gets all the trouble.

Once I was very dulan and I wound down my window, and shouted at one pedestrain to look before crossing, she shouted back saying "Bang me and go jail la"

mellow.gif

Edited by Dogbert1973, 17 August 2010 - 11:42 AM.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Recently have been encountering more incidents where pedestrians crossing the roads at NON designated crossings, walk across the road without looking for oncoming traffic.

In addition, they will walk slowly. And i noticed, the more people watching them, the SLOWER they walk, sort of to show everyone, hey I don't give a F***, I'm so cool

(and they do this at traffic light crossings too, after pedestrain crossing lights turn red, they continue to walk like a scene in the Matrix in slow motion...)

I have sounded the horn at 2 young girls (20+) before because they just stepped onto the road suddenly without looking and I had to emergency brake. And both of them showed me the finger after I horn them. Young SG girls really jia lat

What happened to pedestrians looking both ways for cars before crossing the road?

I find that if they stop at the side when they see my car, I would naturally slow down and wave them to cross first - it is courtesy on both sides

but I get very angry when they just step onto the road and walk like they own it

Once I was very dulan and I wound down my window, and shouted at one pedestrain to look before crossing, she shouted back saying "Bang me and go jail la"

mellow.gif

i don't waste time winding down my window.. they take their own sweet time, then i'll just inch nearer and nearer to them.. see who gets out of the way first.
Cheers
Ben

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

Leok777
  • Leok777
    4th Gear
    Author Image

u should try driving near lowland rd behind kovan. every morning whole bunch of china FT cross road like they pay road tax. u horn they stare.

Edited by Leok777, 17 August 2010 - 11:45 AM.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

u should try driving near lowland rd behind kovan. every morning whole bunch of china FT cross road like they pay road tax. u horn they stare.

In China, very different, cars don't even give way to pedestrians at zebra crossings unsure.gif .

So they learned the trick here that a Pedestrian is "bigger" than a car laugh.gif .

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

N3ver
  • N3ver
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

don't say ppl cross on non-designated roads...even if the light is green on our side and it's a red man on the traffic light...some will still cross
encountered someone like this be4...I gave him the jiao look before driving off....
Enjoying the Spirit of Spirited Driving...

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

Baphomet
  • Premium member
    Baphomet
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if you guys notice the road in front of bugis junction is famous for this..the horde will just continue crossing regardless of what the traffic light shows.

got damn pissed...jus rev and speed up. you can see them run for their lifes. did this twice.. once on my bike and once on my car.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Last weekend I encountered a freaking idiot. I was driving towards the carpark exit and this 20+ young guy was on the walkway. He saw my car approaching and he purposely walk faster so that he can get to the driveway to walk across it before my car got there.

But once he was stepped onto the driveway, he purposely slowed down and sauntered across very slowly, after having hurried up to get there first before my car.

Nvr mind, I waited until he went past, drove slowly behind him, and blasted my horn. I was very happy to see him jump up in shock. I then laughed and drove off while watching him gesticulating behind me in the rear view mirror.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

Frenzzsg
  • Premium member
    Frenzzsg
    5th Gear
    Author Image

u should wait for them to walk past u, then press a loud horn again!! dry.gif
my fren told me b4 that actually our car horn can be really loud at times if u hear it while walking, inside the car still sound ok. tongue.gif

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

aiyah....

you all are kuku....

brainwashed by the traffic lights already....

and since young,

thought to give way to pedestrians....

please lah....

wake up....

you're driving a car....

pedestrians should be scared of you and not the other way round....

same thing for bicycles on pedestrian paths....

we pedestrians are usually the ones giving way to the bicycles and not the other way round....

continue to be kuku and brainwashed then....

good luck....
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Heartbreakkidz
  • Premium member
    Heartbreakkidz
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

if you guys notice the road in front of bugis junction is famous for this..the horde will just continue crossing regardless of what the traffic light shows.

got damn pissed...jus rev and speed up. you can see them run for their lifes. did this twice.. once on my bike and once on my car.

Becareful of this move,maybe the 3rd time u wont be so lucky as someone maybe hearing the headfone while crossing the road or even toking on hp,u may wanna spend more time there than the usual 1min the most :)

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear
    Author Image

a Malaysia customer fixed a audio horn. can choose from 20 something different effects.

his effects always fix on the wheel screech and langa sound. he say he will activate it whenever he meet this type of pedestrian in singapore.

never fails, most face turns green and some even ran...

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

buy those ship toggles....

TOOAH TOOAH.....

or buy those that emit radiating soundwaves....

makes all of them fly to the side of the road....
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Desmondtwb
  • Desmondtwb
    Banned

Some people are just oblivious to their surrounding.
Once this lady was walking right in the middle of the road, I followed behind (in my car) for some time before sounding my horn.
She got a shock of her life! Guess she dont know I was behind her all along.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:41 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

go ahead and cause fear in the reckless pedestrians lah....

scared of them for what???
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

Robo
  • Premium member
    Robo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

mellow.gif

once i spun my rear wheels and scared the s--t outta the gers when they stroll thru the pedastrain crossing as thou they are at east coast..

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Albert Schweitzer

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

Frenzzsg
  • Premium member
    Frenzzsg
    5th Gear
    Author Image

aiyah....

you all are kuku....

brainwashed by the traffic lights already....

and since young,

thought to give way to pedestrians....

please lah....

wake up....

you're driving a car....

pedestrians should be scared of you and not the other way round....

same thing for bicycles on pedestrian paths....

we pedestrians are usually the ones giving way to the bicycles and not the other way round....

continue to be kuku and brainwashed then....

good luck....

not true leh..
i mean i'm perfectly fine to give way to pedestrians.
but really hope they can be more careful AND mindful when they cross the road.
Becuz TS is right, not matter how wrong they are, if kena, fingers will all point to the drivers first.
and in fact, if really there's any fatality, even if it's 100% their fault, i think i'll never sleep in peace again...unsure.gif
that's why i try not to use horn on pedestrians/cyclist/motorcyclist espcially if they're the elders as much as i can becuz u can really scare the sh1t out of them and may cause them to fall and injure, although sometimes they really take the road like theirs... shakehead.gif hur.gif

i only use it on those KL ones. sly.gif sly.gif

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:49 PM

Leok777
  • Leok777
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I think i wanna get the one with the

oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah sound effects.

not only pedestrians scared. Maybe can also drive in the special lane.

Edited by Leok777, 17 August 2010 - 12:49 PM.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

Civic93porsche911
  • Civic93porsche911
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Any idea where he got it from? and if its legal?

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

Latka
  • Latka
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Encountered dis type of pedestrians b4. Once at Potong Pasir, one group just cross even dey know can't make it and take their own sweet time. As dey were reaching centre divider, I pressed horn for prolong period and dey started to scamper. Shiok lah to see dem get shocked. tongue.gif
Whatever Does Not Destroy Me, Strengthens Me.

Give Up On Life But Never Give Up On Yourself

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

go ahead and cause fear in the reckless pedestrians lah....

scared of them for what???

I LIKE your style brudder! thumbsup.gif

That's the way ah ha ah ha I like it ah ha ah ha . . . laugh.gif

I HOOT and they JUMP laugh.gif laugh.gif

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Arrogant, Pedestrians, crossing and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users