Your C200 (W204) Fuel Consumption???

Billcoke

What is your average fuel consumption of your C200 W204 (Kompressor)??

Mine is 10.1-10.5L/100km, but can achieve 7.8L/100km on a highway. Is 10.5L/100km consider high??

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I wonder how many people actually do proper fuel consumption testing... I see a lot of unrealistic subjective results, such as those on the V-power thread where a switch to V-power increases consumption by 50%...

If this were actually true, the marketing gurus would have leaped on it like vultures onto a dying supermodel (not alot to go around)

I feel a good gauge of fuel consumption would be to fill at empty, take odometer, refill again, check odometer, repeat 10 times, take average... =/ so troublesome.

I think even if fill up before empty, i.e when half or quarter tank until full, and record the mileage, and repeat 10x, you still will get a good gauge of the fuel comsumption.

I wonder how many people actually do proper fuel consumption testing... I see a lot of unrealistic subjective results, such as those on the V-power thread where a switch to V-power increases consumption by 50%...

If this were actually true, the marketing gurus would have leaped on it like vultures onto a dying supermodel (not alot to go around)

I feel a good gauge of fuel consumption would be to fill at empty, take odometer, refill again, check odometer, repeat 10 times, take average... =/ so troublesome.

Thats bcos u use the odo

Try using trip meter and set to 0.

Then refill when u hit 100 or 200 or 500.

Calculation then becomes very easy. :D

Thats bcos u use the odo

Try using trip meter and set to 0.

Then refill when u hit 100 or 200 or 500.

Calculation then becomes very easy. :D

I compare the Odo against the trip meter, they yield the same result.

I don't drive a Merc. But what i do is, i reset the trip for every refill.(Troublesome as it may seem). Have been doing it since i bought my car one year ago.

This will definitely give you a pretty accurate FC reading of your car.

2000 cc cars can give a very good FC result on singapore roads. An australian couple(PR in Sg) have proven that a Toyota Camry can give about 5 to 6 litres/100 km (following all conservertive methods of driving).

A car with good power to weight ratio can achieve that easily.

Mine only 45 liters for 320 km...how ?

German engineers are one of the best in the world when it comes to cars. So much have been invested into R&D to give you the best money can buy. So much advanced technology poured into the vehicle. Nothing is overlooked for your satisfaction. You should and it's your right to expect nothing but the best results from your Merc.

But..but.. it also depends very much on how the product is being used by the owner.

Your FC is pretty much on the average. There is room for improvement.

The trip computer shows my average since I gotten my car last year was 11.5L/KM

Average consumption based on my manual recordings (distance travelled over petrol pumped) is also about there...

In KM/L terms, it's around 8.3-8.5km niah [:(]

Neutral Newbie

Theres a function which states the car using how many liters of petrol per 100 km

and this number changes according when u are driving,

I discover it to be totally inaccurate cos everytime I drive on Highway at a constant speed of 85-90 km for 20km (bishan to changi)

the meter will read 6.5L/100km

but everytime I refuel my tanks, and I calculated how many kms I travel and how many liters I top up,

my car can never achieve this kind of performances of 6-7L per 100km

dont understand why

Theres a function which states the car using how many liters of petrol per 100 km

and this number changes according when u are driving,

I discover it to be totally inaccurate cos everytime I drive on Highway at a constant speed of 85-90 km for 20km (bishan to changi)

the meter will read 6.5L/100km

but everytime I refuel my tanks, and I calculated how many kms I travel and how many liters I top up,

my car can never achieve this kind of performances of 6-7L per 100km

dont understand why

There are 2 trip computer in there.... one will not reset until you initiate it (Shown on the dash as SINCE RESET). The other resets itself after your car's engine is off for more than 4 hours (Shown on the dash as THIS TRIP).

The average consumption reading adjusted itself as you clock more mileage and/or the engine is switched on for longer period of time.

Both reading are the same if you reset both at the same time.

By default, the consumption (after reset) is 7.7L/100km. .... then it will change as the clock starts ticking and the mileage starts to run.

The above setting for trip computer are consistent on all German cars .... Merc, Bimmer, Audi, VW, Opel and Porsche... only default consumption after reset varies from different engine types.