Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

What is your average fuel consumption of your C200 W204 (Kompressor)??

Mine is 10.1-10.5L/100km, but can achieve 7.8L/100km on a highway. Is 10.5L/100km consider high??

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

10.5L

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:05 PM

TristanC
  • TristanC
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I wonder how many people actually do proper fuel consumption testing... I see a lot of unrealistic subjective results, such as those on the V-power thread where a switch to V-power increases consumption by 50%...

If this were actually true, the marketing gurus would have leaped on it like vultures onto a dying supermodel (not alot to go around)

I feel a good gauge of fuel consumption would be to fill at empty, take odometer, refill again, check odometer, repeat 10 times, take average... =/ so troublesome.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

Mooose
  • Mooose
    Clutched
    Author Image

I think even if fill up before empty, i.e when half or quarter tank until full, and record the mileage, and repeat 10x, you still will get a good gauge of the fuel comsumption.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I wonder how many people actually do proper fuel consumption testing... I see a lot of unrealistic subjective results, such as those on the V-power thread where a switch to V-power increases consumption by 50%...

If this were actually true, the marketing gurus would have leaped on it like vultures onto a dying supermodel (not alot to go around)

I feel a good gauge of fuel consumption would be to fill at empty, take odometer, refill again, check odometer, repeat 10 times, take average... =/ so troublesome.

Thats bcos u use the odo

Try using trip meter and set to 0.

Then refill when u hit 100 or 200 or 500.

Calculation then becomes very easy. biggrin.gif
The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thats bcos u use the odo

Try using trip meter and set to 0.

Then refill when u hit 100 or 200 or 500.

Calculation then becomes very easy. biggrin.gif

I compare the Odo against the trip meter, they yield the same result.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

Hypermiler
  • Premium member
    Hypermiler
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I don't drive a Merc. But what i do is, i reset the trip for every refill.(Troublesome as it may seem). Have been doing it since i bought my car one year ago.

This will definitely give you a pretty accurate FC reading of your car.

2000 cc cars can give a very good FC result on singapore roads. An australian couple(PR in Sg) have proven that a Toyota Camry can give about 5 to 6 litres/100 km (following all conservertive methods of driving).

A car with good power to weight ratio can achieve that easily.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Mine only 45 liters for 320 km...how ?
==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

==================================================

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

Hypermiler
  • Premium member
    Hypermiler
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Mine only 45 liters for 320 km...how ?

German engineers are one of the best in the world when it comes to cars. So much have been invested into R&D to give you the best money can buy. So much advanced technology poured into the vehicle. Nothing is overlooked for your satisfaction. You should and it's your right to expect nothing but the best results from your Merc.

But..but.. it also depends very much on how the product is being used by the owner.

Your FC is pretty much on the average. There is room for improvement.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

Morganoh
  • Morganoh
    1st Gear
    Author Image

my C200 186BPS after installing the Kleeman is currently 220 BPS

is getting around 9-9.5 km per liter

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

mine also 9+ after tune

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

2bfree
  • 2bfree
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Mine is 10.8 on good days & 12plus on lagi better days......

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Xtrocious
  • Premium member
    Xtrocious
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The trip computer shows my average since I gotten my car last year was 11.5L/KM

Average consumption based on my manual recordings (distance travelled over petrol pumped) is also about there...

In KM/L terms, it's around 8.3-8.5km niah sad.gif

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

Morganoh
  • Morganoh
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Theres a function which states the car using how many liters of petrol per 100 km
and this number changes according when u are driving,

I discover it to be totally inaccurate cos everytime I drive on Highway at a constant speed of 85-90 km for 20km (bishan to changi)
the meter will read 6.5L/100km

but everytime I refuel my tanks, and I calculated how many kms I travel and how many liters I top up,
my car can never achieve this kind of performances of 6-7L per 100km

dont understand why

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

Echodeltax
  • Echodeltax
    Clutched
    Author Image

12-13 l/km

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:43 PM

Echodeltax
  • Echodeltax
    Clutched
    Author Image

12-13 l/km

90% city driving.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

Miles
  • Miles
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Theres a function which states the car using how many liters of petrol per 100 km

I discover it to be totally inaccurate cos everytime I drive on Highway at a constant speed of 85-90 km for 20km (bishan to changi)

but everytime I refuel my tanks, and I calculated how many kms I travel and how many liters I top up,

dont understand why

There are 2 trip computer in there.... one will not reset until you initiate it (Shown on the dash as SINCE RESET). The other resets itself after your car's engine is off for more than 4 hours (Shown on the dash as THIS TRIP).
The average consumption reading adjusted itself as you clock more mileage and/or the engine is switched on for longer period of time.

Both reading are the same if you reset both at the same time.
By default, the consumption (after reset) is 7.7L/100km. .... then it will change as the clock starts ticking and the mileage starts to run.

The above setting for trip computer are consistent on all German cars .... Merc, Bimmer, Audi, VW, Opel and Porsche... only default consumption after reset varies from different engine types.

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

Acrophobia
  • Acrophobia
    1st Gear
    Author Image

always have mood swing! quite difficult to calculate actually

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

dont understand why

You forget that there are times when it shows 15-20L/100KM, that is when you are pulling away, on upslopes, idling, etc, etc. and the worst is MSCP.

My Frenchie Av FC meter is damn accurate; it closely matches manual calculation.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I just swapped my W211 E200K to a W204 C180.  Surprising to me, the W204 is consuming more fuel than W211 despite the smaller size and lower weight to power ratio. Like for like city driving, the W211 was able to clock about 10L/100KM but the W204  could only achieve 12L -13L/100KM. I sent it to tuning workshop for a  check but was told nothing wrong with the firing, timing and engine.  I will likely change to W212 in a while as the E class is a lot nicer to drive. But meantime i will make do with W204. 

I am asking not because of consumption but wonder if the engine has any problem.  Any experience owner here could advise?

Thanks.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users