• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Leok777
  • Leok777
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bros out there, Just want to check if anyone knows whether we must display Road Tax Disc.

My fren say now no need cos even when stop by police they never ask why he dont display.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have not been stopped for not displaying my road tax before.. Actually I do have it displayed, but it's facing the inside of my cabin instead of outside, hidden by my tinted sunshade on top of the windscreen. Just make sure road tax disc is in the car at all times for checking.
Cheers
Ben

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi bros out there, Just want to check if anyone knows whether we must display Road Tax Disc.

My fren say now no need cos even when stop by police they never ask why he dont display.

I guess your fren are stopped during road blocks which might be manned by non-TP PO, which normally don't check the road-tax disc and insurance. However, if it's a TP it might be different.

Anyway as quoted by LTA,

http://ask.lta.gov.s...L...&Selected=9

Anyway what's so difficult putting up something that you've paid for? You gained nothing by not displaying but risk losing something if suay.... lipsrsealed.gif laugh.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

PDK
  • PDK
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

LTA regulations indicate that you must display a vaild road tax disc on the top left hand corner of your car's front windescreen at all times. For newly-registered cars which have not been issued valid road tax disc when the owner collects the car, a grace period of fourteen days is given for the car to be driven without displaying the road tax disc. But once the disc is sent by the LTA to the registered owner, then he or she must display the disc according to the regulation stipulated.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ppl more and more "clever". Self declare say no need to display. But KNS still have to pay road tax what. Boh liao.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

even there is road block and u are caught not displaying the road tax, u can always argue that u did not receive the renew road tax from LTA

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

their system should be updated i guess when the TP goes on their routine checks....
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

The rule says must put. If die die want the car to be clean. Then just keep the paper inside glove compartment. Can show when demanded should be ok la.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

Redstorm
  • Premium member
    Redstorm
    4th Gear
    Author Image

even there is road block and u are caught not displaying the road tax, u can always argue that u did not receive the renew road tax from LTA

If your road tax is just new, then you can argue that. What if your road tax is half way into it and dare to bluff your way? If it is a requirement under the law, then just do it, lah. Why would you want to go against the law?

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Locknload
  • Premium member
    Locknload
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If there's something to be gained by NOT displaying the RT disc, I just don't understand the purpose of this question & thread. Unless you don't want people to know how much RT you paid, which is gen knowledge....

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

its still a must

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

Ken1898
  • Premium member
    Ken1898
    4th Gear
    Author Image

My Road Tax and Season Parking Disc all along hidden by my front tinted sunshade.

drivingcar.gif

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

PDK
  • PDK
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

An enforcement officer might say that it was "not visibly displayed" and take you to task. But you are likely to get away with a warning, rather than a traffic summon.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

My Road Tax and Season Parking Disc all along hidden by my front tinted sunshade.

drivingcar.gif

Wardens need not see the Season Parking Disc as it can be read thru RFID..... wink.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

Carnut
  • Carnut
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

It has been asked many times, the offence is for "not displaying". It does not matter that you have renewed but kept it in a drawer, compartment or anywhere else.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

Lamzh87
  • Premium member
    Lamzh87
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i prefer not to pay road tax $ than not to display road tax disc tongue.gif tongue.gif

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

PDK
  • PDK
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i prefer not to pay road tax $ than not to display road tax disc tongue.gif tongue.gif

Bro..I'm with you all the way on this ! I'll display any kind of discs the LTA wants so long as it doesn't cost me a cent! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:17 PM

Limwilliam17
  • Limwilliam17
    Clutched
    Author Image

What so difficult just to display road tax?It's a must to display road tax within 14 days upon recieving.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

Bighappyjer
  • Bighappyjer
    4th Gear
    Author Image

ts driving 1.5 TS but outlook like WRX... so must hide roadtax ma

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

Limwilliam17
  • Limwilliam17
    Clutched
    Author Image

Who bother to check your ride is a TS or WRX?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Must, Display, Road

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users