Must Display Road Tax?

Leok777

Hi bros out there, Just want to check if anyone knows whether we must display Road Tax Disc.

My fren say now no need cos even when stop by police they never ask why he dont display.

↡ Advertisement

I have not been stopped for not displaying my road tax before.. Actually I do have it displayed, but it's facing the inside of my cabin instead of outside, hidden by my tinted sunshade on top of the windscreen. Just make sure road tax disc is in the car at all times for checking.

Hi bros out there, Just want to check if anyone knows whether we must display Road Tax Disc.

My fren say now no need cos even when stop by police they never ask why he dont display.

I guess your fren are stopped during road blocks which might be manned by non-TP PO, which normally don't check the road-tax disc and insurance. However, if it's a TP it might be different.

Anyway as quoted by LTA,

http://ask.lta.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Themes/L...&Selected=9

Anyway what's so difficult putting up something that you've paid for? You gained nothing by not displaying but risk losing something if suay.... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

LTA regulations indicate that you must display a vaild road tax disc on the top left hand corner of your car's front windescreen at all times. For newly-registered cars which have not been issued valid road tax disc when the owner collects the car, a grace period of fourteen days is given for the car to be driven without displaying the road tax disc. But once the disc is sent by the LTA to the registered owner, then he or she must display the disc according to the regulation stipulated.

Turbocharged

even there is road block and u are caught not displaying the road tax, u can always argue that u did not receive the renew road tax from LTA

The rule says must put. If die die want the car to be clean. Then just keep the paper inside glove compartment. Can show when demanded should be ok la.

even there is road block and u are caught not displaying the road tax, u can always argue that u did not receive the renew road tax from LTA

If your road tax is just new, then you can argue that. What if your road tax is half way into it and dare to bluff your way? If it is a requirement under the law, then just do it, lah. Why would you want to go against the law?

If there's something to be gained by NOT displaying the RT disc, I just don't understand the purpose of this question & thread. Unless you don't want people to know how much RT you paid, which is gen knowledge....

Neutral Newbie

An enforcement officer might say that it was "not visibly displayed" and take you to task. But you are likely to get away with a warning, rather than a traffic summon.

My Road Tax and Season Parking Disc all along hidden by my front tinted sunshade.

[drivingcar]

Wardens need not see the Season Parking Disc as it can be read thru RFID..... [;)]

It has been asked many times, the offence is for "not displaying". It does not matter that you have renewed but kept it in a drawer, compartment or anywhere else.

Neutral Newbie

i prefer not to pay road tax $ than not to display road tax disc [:p][:p]

Bro..I'm with you all the way on this ! I'll display any kind of discs the LTA wants so long as it doesn't cost me a cent! [laugh][laugh][laugh]