Is it legal to sell fuel other than petrol kiosk?

Passion

Just wondering is it legal to sell petroleum or diesel along road side other than license petrol kiosk?

I saw a truck,very frequently will stop by Toa Payoh to refuel a china-made bus.It's not the first time,definitely not going to be the last.His operandi modus is:

1)open his covered truck(his truck is those with covered bed)

2)pull out the nozzle,put into the bus behind it

3)close the fuel lid and put back the nozzle

4)go up his truck and collect money from the bus driver.

is there legal issue here?None license truck carrying fuel and sell?

↡ Advertisement

Diesel got low flash point, so is not considered a hazardous trade by SCDF.

It is a simple cash transection along the roadside. If that is illegal, then all those pizza/KFC/Mac delivery also all wrong.

Less then 1000litres, no problems.

More then 1000litres, covered truck should be orange plate as it is handling class cargo.

Such prastice as Oil Majors sell fuel to the distributors.

Distributors re-distribute to small distributers or resell directly.

I believe such diesel is the same as normal diesel you buy from petrol station but without anti-foam chemical and during re-filling, it will foam up, have to waiting to settle down before re-filling again.

Neutral Newbie

Once I followed my bro-in law who is a private bus driver to one of those industrial park to refuel. I guess there's a lot them selling blackmarket fuel in these places. [lipsrsealed]

I believe it's more than 200L as per stated.It's not those 10ft truck but those 14 feet truck.1 small little tank for those cabstar and dyna smelly smelly also got 70L.Those full size tour bus I reckon will at least fill up 200 to 300L?This people is taking law into their own hand.Though it's not easy to ignite,but this vehicle carry fuel should at least put some sticker to identify themselves unless it's illegal.what if accident with this vehicle and oil spill? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Diesel got low flash point, so is not considered a hazardous trade by SCDF.

It is a simple cash transection along the roadside. If that is illegal, then all those pizza/KFC/Mac delivery also all wrong.

Why is pizza and KFC illegal?I talking about legal issue in transporting hazardous product and not those Macdonald which accident wouldn't cause any big issue.

Enforcement not tight enough.

These pple did not subscribe to the rules of the game issued by the authority. They dont care, as long as they can make money.

They don care abt spillage or others.

Seen some of them smoking while driving.

There also others that did a very good job of deceit, by making their lorry look legal, orange plate, proper tank, fire extinguishers, warning signs.

Only missing is the Hazmat permit on their windscreen.

If there are buyers, there will be sellers who are willing to take the risk.

Let me check the regulations again tomorrow, if it says anything on buyer's liability on buying from such sources.

Enforcement not tight enough.

These pple did not subscribe to the rules of the game issued by the authority. They dont care, as long as they can make money.

They don care abt spillage or others.

Seen some of them smoking while driving.

There also others that did a very good job of deceit, by making their lorry look legal, orange plate, proper tank, fire extinguishers, warning signs.

Only missing is the Hazmat permit on their windscreen.

If there are buyers, there will be sellers who are willing to take the risk.

Let me check the regulations again tomorrow, if it says anything on buyer's liability on buying from such sources.

Wow....This is news and eye opener to me.

industrial parks a lot

Bro,industrial park don't say.They are licensed to sell there.Those lorry driving around to sell,I don't think so? [confused]

↡ Advertisement