Ceiling fan

Bluepica

Set aside car talk....

My home ceiling fan dunno what brand... apache...sounds like can fly... LOL... but it's rotating slower and slower... time to change.

Any brand that is windy enough and suitable for low ceiling HDB? My flat ceiling is so low until if u stand and raise ur hand, ur finger sure kena the fan blades.

Am looking at KDK...

↡ Advertisement

Set aside car talk....

My home ceiling fan dunno what brand... apache...sounds like can fly... LOL... but it's rotating slower and slower... time to change.

Any brand that is windy enough and suitable for low ceiling HDB? My flat ceiling is so low until if u stand and raise ur hand, ur finger sure kena the fan blades.

Am looking at KDK...

your ceiling as low as mine...... i know of this shop selling lights and fans in malaysia... near sentosa.... quite cheap.... he mentioned that... for ceiling fan... the important thing is how strong is the motor..... for it to be windy..... hope this helps

Set aside car talk....

Am looking at KDK...

KDK is the only brand I trust...

• Praise 1

No need to change fan, either it's inside the fan motor casing, (ceiling) or in the speed switch,

either place, there is a small black box, it's a speed regulator, that one is damaged. Got o Sim Lim Tower,

basement shops, and ask, one is like no more then $5-10 bucks, turn off all power or have a electrician do it for you,

all will be back to normal. Only that is damaged. I changed mine on my own, fairly simple job.

Set aside car talk....

Am looking at KDK...

No need to change fan, either it's inside the fan motor casing, (ceiling) or in the speed switch,

either place, there is a small black box, it's a speed regulator, that one is damaged. Got o Sim Lim Tower,

basement shops, and ask, one is like no more then $5-10 bucks, turn off all power or have a electrician do it for you,

all will be back to normal. Only that is damaged. I changed mine on my own, fairly simple job.

Yes, mine got a regulator near the switch, turn to max also slow, turn to min lagi worst... the fan itself also got another speed controller, but always set to high...

Remove cover, and you will see the little box inside, some are inbuilt in, best bring the whole thing down to avoid double trips.

they will have spare for you. (shop next to the staircase looking towards the canal.) I bought a few extras, so no need go down when got this problem.

Not very often, but having 5 fans, this one kana, rest just not yet. Forgot, if fan also got speed regulator, could be either or, bring both. Fan one as mentioned, is inside the motor casing, (ceiling) remove cover and you will see the box there. best if you can just do this, Direct contol on fan or box alone, best fan, so if problem, you know which one. My guess is your wall switch worn liow, if you turn on speed via there.

Yes, mine got a regulator near the switch, turn to max also slow, turn to min lagi worst... the fan itself also got another speed controller, but always set to high...

Edited by Mazdaowner

Even if you buy KDK, the same SHEET will happen. There's no running away from the problem.

Aircon no need servicing? Compressor no need fill up with gas? Come on man, if donno, best don't say lah hor.

Kumsia many, many, and please send a bunch of flowers to yourself, from me, have a nice day. :D

aiya... buy KDK la.. or aircon [laugh]

Remove cover, and you will see the little box inside, some are inbuilt in, best bring the whole thing down to avoid double trips.

they will have spare for you. (shop next to the staircase looking towards the canal.) I bought a few extras, so no need go down when got this problem.

Not very often, but having 5 fans, this one kana, rest just not yet. Forgot, if fan also got speed regulator, could be either or, bring both. Fan one as mentioned, is inside the motor casing, (ceiling) remove cover and you will see the box there. best if you can just do this, Direct contol on fan or box alone, best fan, so if problem, you know which one. My guess is your wall switch worn liow, if you turn on speed via there.

Ok I try to by pass the regulator and see how first...

Mine was the exact same problem, removed wall regulator, use fan direct.

No point having two, when one is the main one controlling. (wall)

You have to bypass the whole (wall) unit, direct into a normal power switch.

Then when connected, turn on power switch, and activate fan speed regulator,

some via a pull chain, some remote. If all fine, no need waste money and time.

Ok I try to by pass the regulator and see how first...

Mine was the exact same problem, removed wall regulator, use fan direct.

No point having two, when one is the main one controlling. (wall)

You have to bypass the whole (wall) unit, direct into a normal power switch.

Then when connected, turn on power switch, and activate fan speed regulator,

some via a pull chain, some remote. If all fine, no need waste money and time.

yeah mine is chain.... I saw the fan own regulator yesterday when I open up everything see how to change the whole fan if needed to :D

Hi brudders,

OT a bit, sorry arhh.

Can I do something to the speed control switch of the ceiling fan to slow down the motor?

Normally I will set the speed to 1 and max would be 2 out of 5, can I toggle the controller so that speed 1 is slow down to maybe 30-60 rpm, this would be good for night time use in the bed room.

Can or not? [confused]

Now you just bypass direct to a power switch can liow.Sure the fan one still ok, since never use.

yeah mine is chain.... I saw the fan own regulator yesterday when I open up everything see how to change the whole fan if needed to :D

Time to change a new one. But got people here say KDK hoh leh. [;)]

My table top KDK fan also conked off. Twice liao! The motor refused to turn. What's the problem?

Nothing much you can do, speed regulator is set one for how many RPMs.

Hi brudders,

OT a bit, sorry arhh.

Can I do something to the speed control switch of the ceiling fan to slow down the motor?

Normally I will set the speed to 1 and max would be 2 out of 5, can I toggle the controller so that speed 1 is slow down to maybe 30-60 rpm, this would be good for night time use in the bed room.

Can or not? [confused]

Time to change a new one. But got people here say KDK hoh leh. [;)]

Used to be good loh, as good as Toyota last time. But, now most Jappy goods quite crappy also leh. [laugh]

VCD players dunno changed how many already!

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement