Ceiling fan

Bluepica

What happen? Fan spin light move? What brand are you using?

the bulb kept on blowing after a few month one after another......another brother already explain the reason. So i swore of fans with light liao. Another thing is sometime the fan will be wobble at fast speed and due to the lights being together with the fan there is a slight vibration and the shadow on the ceiling can be very distracting. Frustrated with the lights, i decided to put light holder cornice and put lights into the cornices......16 of them. Now all changed to led lights.

My first set was Elmark (3-5 yrs), 2nd was esmaco (17 yrs) and the current ones are kdk.

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement

this is the part that preventing me from DIY lor

This is what i will do. This is called static balancing.

1. Weigh all the blades.

2. Find the centre of gravity of the heaviest blade. This will be your reference blade for all other blades.

3. Balance the blades on some thick diameter round rod or water bottle till it would sit on the water bottle in horizontal position of the water bottle.

4. Use a coin or lead weight and stick to the same CG point of the heaviest blade.

Done. Static balancing should be enough. I dont know how to do dynamic balancing on the fan blades cos needs the fan blades installed and moving.

Hope this helps.

need some help,

I have a KDK ceiling fan that makes a ruckus when switched on, like wong wong sound, the fan can still turn when switched on.  what is the problem.

I never done it as my fan still working (but I remember) one of my sons room they put a kind of lead shot stuck to a double side tape; How they do it only I guess they know ; and also its got some thing to do with 3 blades vs 4 blades or something like that   

same as car wheel balancing.

need some help,

I have a KDK ceiling fan that makes a ruckus when switched on, like wong wong sound, the fan can still turn when switched on.  what is the problem.

sound only at start up? at all fan speeds?

6 yrs KDK ceiling fan,  fan still spinning....but wong wong sound at all speeds.

seems like the bearing sound

buy new from KDK malaysia. the new DC motor one saves electricity.

agreed. sounds like bearing.

6 yrs KDK ceiling fan, fan still spinning....but wong wong sound at all speeds.

seems like the bearing sound

Wah.....6 yrs nia! Get new kdk from jb......rm 599 for the dc fan. Most prob can use back the fan mount/brackett.

any good shops to recommend

there a few shops near kipmart tampoi.....there is one nearer off tebrau....yes electric but no cc facility. I scouted around....all the same price.

there a few shops near kipmart tampoi.....there is one nearer off tebrau....yes electric but no cc facility. I scouted around....all the same price.

okay,

will head there to scout

thanks

Hi all bro,

I look at the ceiling fan from JB looks like all their hanging rod is quite long I have a feeling its too long for our HDB flat ceiling.

Any bro got any encounter or experience to share on this?

:mellow:

okay,

will head there to scout

thanks

no problem. I also bought nesux 12 watt 6" led lights for my cornice......rm 18/pc. There are a a few shops beside tampoi lighting and another behind that row of shops all selling about the same price. Tampoi got more choice but more customers and most are SG lang.

Hi all bro,

I look at the ceiling fan from JB looks like all their hanging rod is quite long I have a feeling its too long for our HDB flat ceiling.

Any bro got any encounter or experience to share on this?

:mellow:

tell them its for hdb flat......there are usually 2 series for each type of the same model. The shorter ones are for usually for apartment unit while the longer ones are for landed houses.
  • Praise 1

Wah.....last december changed 16 cfl lights to led and to 2 kdk fans. Bill dropped to $121 from $200+. Nowadays oni watch tv on weekends but my son will switched on aircon nearly everyday during the evenings. Huat arrrr....

post-60339-0-53240300-1519646897_thumb.jpg

Wah.....last december changed 16 cfl lights to led and to 2 kdk fans. Bill dropped to $121 from $200+. Nowadays oni watch tv on weekends but my son will switched on aircon nearly everyday during the evenings. Huat arrrr....

If TV switched off during weekends, maybe save another $20. [thumbsup]

cannot bro......badminton, motogp and many other sports starting soon! Nowadays i oni watch sports and documentaries.......
↡ Advertisement