Ceiling fan

Bluepica

Neutral Newbie

anybody heard of hunter brand from australia

bought one

after 3 years - fan slowed down

remote control - need to be exocised

↡ Advertisement

Not sure whether still have USHA fans in Singapore, used to have 15 years back. some hardware shops still sell the ceiling hook for that (it needs a different hook than the current one's). Nowadays, fans don't last even for 5 years. You guys won't believe, i have two fans in my house back in India, aged 50 & 33, both are from Crompton Greaves. Until now, only changed the condenser once or twice, never recoiled the fan.

sorry but why is there a condenser in a fan?

Set aside car talk....

My home ceiling fan dunno what brand... apache...sounds like can fly... LOL... but it's rotating slower and slower... time to change.

Any brand that is windy enough and suitable for low ceiling HDB? My flat ceiling is so low until if u stand and raise ur hand, ur finger sure kena the fan blades.

Am looking at KDK...

Ceiling fan can blow to warm the space below it by two degrees Celcius on hot day. Perhaps you may want to cool down with wall fan (comes with safety guard, may be cheaper, too)

And they got students to do spring cleaning.

At the end of the day, most of the fans can really turn like off-balanced apache [:p]:o

Edited by 5936

No need to change fan, either it's inside the fan motor casing, (ceiling) or in the speed switch,

either place, there is a small black box, it's a speed regulator, that one is damaged. Got o Sim Lim Tower,

basement shops, and ask, one is like no more then $5-10 bucks, turn off all power or have a electrician do it for you,

all will be back to normal. Only that is damaged. I changed mine on my own, fairly simple job.

I just tried bypass the wall regulator, the fan speed stays the same. sO I conclude not the wall regulator problem.

I realised, when I changed speed using the fan own regulator, speed 2 is faster than 3 when 1 being the slowest!

I open up the bottom of the fan and saw 2 black box with 3 wires attached to the speed regulator.... the box got wording like 500V 22uF... is this the "box" that u refered to, once change and it's ok?

That should be the ones.

I just tried bypass the wall regulator, the fan speed stays the same. sO I conclude not the wall regulator problem.

I realised, when I changed speed using the fan own regulator, speed 2 is faster than 3 when 1 being the slowest!

I open up the bottom of the fan and saw 2 black box with 3 wires attached to the speed regulator.... the box got wording like 500V 22uF... is this the "box" that u refered to, once change and it's ok?

That should be the ones.

9d858d49.jpg

R u sure changing these capacitors with solve the problems? Cos now it's the high speed , 3 that got problem... Moreover these caps r not cheap :(

But of cos if can salvage the fan I would like to cos changing it means I have to change the other as well cos my hall got two fan. Else it will looks weird.

Last time, in my camp, a ceiling fan fell from the ceiling and hit the desk beside our chief clerk.

There was an incident where a ceiling fan fell from a hawker center. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

Since than, I never thought they were safe.

R u sure changing these capacitors with solve the problems? Cos now it's the high speed , 3 that got problem... Moreover these caps r not cheap :(

But of cos if can salvage the fan I would like to cos changing it means I have to change the other as well cos my hall got two fan. Else it will looks weird.

capacitors are use for motor start up as it needed that extra amps to get it start from still. changing them is of little help if none. Its the motor that needs looking into. In other words, change motor...... [:(]

hi guys,

when changing capacitors( any caps not just those in fans), pls make sure they are properly discharged before any work is done.

Any if you need to ask "how to discharge a cap ?", then i'll suggest its best to pay some $$ and let the electrician do it.

a gentle reminder in liew of a shocking "good" time

mice

If you know what and how to do it, if not, read the PM

I sent you. I cannot do DIY for you via pictures. And this

Advice, not like some here thinking help denotes owning

Them a living, you ought to know where I'm coming from.

If you know what and how to do it, if not, read the PM

I sent you. I cannot do DIY for you via pictures. And this

Advice, not like some here thinking help denotes owning

Them a living, you ought to know where I'm coming from.

Thanks bro for ur help....

There will be always two camps of thoughts here..the caps

affects the fan speed... N the it does not..

I'll give it a try as last solution...

Ceiling fan falling is as rare as plane crash.... I still prefer the air circulation of a ceiling fan

Glad to have been of help. Welcome.

Good news! Thanks bro mazdaowner... I've went SLT bought a capacitors for $5 n changed it, got my ceiling fan run back at max speed :)

I have wall mounted regulator installed for my fans. My problem is the same as bro Bluepica but I'm trying to solve this problem by approaching it from a different angle.

Can I totally bypass the two capacitors inside the fan since I'm using wall mounted regulator to control the speed?

If its possible, can someone tell me how I should connect the wires.

Thanks for any assistance rendered.

↡ Advertisement