Retirement Age Going to be 67, Can u still work?

Apvman

Another shocking news..... MML just said the retirement age will be 67 in future and later on, it will be case by case basic with the employers...

If you can still work at 67, just accept any jobs and dont be choosy. If MML is still wanted by the team thunder, he will still work too...

Aiyo, he and us differnet leh... He at 67 working and sitting with aircon on and receiving with a VERY WELL TO DO pay... how to complain..

Us.. working like s--t, and by 50 if u are still around in the company, u should thank yor lucky star...

Most I see, by 60, already working as cleaners, guards etc... Even if u want to work at labor jobs, also no one wants u...

For those towkays, no need to say lah... u want until the company goes down also no problems... just normal folks like us will suffer.

I already give up on my CPF withdrawal...

↡ Advertisement

how much can u save bro? If you are just an average salary earner, married and with kids, you will not save much.

Even if u try to save, with the current inflation going up and the likelyhood that the GST going to 10%....

Unless bro, you are one of the HIGH CLASS pple earning 8K or MORE per month, u will never understand the common folks like us.....Zzzzzz

i'm just starting out in my work....

haha....

regular with RSAF....

U laugh? Nowadays RSAF IS CONTRACTED with 10 years bond... after 10 yes bond... then depend on yor relationships with yor direct boss, if good then renewed..if no good.. f--k off..

Wait till yor 10 years is up and by then you are abt 30 to 35 yrs old... u will be like us down the road... cursing and swearing.. and dont forget u have to complete with FTs TOOO !!!... OK!!

IMHO, raising retirement age only give more benefits to high income earners, who stayed in power.

Regards,

At that age, do you have the mental strength to deal with power. I would rather take a lesser job, one that have regular hours and have a income. Plus point would be to look at young [gorgeous] .

At that age, do you have the mental strength to deal with power. I would rather take a lesser job, one that have regular hours and have a income. Plus point would be to look at young [gorgeous] .

Board Chairmans are usually old men.

How about jobless? Even more relaxed and free [laugh] .

Regards,

U laugh? Nowadays RSAF IS CONTRACTED with 10 years bond... after 10 yes bond... then depend on yor relationships with yor direct boss, if good then renewed..if no good.. f--k off..

Wait till yor 10 years is up and by then you are abt 30 to 35 yrs old... u will be like us down the road... cursing and swearing.. and dont forget u have to complete with FTs TOOO !!!... OK!!

Coul he be a little too ignorant about his employment/potential (IQ=99)?

Another shocking news..... MML just said the retirement age will be 67 in future and later on, it will be case by case basic with the employers...

If you can still work at 67, just accept any jobs and dont be choosy. If MML is still wanted by the team thunder, he will still work too...

Aiyo, he and us differnet leh... He at 67 working and sitting with aircon on and receiving with a VERY WELL TO DO pay... how to complain..

Us.. working like s--t, and by 50 if u are still around in the company, u should thank yor lucky star...

Most I see, by 60, already working as cleaners, guards etc... Even if u want to work at labor jobs, also no one wants u...

For those towkays, no need to say lah... u want until the company goes down also no problems... just normal folks like us will suffer.

I already give up on my CPF withdrawal...

Can consider sports after withdrawing CPF? I believe need to be quite fit medically and physically. Be sportsman (advertise for fitness gym, nutrition products...). Limited and intermittent vacancies here

we can work but are there jobs for us? wtf.

think 80% of us will become garang kuni man when we hit tat magical 6x.

oh wait..now got PRC fighting for tat post too..LOL

I say the govt lead by example and start hiring new employees who are above 65 to work clerical jobs in civil service. Anyone can extend the retirement age of their existing staff, but try hiring a freshie 65 years old. I challenge the govt to do that. Time to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Every post vacated by someone in civil service, replace by hiring someone from outside that is >65 year old, then train them up from scratch to do the job. I dare say even the govt agencies won't want to do that, like everyone else, they prefer hire young workers.

Edited by Sgnick
  • Praise 2

I say the govt lead by example and start hiring new employees who are above 65 to work clerical jobs in civil service. Anyone can extend the retirement age of their existing staff, but try hiring a freshie 65 years old. I challenge the govt to do that. Time to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Every post vacated by someone in civil service, replace by hiring someone from outside that is >65 year old, then train them up from scratch to do the job.

I thought many of these clerical and mudane jobs have been outsourced to agencies?

Regards,

I thought many of these clerical and mudane jobs have been outsourced to agencies?

Regards,

Example, a customer service counter staff at HDB branch offices resign or post office resign, hire a 70 year old to replace. Doesnt matter if they outsource to employment agencies, they can always tell the employment agencies "Find me only above 65yo please"

Edited by Sgnick

Example, a customer service counter staff at HDB branch offices resign or post office resign, hire a 70 year old to replace.

Unless, they set the requirements for the agenices to only provide senior workers of certain age and above. I guess sometimes, these out-sourced agencies also don't want to take chance as they have KPI to upkeep.

Regards,