My CAT Forum

Mazdaowner

Ok...think i go vet better...thks.

You already knew what to do, still ask.

If you think I'm here to fark your cat up, think again,

olive oil DROWNS the mites, and there is a way to put it into the ear,

and this is not a ONE off thing, it has to be applied DAILY for at least 30 days or more,

depending on how sever the mite infestation is.

Got the money, spend it and give that poor cat proper medication then. <_<

My suggestion is give them some pet milk out of syringe, slowly.

Kittens need to be fed small amounts every 4hours.

I'll PM you a couple of care-givers numbers. Let them know the story, they should be able to help out.

Think the mother cat should be frantic she can't find her kittens. Normally she will be in the vicinity.

Edit: Wait....I just saw 'a few months back'. So they are several months already?

Sorry for confusion.

I monitored whole day and the mother cat did not appear. They appears very weak. and the location they are at have alot of heavy equipments and machines moving around. I managed to pick one up before it wandered on to the path of a oncoming vehicle.

I decided to bring them home to nurse them. When I reach home, I seek advises from the aunties who always feed the cats at the void deck on how to care for the cats. They told me its better to give to SPCA as kittens are very fragile and will die if not properly looked after.. So I called up SPCA and they brought the kittens back.

However recently I heard that SPCA will normally put the animals to sleep, expecially kittens...

Sorry for confusion.

I monitored whole day and the mother cat did not appear. They appears very weak. and the location they are at have alot of heavy equipments and machines moving around. I managed to pick one up before it wandered on to the path of a oncoming vehicle.

I decided to bring them home to nurse them. When I reach home, I seek advises from the aunties who always feed the cats at the void deck on how to care for the cats. They told me its better to give to SPCA as kittens are very fragile and will die if not properly looked after.. So I called up SPCA and they brought the kittens back.

However recently I heard that SPCA will normally put the animals to sleep, expecially kittens...

Survival rate of street bred kittens with mother: Low

Survival rate of kittens in SPCA: Almost Nil-

Turbocharged

Any solution? Thks. <_<

the ears look quite clean? my cats' ears are worse. Even street cats have cleaner ears than them.

anyway, is your cat scratching the ears furiously? if yes, likely to be mite infestation. fyi: some cats, like my boy, are allergic to mites which drive them crazy itchy.

if use ear drops, it's quite a lengthy process as it is hard to kill them with ear drops.

google for revolution for cats. it is like frontline but better as it acts against mites. it enters the bloodstream to kill them off and their eggs. one dosage per month. might act on ear mites too. can't find them in pet shops. order online locally or overseas (UK cheaper and delivery is slightly over 1 week).

if order overseas, can try this site and look for stronghold for cats (same as revolution for cats). GBP 2.50 per delivery regardless of size. UK site cheaper than local sites.

http://www.vetmeds4pets.co.uk/catalog/inde...0k8qvnjj8kk0hg5

Turbocharged

not easy to hand rear neo natal kittens. need feeding with that special milk formula every 3 hours, then you need to stimulate them to pee and poop. it's like having a human infant, fragile, weak and fully dependent on you to provide warmth, food, care. you will need to go through this process until they are weaned at approx 5 - 6 weeks when they can take solid food.

Edited by Kxbc

You got extra not, can give him free.

the ears look quite clean? my cats' ears are worse. Even street cats have cleaner ears than them.

anyway, is your cat scratching the ears furiously? if yes, likely to be mite infestation. fyi: some cats, like my boy, are allergic to mites which drive them crazy itchy.

if use ear drops, it's quite a lengthy process as it is hard to kill them with ear drops.

google for revolution for cats. it is like frontline but better as it acts against mites. it enters the bloodstream to kill them off and their eggs. one dosage per month. might act on ear mites too. can't find them in pet shops. order online locally or overseas (UK cheaper and delivery is slightly over 1 week).

if order overseas, can try this site and look for stronghold for cats (same as revolution for cats). GBP 2.50 per delivery regardless of size. UK site cheaper than local sites.

Thks for advice...

Kx, the ear mites have to use either olive oil or vet prescribed,

bad infestation, together with revolution for at least 2-3 months to be completely

cleared. My persian got it, remember, think you saw when you came over last.

hi guys!

Meow from my pussy!

img20121204222123.jpg

sad that he will be going back to my parents in 2wks.. [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

Edited by Popok

wah...pccing

no lar....showing the lips [laugh] but they paid serious money to bring it over from canada...u know lar! when u love ur pets u wont mind thr sacrifice!

↡ Advertisement