Drive Trip to Hua Hin - Gauging Interest

Dwoon

I don't know if this answers your concern but when I drive to Hua Hin earlier this year, PTT offers 2 types of 95. One is 95Gasohol which is the cheaper one, the other I'm not sure. Maybe it could be the Benzene you are talking about.

Yep it is.

Most petrol stations in Thailand sell both gasohol and gasoline. However, unlike Malaysia, the petrol price in Thailand is cheaper at the stations in major cities; those along highway is more expensive.

Yep it is.

Most petrol stations in Thailand sell both gasohol and gasoline. However, unlike Malaysia, the petrol price in Thailand is cheaper at the stations in major cities; those along highway is more expensive.

That I didn't really notice but I saw that different petrol stations at Thailand sell petrol even of the same grade at different prices. I didn't really want to compare prices because there are so many prices up at the board and all are in Thai!!! I pump PTT because I saw some English [:p]

Neutral Newbie

tentatively date in march 2011 during school hoilday. this will allow us time to sort out the details

my side so far 5cars

Duration 8D7N

tentative itinerary... sin-kedah(1N)750km

kedah-ko samui(2N)510km

ko samui-hua hin(2N)depend on ferry570km

Hua Hin-hat yai(1N)740km

Hat yai-cameron highland(1N)380km

CH-sin580km.

max convoy size-10cars

Well Dwoon... you know i wont pass this up. especially after that nice drive to samui i did.

KIV.

Hope this becomes a reality.

Look forward to hearing details on hotel and ferry when you guys draw it up :)

Edited by AceofproZ

Wow.... looks like you're set with 5 cars already.

Ok, I'll start to plan and see if that is possible. Currently, leave seems to be the greatest obstacle for me. ( not that I don't have... in fact I have heaps... just that there's too much work for me to take them). :angry:

But if i do join, I'll break off 2/3 of the way and head up direct to Hua Hin (don't intend to do Samui again). Then perhaps join up on the way back.

Cheers

tentatively date in march 2011 during school hoilday. this will allow us time to sort out the details

my side so far 5cars

Duration 8D7N

tentative itinerary... sin-kedah(1N)750km

kedah-ko samui(2N)510km

ko samui-hua hin(2N)depend on ferry570km

Hua Hin-hat yai(1N)740km

Hat yai-cameron highland(1N)380km

CH-sin580km.

max convoy size-10cars

Chanced upon this thread on drive to Hua Hin.

As I have 2 wks of well-deserved break coming up, thinking of running my car.....to Thailand.

I plan to take it easy by having overnight stops in Ipoh/Penang, Hatyai and somewhere in between

Before reaching Hua Hin, spending about 3 nights there,

In all, 9-10 days for the trip.

Would appreciate contributions from fellow Long Distance Drivers(LDDs) on their experiences there; the low downs etc....

Turbocharged

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2659999

Chanced upon this thread on drive to Hua Hin.

As I have 2 wks of well-deserved break coming up, thinking of running my car.....to Thailand.

I plan to take it easy by having overnight stops in Ipoh/Penang, Hatyai and somewhere in between

Before reaching Hua Hin, spending about 3 nights there,

In all, 9-10 days for the trip.

Would appreciate contributions from fellow Long Distance Drivers(LDDs) on their experiences there; the low downs etc....

Hi,

As bro Dwoon mentioned in an earlier post, most impt is to prepare your car and ensure (to the best of your mechanic's abilities) that it is in good condition. See his post for details. Also check your spare tyre (if your car has one) is properly inflated and in good condition. Although it is not rainy season, it will be good to also be ready for heavy showers (wipers and tires condition)

You may also want to consider joining AAS membership as they hv free roadside assistance in Msia *knock wood*

If you hv GPS, it will be a great help. Just check that it has updated Msia and Thai maps. Last trip i made to Koh Samui, my Msia fren found that his GPS did not have Thai map LOL

Try to plan for fuel/makan/toilet stops to break up each day's drive. A stop every two hours is usually sufficient.

For detailed info, see this post

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2659999

Good that you plan to take it easy. Both driver and and car need to rest :)

Most imptly, dun stress yourself during the drive and have fun!

Thanks for your advice, I had driven to various parts of MY and to Phuket last year.

Actually would like to know more about things to do or makan there to substantiate spending more time there.

Commercial informations usually feature sun, sand, sea and temples only.

Turbocharged

Thanks for your advice, I had driven to various parts of MY and to Phuket last year.

Actually would like to know more about things to do or makan there to substantiate spending more time there.

Commercial informations usually feature sun, sand, sea and temples only.

u mean in Hua Hin? fm what i know it's a place to chill and relax... good place to recharge a tired soul, not a place to "do things" LOL

cheers~

OIC, in that case, I've better bring a good book along....

Btw, forgot to mention that I always send my car for a pre trip check before each LLD.

Thanks for your concern. [:)]

I might be keen to join if you can accept , thank you.

Please keep me update.

Hi Colin03, sori to keep u waiting for reply.

There's change of plans.....I'm going W Europe instead.

Shall keep u posted should I have any driving trip up north next time.

(edited)

I might be keen to join if you can accept , thank you.

Please keep me update.

Hi, Bro Colin03,

Good Day.

This thread was started by Bro Dwoon in 07 Sept.2010(1.5yrs old) and refreshed by Bro TameDriver 2 days ago, I guess you need to revise a new schedule or a new route to invites participants.

I drove up to Karabi just 2 months ago, the routes taken..JB~Penang~Hat Yai~Trang~Karabi~Trang~Hat Yai~JB, I find that Hat Yai stopped over is more interesting with shopping, eating and ect........

Might be planning another trip back to Hat Yai from JB around August 2012, if there are any Southern Thailand well experience drivers are keen on this trip, I would consider to join in the convoy, let's keep in touch for the time being.

Cheers.

Edited by Fongmy

Turbocharged

Hi, Bro Colin03,

Good Day.

This thread was started by Bro Dwoon in 07 Sept.2010(1.5yrs old) and refreshed by Bro TameDriver 2 days ago, I guess you need to revise a new schedule or a new route to invites participants.

I drove up to Karabi just 2 months ago, the routes taken..JB~Penang~Hat Yai~Trang~Karabi~Trang~Hat Yai~JB, I find that Hat Yai stopped over is more interesting with shopping, eating and ect........

Might be planning another trip back to Hat Yai from JB around August 2012, if there are any Southern Thailand well experience drivers are keen on this trip, I would consider to join in the convoy, let's keep in touch for the time being.

Cheers.

Bro Fongmy,

I may be interested too. I did a SG-genting-KL-Hat yai-koh samui-hat yai-KL-SG recently but not in my car as my car is similiar to Dwoon's - fussy abt petrol and need min Ron97 [bigcry]. Carpool with my friend in his CX-9 fm KL.

However if only to Hat Yai and back to MY, my car can make it without refuelling in thailand.

Rgds,

John

↡ Advertisement