Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

Folks be careful ....... Today's ST... ONLY 29 years old

Yeah... ang mohs and those who work in air-con environment ... sensitive to heat, need to be careful. 29 yr old still young and fit, also can die in such event.

Thought the route was quite shaded all the way, due to the trees and other vegetation. Only the stretch paralleling the AYE near Bukit Merah - Lower Delta, and to Tjg Pagar is more exposed to the sun.

And it's only a 10k run, pretty routine distance for regular long distance runners.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Yeah... ang mohs and those who work in air-con environment ... sensitive to heat, need to be careful. 29 yr old still young and fit, also can die in such event.

Thought the route was quite shaded all the way, due to the trees and other vegetation. Only the stretch paralleling the AYE near Bukit Merah - Lower Delta, and to Tjg Pagar is more exposed to the sun.

And it's only a 10k run, pretty routine distance for regular long distance runners.

That particular day was especially hot.  I ran that race.  I was almost dying from the heat.

Somemore, he might not drink enough water the day before after long flight.

• Praise 1

Sad.... RIP ...

Do drink lots of water, 100+ to replenish your lost salts ...

• Praise 1

Any news on the army half? I heard an ambulancne siren.
  • Praise 1

Any news on the army half? I heard an ambulancne siren.

I heard  loud wailing one near Nicoll Highway 1/2 way mark.. agak agak .. did not look back what really happened.... weather was kind of pleasant that day  

A few weeks ago, my 16+ niece, a good cross country runner fainted near the end of her 8 km race. Severe dehydration.Had to be sent to the hospital.Must be careful to be fully hydrated at the start of the race, given the extremely hot weather here.The long wait in the hot sun all crowded together before the run could easily dehydrate a runner even before the run. She did not bring a disposable bottle to drink before the start.

• Praise 7

Was a good run yesterday, finished by 7.30am for the 21km leg so it was still cool

Bottlenecks still got but not so teruk like 2014 one

For $13/- it was worthwhile and cost effective

In fact my parking cost me $6.42 at High Street Centre  [bigcry]

last time my friend and I parked at Central.

it was per entry then.

may wanna check out the charges there for your next run.  [:)]

last time my friend and I parked at Central.

it was per entry then.

may wanna check out the charges there for your next run.  [:)]

Problem is that many of the car parks charge per entry but from 6 am or 7 am or 8 am it becomes another entry all over again  [bigcry]

Actually cheaper to park by the hour type if can find that type or best is like StanChart one they start the MRT at 3-4am is the Best-est 

• Praise 1

A few weeks ago, my 16+ niece, a good cross country runner fainted near the end of her 8 km race. Severe dehydration.Had to be sent to the hospital.Must be careful to be fully hydrated at the start of the race, given the extremely hot weather here.The long wait in the hot sun all crowded together before the run could easily dehydrate a runner even before the run. She did not bring a disposable bottle to drink before the start.

I usually bring 1 bottle (330ML) of 100 plus to the start line.  I drink the entire bottle before the race starts.

Edited by Davidtch

Actually it all depends on the type/ timing start of the race

If it starts like at 5am then maybe not really necessary to hydrate so much as quite so very fast you want to urinate and for men is quite easy to find trees [laugh]     

But if start like 7am or later confirm must drink lots of water; Also it seems many young people don't have a proper breakfast before the run like at least 2 hours or so; They just come empty stomach one also got that type 

Somehow always I see there is a last minute rush to the toilets (those portaloos) people queue up last 10 mins of race Start and the queue can take at least 20 mins to clear off; Again I pity the [gorgeous] ;  Men will always find tress around on the way one...... Hee Hee Hee I am one of them; I think I give solid mineral nutrition to them X don't know how many come and ease off. Hope NEA appreciates suddenly Singapore got  unusual GIANT mutant trees around PADANG area and in some PARKS          

Edited by BanCoe

If it starts like at 5am then maybe not really necessary to hydrate so much as quite so very fast you want to urinate and for men is quite easy to find trees [laugh]     

But if start like 7am or later confirm must drink lots of water; Also it seems many young people don't have a proper breakfast before the run like at least 2 hours or so; They just come empty stomach one also got that type 

Somehow always I see there is a last minute rush to the toilets (those portaloos) people queue up last 10 mins of race Start and the queue can take at least 20 mins to clear off; Again I pity the [gorgeous] ;  Men will always find tress around on the way one...... Hee Hee Hee I am one of them; I think I give solid mineral nutrition to them X don't know how many come and ease off. Hope NEA appreciates suddenly Singapore got  unusual GIANT mutant trees around PADANG area and in some PARKS          

we might have been peeing side by side in one of those runs....... [laugh]

• Praise 6

Do Standard Char FM.  immediately after Fort Canning tunnel, there will be large group of guys lining along the tree.

Do Standard Char FM.  immediately after Fort Canning tunnel, there will be large group of guys lining along the tree.

.....   [thumbsup] ..... any trees or dark area is fine for the Men