• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi guys,

Need some input:

I'm about to get a double cab pickup ( 2nd hand), was sourcing around for some insurance quotes, one agent got back to me with like a quote of almost $2k and tells me that premium for commercial vehicles increase year by year ( not like normal car, go down year by year due to NCB)

i know the NCB cap is like 20%, but wtf, commercial vehicle so expensive meh?

pick up will be registered under personal name ( no company involved) and this is possible as it is a double cab. But is it true insurance for these kind of vehicle so expensive?

thanks in advance guys

cheers
********************************************************************************
give me money...

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi guys,

Need some input:

I'm about to get a double cab pickup ( 2nd hand), was sourcing around for some insurance quotes, one agent got back to me with like a quote of almost $2k and tells me that premium for commercial vehicles increase year by year ( not like normal car, go down year by year due to NCB)

pick up will be registered under personal name ( no company involved) and this is possible as it is a double cab. But is it true insurance for these kind of vehicle so expensive?

thanks in advance guys

cheers

I paid 1.5K comprehensive last year for my berlingo..This year quoted 1.7K..No claim before..20%
WebsiteDuragloss Car Care products
WebsiteOptimum Car Care products

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image

It is true. Premium always increasing.

Caddy - $1.7K
Hilux Single Cab - $1.5K
Cabstar - $3.4K (2 claims lah)

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

Sons_of_singapore
  • Sons_of_singapore
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

U should try to call a insurance broker for more comparison before confirmation.
GO GREEN

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

hi guys,

thanks so much for the help

love ( no homo) you guys!

but anyway, i understand insurance goes up ( in general across the board ) every year, but it does not specially increase every yr just because the vehicle is a commercial vehicle?
********************************************************************************
give me money...

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

in general all insurance increase across the board in recent yrs... not just commercial vehicles
“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:23 PM

Lectrosphere
  • Premium member
    Lectrosphere
    6th Gear
    Author Image

bro, what ride you looking at? my triton single cab premium abt 1.7 happy.gif

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually does anyone knows where to do the thick thick bar for the deck for pickups?

Yep, my single cab hilux is $1600.

Basically we are under the mercy of the insurance companies since we need insurance to use the car on the road and to renew road tax.

Everytime they keep saying they losing money therefore premium have to go up. Pray tell, which company wants to keep doing a business that keep losing money?

Edited by Fcw75, 08 September 2010 - 03:48 PM.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

twincab insurance/road tax more than single cab pickup/van due to seating capacity

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

Lectrosphere
  • Premium member
    Lectrosphere
    6th Gear
    Author Image

wave.gif hi bro,

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wave.gif hi bro,

Hi, wassup? laugh.gif

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

Neutralsg
  • Premium member
    Neutralsg
    6th Gear
    Author Image

hi guys,

Need some input:

thanks in advance guys

cheers

Suggest you check around because you may get a better deal than the car agents if you check directly wiz the insurers.
Have a nice day biggrin.gif

Edited by Neutralsg, 08 September 2010 - 06:42 PM.

Cherish your licence before you lose its privileges.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Yes,my Nissan double cab's insurance is $2200,while my 370Z is only $1945.

Fairlady.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

Gkscarmart
  • Premium member
    Gkscarmart
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi, I just gotten an used VW Caddy 1.9 TDI of about 7yr old. The lowest comprehensive quote I got is $1643, excess of $500, from Allianz. For 3rd party with fire and theft, it is about $1300+, so no much different. Just chose the comprehensive.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:15 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

hi guys!

Thank you so much for the info.

Really useful to me. Dam insurance is a killer :( sians. but also bo bian. max NCD for commercial is 20% rite?

Anyway, again, love ( no homo) u guys!

cheers!
give me money...

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:50 PM

Alvin87
  • Alvin87
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

it ex man

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

Soniakwok
  • Soniakwok
    Banned

Yup, i think it's better that you shop ard for cheapest prices in the market. I'm an insurance broker, contact me at soniakwok.com, if you're interested. Cheers. =)
Live. Love. Laugh. Cars. Wine & Dine.

That's simply me.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Buckinghamshire
  • Buckinghamshire
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, I am paying $1240 after 20% NCD for my 5 yr old Opel Combo CDTI. It is under the comprehensive plan by AXA and the excess is $500.

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

Johnsonv2k10
  • Johnsonv2k10
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi
this is johnson and i would share this information about this Cheapest Van Insurance
here the best plans for the insurance if you gain more profit please follow this link
=======================
Cheapest Van Insurance

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:00 PM

shutinggg
  • shutinggg
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Grab & Uber Z10 insurance $1,288 nett. Private Car insurance as low as $589. Call me for your free quotes now. 86689991

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users