Commercial Vehicle Insurance

Headshok

hi guys,

Need some input:

I'm about to get a double cab pickup ( 2nd hand), was sourcing around for some insurance quotes, one agent got back to me with like a quote of almost $2k and tells me that premium for commercial vehicles increase year by year ( not like normal car, go down year by year due to NCB)

i know the NCB cap is like 20%, but wtf, commercial vehicle so expensive meh?

pick up will be registered under personal name ( no company involved) and this is possible as it is a double cab. But is it true insurance for these kind of vehicle so expensive?

thanks in advance guys

cheers

↡ Advertisement

hi guys,

Need some input:

I'm about to get a double cab pickup ( 2nd hand), was sourcing around for some insurance quotes, one agent got back to me with like a quote of almost $2k and tells me that premium for commercial vehicles increase year by year ( not like normal car, go down year by year due to NCB)

pick up will be registered under personal name ( no company involved) and this is possible as it is a double cab. But is it true insurance for these kind of vehicle so expensive?

thanks in advance guys

cheers

I paid 1.5K comprehensive last year for my berlingo..This year quoted 1.7K..No claim before..20%

hi guys,

thanks so much for the help

love ( no homo) you guys!

but anyway, i understand insurance goes up ( in general across the board ) every year, but it does not specially increase every yr just because the vehicle is a commercial vehicle?

Actually does anyone knows where to do the thick thick bar for the deck for pickups?

Yep, my single cab hilux is $1600.

Basically we are under the mercy of the insurance companies since we need insurance to use the car on the road and to renew road tax.

Everytime they keep saying they losing money therefore premium have to go up. Pray tell, which company wants to keep doing a business that keep losing money?

Edited by Fcw75

hi guys,

Need some input:

thanks in advance guys

cheers

Suggest you check around because you may get a better deal than the car agents if you check directly wiz the insurers.

Have a nice day :D

Edited by Neutralsg

Hi, I just gotten an used VW Caddy 1.9 TDI of about 7yr old. The lowest comprehensive quote I got is $1643, excess of $500, from Allianz. For 3rd party with fire and theft, it is about $1300+, so no much different. Just chose the comprehensive.

hi guys!

Thank you so much for the info.

Really useful to me. Dam insurance is a killer :( sians. but also bo bian. max NCD for commercial is 20% rite?

Anyway, again, love ( no homo) u guys!

cheers!