Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
96 replies to this topic | 210 praises

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

Fishman
  • Fishman
    Banned

This afternoon I was at Redhill market and saw some pigeons (4 of them specifically) actually flew right into the hawker centre, feeding on crumbs on the floor (see picture). ohmy.gif WTF! What goes in, must come out, right? I shudder to think of the food I had just consume might have been contaminated! Not that I am a hygiene freak, or having too high expectations of a hawker centre, but still...

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo0025.jpg

Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Latka
  • Latka
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Pigeon droppings very hazardous. Apparently the virus or bacteria can infect human's brain fluid.
1 Anonymous member praised this
Whatever Does Not Destroy Me, Strengthens Me.

Give Up On Life But Never Give Up On Yourself

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

Fishman
  • Fishman
    Banned

Feeding pigeons in Botanic Gardens is already discouraged. Now they are feeding side by side with us!

Although not in the picture, one of the birds actually went right into the stall; and the stallholder didn't bother even though there was no customer then! Sibei bo chap! I swear I'll never buy anything from this stall!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

Skunk
  • Skunk
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

time to hunt them down for pigeon soup. Vey nutritious n tasty. Had some when i was growing up in the kampong.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

kill those birds....

crazy tweeters....

furious.gif
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

Cootie-Monster
  • Cootie-Monster
    4th Gear
    Author Image

What about those who brought their pet dogs to hawker centre?

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

speaking of dogs,

guide dogs are now allowed in CentrePoint malls....

look out for them k???

smash.gif
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

This will generate a long list.

I agreed totally tot he title.

Whole food centre thing is dirty. dirty dirty.... Only a few that i have visited are still so call cleaner.

Most had dirty food stall. oily table, dirty plates and bowls, DIRTY tray.

Look at the way they 'clean' the table.

Check the tray, especially along the sides.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

Forte3737

FYI

http://www.soshiok.c...venture-coroner

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmmmmmm.............. compare to the 'Ceiling Spring Cleaning', which one need more attention??? .... :o

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hmmmmmm.............. compare to the 'Ceiling Spring Cleaning', which one need more attention??? .... :o

aiya.. u think which one is more important to them?  [shakehead]

rip to the child...

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Will NEA step up checks on hawkers in the coming months?

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just bought Briyani from the next stall to it last week..... [sweatdrop]

Jamesc, Raymondism, RH1667, Spring and Tianmo praised this

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the same issue was posted yesterday. 

http://www.mycarforu...ning/?p=5327738

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Brought up a 3 years old subject after reading today's ST report on people rating on hawker centres.

I am one of the strong 'critics' of our hawker centres. I find most badly designed, totally no management and the worst of all, commercialized.

Design wise, not only stalls get smaller till operators spill outside their stall, there is no proper pathway to even walk. Not to mention space for cleaners to push trolley. So, it is very common to see cleaner parking their trolley far away and sweeping the table using their bare hands.

Even with the return tray shelves, they were place at adhoc places and usually full. When they came up with this idea, they simply place the shelves just to show they have done it. Clearing from the tables to the shelves is just 1 part, removing from the shelves to the respective stalls are the major one. The list of problems go on pages. Why food courts operated by private companies face less of such issues? It goes down to management. NEA only issue licences, the rest is not their problem. Please do include fee on management in NEA licence. :a-noway:

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Brought up a 3 years old subject after reading today's ST report on people rating on hawker centres.

I am one of the strong 'critics' of our hawker centres. I find most badly designed, totally no management and the worst of all, commercialized.

Design wise, not only stalls get smaller till operators spill outside their stall, there is no proper pathway to even walk. Not to mention space for cleaners to push trolley. So, it is very common to see cleaner parking their trolley far away and sweeping the table using their bare hands.

Even with the return tray shelves, they were place at adhoc places and usually full. When they came up with this idea, they simply place the shelves just to show they have done it. Clearing from the tables to the shelves is just 1 part, removing from the shelves to the respective stalls are the major one. The list of problems go on pages. Why food courts operated by private companies face less of such issues? It goes down to management. NEA only issue licences, the rest is not their problem. Please do include fee on management in NEA licence. :a-noway:

That's why food prices between hawker centers and foodcourts are different. If you want even better standard and quality you go to a restaurant. You have a choice for cheaper food option but quality and standard not as good as foodcourt or restaurants. Cannot be you paying for hawker center price but get foodcourt standard. Somebody else will cry foul too.

So you want to eat at hawker center, foodcourt or restaurant? Whoa, I sound like Vivian B. LoL...

Mustank praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

if this is our mentality than i am very sad. why should hawker Center be dirty just because it is run by NEA? I am not referring to aircon or having central dishwashing. basic hygiene only. moreover, not all hawker centre are much cheaper than food court or even kopitiam

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The sad fact is it's all down to the dollar. NEA is not going to run like a charity org. They will tell you that for sure.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some patrons also quite knn one lah.

Leave the table strewn with fish bones, chicken bones, prawn head and shell etc...  :a-noway:

I do empathise with the cleaners.

Edited by Blueray, 12 October 2017 - 09:08 AM.

focus

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The sad fact is it's all down to the dollar. NEA is not going to run like a charity org. They will tell you that for sure.

He's just asking for better design...

That is all.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users