Poor Hawker Centre Hygiene?

Fishman

correction : 1st world economy but 4th world dwellers.

most of the time we demand this and demand that, suggest this and suggest that. but when it comes to ourselves, the rules just seems to bend naturally. We want clean tables but we expect others to clean it for us whereas things could have been easier and better if we had kept it clean whilst using it in the first place. i totally agree with the part where the consumers love to leave the bones and tissues on the tables and floor instead of their trays ... leaving a big mess for the cleaners to clean up. if they had left their trash on the trays, maybe the next occupant would have found it easier to clear the table for themselves too.

there are some of us who practices cleanliness as what we preach, but its just too few.

while i cannot dispute there are true blood singaporeans that fall in that category you have discribed, do note that there is a possibility that more than 50% of the people you encountered are not Singaporean.

whether they are singaporeans or foreigners, the environment must be conducive enough for them to want to do things right. why are we not seeing such habits in changi air port food court as an example?

↡ Advertisement

whether they are singaporeans or foreigners, the environment must be conducive enough for them to want to do things right. why are we not seeing such habits in changi air port food court as an example?

Cos it is operate by Kopitiam

Cos it is operate by Kopitiam

Actually you have just given that perfect answer. I am sure Kopitiam paid a bomb for that place. they designed, managed and look at the standard. Yes the food cost more but the overhead also more plus a big profit. So, if their rent is NEA rent, maybe the food is cheaper than hawker centre. hahaha

I know some will say traffic and sale volume, etc. NEA rent must take into consideration of the management and forget about profit. hawker Center stalls are similar to HDB flats, not for investment. Dont artificially inflate costs.

This is the one of the key problem brother. Even in China, the tables are cleared properly. The min would be a clean cloth that they will rise for each table. Sweeping onto the floor is our standard. Some said return own tray, I wonder have they tried and found the shelves full of uncleared trays and they have to place them on the floor. This is because your table is now occupied and you cannot put that tray back [mad]

The way our foods are served, you need to spit the bones onto the tray if you don't do it on the table. Have you ever seen the tray being washed? Seats are arranged between 2 rows of stalls. Stalls are so small vendors extend out of their stall which make the narrow path even narrower. With patrons sitting and some queuing, cleaner virtually can't push their trolley. You don't see this in food court even they pay higher rent for the space. NEA need to max income, their KPI?

In my opinion, when I walked into a building, look at their toilets you know the cleanliness standard of that building. Similarly, look at our hawker centres, you know what is ours as compared to Hong Kong and Taiwan. Theirs are not even run by a national environmental agency. Are we 1st world :a-noway:

Actually IKEA can set a good example to make our hawker centers cleaner.

Use push carts with trays to make people return their trays and a cleaner station at the tray clearing area. Effective and clean.

Problem is how to prevent people from stealing those push carts, since hawker center is an open area.

Actually IKEA can set a good example to make our hawker centers cleaner.

Use push carts with trays to make people return their trays and a cleaner station at the tray clearing area. Effective and clean.

Problem is how to prevent people from stealing those push carts, since hawker center is an open area.

Try to push them around the upper bukit timah hawker centre (the one at the trsffic junction of Jurong Kerchil) haha You are lucky if you can walk straight through the rows of stalls.

• Praise 1

Try to push them around the upper bukit timah hawker centre (the one at the trsffic junction of Jurong Kerchil) haha You are lucky if you can walk straight through the rows of stalls.

Actually if NEA is serious about implementing it, the layout of these hawker centers needs to change.

Actually if NEA is serious about implementing it, the layout of these hawker centers needs to change.

I am staying near this place. Do you know they revamped twice and the last was a very major one? From frying pan into the fire. hahaa

I am staying near this place. Do you know they revamped twice and the last was a very major one? From frying pan into the fire. hahaa

Normal upgrades la.

What we suggesting here is different.

Hawker centre hygience indeed very poor la. Often i see those cleaners simply just clear the plates on the table without wiping clean the table, or they use a very dirty cloth to wipe the table and also the tray, and just return the tray to the hawker stall.  :o

Edited by 13177

Twincharged

Funny thing is still can praise :XD:

i also wanted to praise ts... But saw banned liow..

while i cannot dispute there are true blood singaporeans that fall in that category you have discribed, do note that there is a possibility that more than 50% of the people you encountered are not Singaporean.

Must we always bring foreigners into any equation??

Actually you have just given that perfect answer. I am sure Kopitiam paid a bomb for that place. they designed, managed and look at the standard. Yes the food cost more but the overhead also more plus a big profit. So, if their rent is NEA rent, maybe the food is cheaper than hawker centre. hahaha

I know some will say traffic and sale volume, etc. NEA rent must take into consideration of the management and forget about profit. hawker Center stalls are similar to HDB flats, not for investment. Dont artificially inflate costs.

Kopitiam also how siao one lah... Just look at the food court at tampines hub... All this and that but end up tables still uncleared. Just boils down to his much budget they can afford to hire cleaners.... Maybe $3k per cleaner ? Confirm cleaner than compass rose!

Normal upgrades la.

What we suggesting here is different.

Hello, torn down the complete structure to re build normal? then we coukd do this normal to many things liao

Hello, torn down the complete structure to re build normal? then we coukd do this normal to many things liao

What I mean by normal upgrades means new pipes, new drainage, new tiles, table and chairs, etc. Everything just change to new only.

What I suggest is more of modifications on the chairs and tables layout so that the spaces between can be wider for the push carts to move.

Effective table cleaner is a piece of cloth with light detergent and a dash of bleach.

The bleach kills the germ and the smell, but may be unacceptable to some people.

What I mean by normal upgrades means new pipes, new drainage, new tiles, table and chairs, etc. Everything just change to new only.

What I suggest is more of modifications on the chairs and tables layout so that the spaces between can be wider for the push carts to move.

Brother sorry wrong channel. I was sharing the bukit timah hawker centre was torn down and re build. this time with smaller but more stalls. the beauty is no space to push trolley, seats so close to stalls and no try returning areas. even the stairs are exposed to rain that become slippery when rain water mix with the cooking oil. surely someone should explain why?

the jurong west one was torn down and after less than 3 years closed again for major renovation. we cant even get a simple hawker centre right?

Brother sorry wrong channel. I was sharing the bukit timah hawker centre was torn down and re build. this time with smaller but more stalls. the beauty is no space to push trolley, seats so close to stalls and no try returning areas. even the stairs are exposed to rain that become slippery when rain water mix with the cooking oil. surely someone should explain why?

the jurong west one was torn down and after less than 3 years closed again for major renovation. we cant even get a simple hawker centre right?

I see, I see.

So sorry that I missed your point.

Damn malu.

Yep, that hawker center was rebuild before but I have not gone there yet.

↡ Advertisement