Poor Hawker Centre Hygiene?

Fishman

This is why don't understand this initiative.

is it to encourage people to return trays or to clear their own table?

Or is it someone thought that by asking people to return trays, then they will also automatically clear their table?

Unfortunately, returning tray and clearing their own table are two different things.

I said early. Five incentive to return tray. No incentive Singaporean won't heed at all.

Also educate Singaporean don't return tray is low Class. Sure everyone will auto return tray.

↡ Advertisement

As long as we still harbour the "me first" attitude such such tray collections scheme will not work. How often we see people reserve tabke with tissue pack and now worse handphone.

There are two solutions to get it working. Aim at Singaporean weakness. He kiasu mindset and pettiness. Give every tray return with a mere 10 cents discount off foods purchase you will see people start queuing to return tray. Education. Don't return tray sign of low Class trailer/advert on msm. It will work.

Also the Mindset if eating at fast food "restaurant" equate to cheap meal...not atas sort of restaurant.

Return 10,000 trays get free COE.  :XD:  :XD:  :XD:

I said early. Five incentive to return tray. No incentive Singaporean won't heed at all.

Also educate Singaporean don't return tray is low Class. Sure everyone will auto return tray.

I think the people involved in tray return need to have a paradigm shift. Why would customers find it so difficult to return tray if they have already queue to buy and collect their food?

It is the design of the tray return area and what happen when you bring that tray there. A simple illustration is the Japanese food court. Look at their layout, the space the allocated for the sitting. You cannot copy some and leave out some then expect it to be the same.

My experiences in Japan, Thailand, Hong Hong, Taiwan, all Asian countries food courts are far better than ours. Singapore is about Malaysia standard. Sweeping food leftover onto the floor, using left over tissue paper as table cloth, not washing the tray, wet utensils, dirty tables and chairs are common here. 

I think the people involved in tray return need to have a paradigm shift. Why would customers find it so difficult to return tray if they have already queue to buy and collect their food?

It is the design of the tray return area and what happen when you bring that tray there. A simple illustration is the Japanese food court. Look at their layout, the space the allocated for the sitting. You cannot copy some and leave out some then expect it to be the same.

My experiences in Japan, Thailand, Hong Hong, Taiwan, all Asian countries food courts are far better than ours. Singapore is about Malaysia standard. Sweeping food leftover onto the floor, using left over tissue paper as table cloth, not washing the tray, wet utensils, dirty tables and chairs are common here. 

I guess it is the culture here la. When certain culture is formed and deepen, very hard to change de.

• Praise 1

if all the bright ideas done by our JLB scholar still cannot works, NEA will introduce tray/bowl summon auntie. Fine S$50 per person for not returning utensils

Twincharged

if all the bright ideas done by our JLB scholar still cannot works, NEA will introduce tray/bowl summon auntie. Fine S$50 per person for not returning utensils

post-2854-0-94054500-1517278683.jpg

Then all hawker center can prepare to close shop.

Buy from Uber eats or food panda better la.

You don't anyhow suggest. If they hear you we are done for good.

I suggest give incentive like discount of foods.

How much incentive can they give?

The max will be the full savings from having to hire fewer cleaners which is a pittance when counted on a per meal basis.

I suggest to let the situation be - continue hiring cleaners to clean la. Helps create jobs also.

Give you 10 cents, take back 1 dollar.

How much incentive can they give?

The max will be the full savings from having to hire fewer cleaners which is a pittance when counted on a per meal basis.

I suggest to let the situation be - continue hiring cleaners to clean la. Helps create jobs also.

The problem is no one want to take up cleaner job, many hawker centre seriously shortage of manpower.

The problem is no one want to take up cleaner job, many hawker centre seriously shortage of manpower.

That's because the current cleaner's job doesn't pay a living wage.

Some places are starting to use robots.

It's a matter of time more and more places are going to use them.

Some places are starting to use robots.

It's a matter of time more and more places are going to use them.

Robots to clear the table or robots circulating round the hawker centre for patrons to place their used tray on the robots?

Robots to clear the table or robots circulating round the hawker centre for patrons to place their used tray on the robots?

Place used tray.

That's because the current cleaner's job doesn't pay a living wage.

In fact many jobs here doesnt really paying a reasonable living wage. You can still find many jobs now the salary is about the same like 20 years ago and yet employers still think the salary is reasonable and enough!?  [rolleyes]

Place used tray.

Placed used tray no use de, tables are still full of dirty plates and bowls. Or even worst those shelves and robots also full of used tray, plates and bowls which no one clear. I saw many times those robot circulating round the hawker centre, on them are full of used tray/plates/bowls which no one can used them further. Lol.

• Praise 1