Horrific Accident Along Yishun Ave 1

Vulcann

Another horrific accident. Hope the driver's alright...

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...leaves_car.html

post-5981-1284600526_thumb.jpg

STOMPer Ricky was alerted to the scene of this accident by a loud 'bang' from outside his window at 5.00am this morning (Sep 15). The accident left the car an overturned wreck with the driver trapped inside.

Ricky describes the situation:

"This accident happened on Sep 15 at about 5.00am, along Yishun Avenue 1. Early this morning, I heard a loud 'bang' from outside my window.

"Only one vehicle appeared to be involved in the accident, and the car was overturned. He was probably speeding or something.

"Civil Defence people and an ambulance arrived and worked to free the driver from the wreckage. An ambulance then took the casualty away.

"This is not the first time such a major accident happened here. This stretch of road is long and straight, and is a favourite of speeding drivers.

"I have written to LTA and the Traffic Police regard speeding drivers and bikers along this stretch of road, but so far I have not received any response.

"In addition to creating lots of noise late at night, they are also likely to cause accidents here.

"I hope the authorities will put up some speed bumps to stop this trend."

A spokesperson for the SCDF also gave more details:

"The call was received at 5.24am.

"The accident had occurred at the junction of Yishun Street 81 and Yishun Avenue 1.

"The SCDF dispatched one ambulance, two fire bikes, one Red Rhino, one fire engine and one support vehicle to the scene.

"The driver was trapped in his car and rescuers used a hydraulic spreader-cutter to release him. The operation took 20 minutes to complete. He was conveyed to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital with head injuries in a conscious state."

↡ Advertisement

I drove past there.

Seems like the car was travelling in the direction from Yishun Stadium towards Yishun Dam.

I saw dirt and grass kicked up at the edge/beginning of the U-turn. Further down is a tree which I thought I saw bark stripped off the trunk. And beyond that, laid the car.

The car really flew quite a distance......from the start of the U-turn to the final spot.

I drove past there.

Seems like the car was travelling in the direction from Yishun Stadium towards Yishun Dam.

I saw dirt and grass kicked up at the edge/beginning of the U-turn. Further down is a tree which I thought I saw bark stripped off the trunk. And beyond that, laid the car.

The car really flew quite a distance......from the start of the U-turn to the final spot.

Sounds like speeding or driver slept while driving.

Sounds like speeding or driver slept while driving.

Confirm speeding + maybe drunk also.. must have clipped the edge of the kerb where the U-turn opened up, causing the car to flip. Luckily ba5tard didn't crash into a tree, if not have to trouble RadX again.. [laugh]

STOMPer Ricky was alerted to the scene of this accident by a loud 'bang' from outside his window at 5.00am this morning (Sep 15). The accident left the car an overturned wreck with the driver trapped inside.

"This accident happened on Sep 15 at about 5.00am, along Yishun Avenue 1. Early this morning, I heard a loud 'bang' from outside my window.

"Only one vehicle appeared to be involved in the accident, and the car was overturned. He was probably speeding or something.

"Civil Defence people and an ambulance arrived and worked to free the driver from the wreckage. An ambulance then took the casualty away.

"This is not the first time such a major accident happened here. This stretch of road is long and straight, and is a favourite of speeding drivers.

"I have written to LTA and the Traffic Police regard speeding drivers and bikers along this stretch of road, but so far I have not received any response.

"In addition to creating lots of noise late at night, they are also likely to cause accidents here.

"The accident had occurred at the junction of Yishun Street 81 and Yishun Avenue 1.

"The SCDF dispatched one ambulance, two fire bikes, one Red Rhino, one fire engine and one support vehicle to the scene.

"The driver was trapped in his car and rescuers used a hydraulic spreader-cutter to release him. The operation took 20 minutes to complete. He was conveyed to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital with head injuries in a conscious state."

Looks like the car somehow hit the kerb sideway, flipped over and trapped the occupant(s) inside

I wonder if the driver was distracted by something like handphone driving?

Looks like the car somehow hit the kerb sideway, flipped over and trapped the occupant(s) inside

I wonder if the driver was distracted by something like handphone driving?

Read the article again, it happened at 5AM in the morning.. confirm speeding one la.. maybe drink driving as well. only hell would call at that kind of time. [laugh]

Typical irresponsible driver/speedster. [furious] Speeding is one obvious cause for a car to flip. Hope the driver will not suffer loss of any limbs as a result of such accident otherwise he/she is likely to regret for the rest of his/her life. :angry:

No wonder EMAS sometimes has the slogan "Drive safely for your loved ones"

i drove past there too... saw leaves and twigs around the road and then saw the car up lorry .. totally smashed and can't even tell what model it is

↡ Advertisement