Tioman / Mersing Trip

Centrino

(edited)

No tour agency required.

Majoirty book direct to the resort's website. And make thier way to the jetty either by self-drive or by malaysian taxi.

By-the-way.....when i was in Pulau Tinggi, there was 6 private motor yatch that sail directly from Singapore to anchor off the beach and stay at the resort. With adults & kids onboard. Solid 12 hours sail from Sin-Tinggi.

These guys damn adventurous!!! [thumbsup]

Wah . . Thanks bro HHH.

Such a detailed writeup . . . erhh which tour agency is better for Tioman?

Edited by Hiphiphoray
↡ Advertisement

URGENT QUESTION, please advise if any bro knows.

Is there any problem with mobile phone roaming connectivity when calling from Singapore? Been calling and smsing 2 contacts in Tioman but getting "mobile not in use" msgs and no reply.

I have called M1 at 1627 to check on coverage but service staff said "I think should be no problem" ... wts!

Supercharged

Is there any problem with mobile phone roaming connectivity when calling from Singapore? Been calling and smsing 2 contacts in Tioman but getting "mobile not in use" msgs and no reply.

I have called M1 at 1627 to check on coverage but service staff said "I think should be no problem" ... wts!

They could have switched off their mobiles. Or there's no signal there.

Try calling the resort they are staying in and look for them, instead.

• Praise 1

Dun be alarmed.. mobile coverage on Tioman is weak.

When i went there last month at Paya village, my M1/Celcom is very weak & my other Msia Tron line no reception at all.

Or maybe your contact just wanna have a rollin good time & switch off their phone.

• Praise 1

Dun be alarmed.. mobile coverage on Tioman is weak.

When i went there last month at Paya village, my M1/Celcom is very weak & my other Msia Tron line no reception at all.

Or maybe your contact just wanna have a rollin good time & switch off their phone.

Thank you bro, much appreciated!

How was your trip?

They could have switched off their mobiles. Or there's no signal there.

Try calling the resort they are staying in and look for them, instead.

Thanks bro.

MCF bros are the best!

3G coverage on Tioman is at best sporadic. 2G should be ok unless your friends are out of the main resort areas. If they are at Japamala, I heard there are no mobile coverage at all.

For those going there, TM has the best 3G coverage. I used Maxis and U Mobile before, CMI at my usual Berjaya resort.

• Praise 1

3G coverage on Tioman is at best sporadic. 2G should be ok unless your friends are out of the main resort areas. If they are at Japamala, I heard there are no mobile coverage at all.

For those going there, TM has the best 3G coverage. I used Maxis and U Mobile before, CMI at my usual Berjaya resort.

Thanks for the info, bro! Thank you very much!

I received sporadic sms from the joker there . . Haha!

Go Redang, Perhantian, Blue Coral Islands, beaches are better, water cleaner...... + still got cell phone signals.

Bro, are these places nearer to the mainland?

(edited)

30-45 mins from mainland by ferries/speedboat. But journey from SIN to Tregganu by coach, backside will open flower. Hahaha...

Bro, are these places nearer to the mainland?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

30-45 mins from mainland by ferries/speedboat. But journey from SIN to Tregganu by coach, backside will open flower. Hahaha...

Wah cannot leh, I'll get motion sickness taking buses/coaches for longer than 30 mins.

Wah cannot leh, I'll get motion sickness taking buses/coaches for longer than 30 mins.

Take motion sickness pills one hour or half hour before the journey.  Best taken before food.  I always do that.   [laugh]  

Take motion sickness pills one hour or half hour before the journey.  Best taken before food.  I always do that.   [laugh]  

haha! I avoid bus journeys which take more than 10 mins, still can tahan.

I dread going for guided tours overseas. :wacko:

haha! I avoid bus journeys which take more than 10 mins, still can tahan.

I dread going for guided tours overseas. :wacko:

I understand..... I always vomitted when taking bus, ferry lagi worse for  me. 

Luckily now got MRT.  

Edited by Dleodleo

Hi!

Has anyone been to Mersing/Tioman recently?  Can you share your experience?

The VEP delayed till June liao.  Thinking to go to Tioman in one of the long Weekend in May.   [laugh] 

• Praise 1