Man Lose Appeal In Road Rage Case

Vulcann

No matter how angry a man is , it is still not right to resort to violence, especially towards woman...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1082518/1/.html

Man loses appeal against sentence in road rage case

Posted: 21 September 2010 1834 hrs

SINGAPORE : A 34-year-old man has lost his appeal against a four-week jail sentence in a road rage case, where he kicked and punched a woman.

In dismissing the appeal on Tuesday, Justice V K Rajah said the offence was committed against a woman, who was assaulted even after she fell to the ground.

Teo Eu Gene was seated in a car when his father and Mrs Juliet Tan Whye Peck, 47, were arguing over a parking lot at the Chinese Swimming Club on August 2.

When Mrs Tan was walking back to her car, Teo went after her and kicked her in the back. After she fell, he punched her as she lay on the ground.

The judge said road rage offences are viewed seriously by the courts and offenders would usually be given custodial sentences.

Teo begins his sentence on September 28.

- CNA/al

↡ Advertisement

Fighting over car park lot can be considered road rage? Thought road rage was defined as 2 drivers fighting after 1 pissed off the other with kayu driving skills.

Bearing in mind of how bitchy some women can be, I think offender in abv case happy to go jail too.

Neutral Newbie

This case very fast go court. Incident happened on Aug 2, he kena start sentence on 28 Sept. Mrs Tan must be very well connected.

More likely it's Teo Eu Gene is not connected, hence chop chop close shop attitude by the Justice Department.

More likely it's Teo Eu Gene is not connected, hence chop chop close shop attitude by the Justice Department.

Read in papers b4, other road rage cases took at least 1 year to fight in court b4 judge passed sentence.

Fighting over car park lot can be considered road rage? Thought road rage was defined as 2 drivers fighting after 1 pissed off the other with kayu driving skills.

Bearing in mind of how bitchy some women can be, I think offender in abv case happy to go jail too.

We only hear one side of the story here.

Could it be he was provoked beyond being reasonable & thus resulted in the violence?

And what did the woman do to cause so much animosity besides quarrelling with his dad?

The brief report did not shed any light on it.

Still, in the eyes of the law, once you raise your hand and struck someone in a road rage, that's it...

Edited by Vulcann

We only hear one side of the story here.

Could it be he was provoked beyond being reasonable & thus resulted in the violence?

And what did the woman do to cause so much animosity besides quarrelling with his dad?

The brief report did not shed any light on it.

Still, in the eyes of the law, once you raise your hand and struck someone in a road rage, that's it...

True. But I marvel at the speed with which this case was settled by the courts here.

Some people can be quite guailan..esp when they use hurtful language like 'I drive lexus..you drivehyundai..that's why the lot belongs to me'....

anyway..studies have shown..we are only 7 meals from anarchy and bo cheng hu....

True. But I marvel at the speed with which this case was settled by the courts here.

Then we must end the 'connection'...by voting wisely?? [sly]

Some people can be quite guailan..esp when they use hurtful language like 'I drive lexus..you drivehyundai..that's why the lot belongs to me'....

anyway..studies have shown..we are only 7 meals from anarchy and bo cheng hu....

Ya get what you mean.

Some local folks like to utter @#$% words like KSMLJ (err.. after sterilisation basically saying why are you staring at me?) straightaway or challenging the other party with words like hoot/pa gua lah, BJ ah (GO AHEAD & WHACK ME, NO GUTS IS IT!??).

Under the hot sun sweating buckets, feeling upset and most important getting one's honour/pride hurt, most road rage aggressors just lose it & let their emotions got over them thus resulting in the full brunt of the law slamming down hard on them...

er... read from news that the husband of that women who kenna was a lawyer...

maybe like that speed up the process??

The women was blocking an empty lot which she has no intention to park just to wait for the husband finish swimming.

The driver of the car even make another round to come back to the lot.

Kick punch happen when the son of the driver at the back seat heard the women say" Low class" or something like that... came out and whack the women who was asking for it.

There are really some weird people... no intention to park yet still blocking empty lot.

All that needs to be done was just shift forward a bit and problem all solve....

Reminds me of another article about a driver parking at reserved lot blocking the way of a wheel chair person.

Still can guai lan say..."get the attendent to summon me la..."

I would say this type of people are just looking for trouble themselves.

This type of people should be glad this is not in boleh land...if not will kenna totally upside down..

This type of people should be glad this is not in boleh land...if not will kenna totally upside down..

Have to agree with you on this.

Singaporeans pride ourselves for having a law-abiding society-everything must be settled as accordance to the law.

If such incidents happen in some where else, the provocative party may find themselves in deep sh*t.

For those local folks who like to quote our Penal Code when facing such a situation here, please do not do it outside our state boundary.

Throwing your credit card at the cashier in anger or uttering challenges like if-you-dare to our neighbours around our country may really land you in hot soup, literally.

↡ Advertisement