How often brake pads are changed for Singapore roads

E-Jazz

It will be a rare sight if you happen to see a mech in Spore using measuring tool or gauge to check the disc or pad. Have come across many unable to read the vernier scale.

post-272-1285288502_thumb.jpg

post-272-1285288559_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

my brake pad last 27,000km. about 10months change once.

it really depends on the driver way of driving.

anyway, brake pad is cheap. safety comes first.

Edited by Mcf777

Neutral Newbie

thanks bros/sis for the response and info.

appreciate it.

Noted the part on how one drives and tips on not to have sudden slamming of brakes. Have been keeping that in mind as I drive as well to keep a relatively safe distance ahead.

At this point, I guess its usually early 40k or 60k which I see from your experiences.

I will specifically ask the mech to help me check on each servicing to be sure. Won't want to suffer the consequences either.

Do you guys recall how much does it cost when you change the brake pads?

my brake pad last 27,000km. about 10months change once.

it really depends on the driver way of driving.

anyway, brake pad is cheap. safety comes first.

My first set of stock pads lasted me also around 30k mileage.

It is the individual driver's style.

Sorry guys, OT a bit.

Which brand of brake pad is good? Or do I go for stock?

Stock is sufficient. Can go for established brands like Bendix, Mintex, Ferrodo, Project MU etc.

thanks bros/sis for the response and info.

appreciate it.

Noted the part on how one drives and tips on not to have sudden slamming of brakes. Have been keeping that in mind as I drive as well to keep a relatively safe distance ahead.

At this point, I guess its usually early 40k or 60k which I see from your experiences.

I will specifically ask the mech to help me check on each servicing to be sure. Won't want to suffer the consequences either.

Do you guys recall how much does it cost when you change the brake pads?

You have to take into consideration the price of the brake pads, labour charges and sometimes the changing of brake fluid together as well.

Neutral Newbie

You have to take into consideration the price of the brake pads, labour charges and sometimes the changing of brake fluid together as well.

I see, so its not like only per item pricing but rather as a whole it comes together. thanks.

Edited by E-Jazz

As long as one doesn't drive like a F1 racer, the brake pad should last one a pretty long while [nod]

Mine @ 130,000km still using the same set of brake pads from day 1 [drivingcar]

When you send your ride for servicing, the mechanics would definately service your brakes and from there, they will advise you accordingly [nod] otherwise you could also look at your brake pads from naked eyes and check on the thickness [nod]

Neutral Newbie

As long as one doesn't drive like a F1 racer, the brake pad should last one a pretty long while [nod]

When you send your ride for servicing, the mechanics would definately service your brakes and from there, they will advise you accordingly [nod] otherwise you could also look at your brake pads from naked eyes and check on the thickness [nod]

Thanks =)

WOW! It must be a Mazda!!! ^_^

hi i just bought a set of brake pads [for left and right front wheels] from Chop Aik Huat at Waterloo Street for just $20-00 incld gst for my Nissan Sunny. And went to JB workshop at Skudai and paid labout charge of RM$20-00 to have it changed. Total cost to change the brake pads = about S$30-00 !!!

After changing the brake pads, went to Giant at Skudai for shopping.

There are so many workshops around Skudai area - just drive around and you are bound to spot them.

The brake pads work just fine and I'm happy!

I also bought Tokiko shock absorbers for just S$126-00 for front left and right wheels and so far the performance is fine. :D