BMW X1

Mockngbrd

Nice!

When I see Picture 3, like the car quite low...some carpark exits like jialat man..

not really, the ground clearance is actually quite high. Standard-fare for a soft-roader i guess.

Looks low because the slope taken from is actually quite steep, climbing up with my slippers also difficult... kept slipping... hahaha

nice is the interior roomy? how the fc

Can't quote you on the FC, i didn't check. But it was decent. Interior's nice up front, for the back is just decent. I thought it was ok, maybe tight for 3 ppl, nice for 2.

How's the ride comfort and rear view? The rear view seems very clutered thus creating a lot of blind spots.

but interior is crap leh.....machiam tucson [laugh] [laugh]

How's the ride comfort and rear view? The rear view seems very clutered thus creating a lot of blind spots.

this kind of vehicle is a lifestyle vehicle....a crossover vehicle.....

forget about practicality.....

there will be blind spots aplenty.....

The X1 review in one_shift.com gave comments like "stiffly sprung suspension" and "relatively low ride height". Kinda unusually for crossover or SUV. Expecting softer suspension for comfortable ride since the power to weight figures(150hp, 200Nm, Kerb weight 1505kg) does not hint anything sporty. I dun think FC will fair very well either.

The one in the review has grey interior while TS's is beige. The grey interior does look kinda plasticky with not so nice plastics on the centre console and dash, my opinion. Perhaps it's the camera they are using, very "un-vivid" colours. TS 's pics are way better. Gotto go see the real thing for myself.

The X1 review in one_shift.com gave comments like "stiffly sprung suspension" and "relatively low ride height". Kinda unusually for crossover or SUV. Expecting softer suspension for comfortable ride since the power to weight figures(150hp, 200Nm, Kerb weight 1505kg) does not hint anything sporty. I dun think FC will fair very well either.

The one in the review has grey interior while TS's is beige. The grey interior does look kinda plasticky with not so nice plastics on the centre console and dash, my opinion. Perhaps it's the camera they are using, very "un-vivid" colours. TS 's pics are way better. Gotto go see the real thing for myself.

a crossover vehicle is a mix between SUV and hatchback.....

so you'd have the low ride height of hatchback, but utility looks of an SUV still.....

a good example would be the Nissan Qashqai and Juke.....

(not comparing the X1 with the Nissan's though, don't get me wrong).....

just giving an idea of what a crossover vehicle actually is.....

a crossover vehicle is a mix between SUV and hatchback.....

so you'd have the low ride height of hatchback, but utility looks of an SUV still.....

a good example would be the Nissan Qashqai and Juke.....

(not comparing the X1 with the Nissan's though, don't get me wrong).....

just giving an idea of what a crossover vehicle actually is.....

To me it's no point a crossover or SUV having a stiff ride. Once the ride height is raised the character and handling of the car is dynamically changed, no matter how the manufacturer stiffen the suspension. And since like you said it's some lifestyle vehicle might as well make it comfortable with softer suspension.

They already have the 1 series. They can make this one as stiff as they like. Although the X1 is using the same platform but it does not have to perform like the 1 series hatch.

To me it's no point a crossover or SUV having a stiff ride. Once the ride height is raised the character and handling of the car is dynamically changed, no matter how the manufacturer stiffen the suspension. And since like you said it's some lifestyle vehicle might as well make it comfortable with softer suspension.

They already have the 1 series. They can make this one as stiff as they like. Although the X1 is using the same platform but it does not have to perform like the 1 series hatch.

erh, the X1 is based on the 3-series touring platform/ chassis???

and it's a BMW....how can you not expect a stiff ride??? [laugh]

erh, the X1 is based on the 3-series touring platform/ chassis???

and it's a BMW....how can you not expect a stiff ride??? [laugh]

Oh yeah. Based on 3 series platform, my mistake.

Aiya, so stiff for what?

↡ Advertisement