Latest news : SAF Apache heli

Adrianli

Didnt know Woodlands got new military airbase. [laugh]

u mean u din know Sembawang Airbase stretch from Yishun/Chongpang area all the way to the border of Woodlands? it's huge lor.

The interesting thing now is how are they going to transport the heli back to base w/o creating a big hooha in front of the public.

I think they need to remove a few lamp post + proper ground for a heavy lift crane to enter the field. Anyone wana tender for the job??? [laugh]

Just passed Ave 12. The Ah64 sitting in the middle of the field near the new factory, new slip road.

Police have cordoned off the whole area + 1 lane heading towards Gambas. So expect traffic slow down.

Tail was broken off, but otherwise looks more like a heavy landing than actually 'crashed'.

Special Ops, Military police, TP and alot of SAF vehicles are there.

If the Apache can land intact without the tail section attached, then my respect for the pilots' excellent airmanship. R/C heli modellers will know that a helicopter without the tail rotor will do one thing - spin around and around.

More likely the Apache suffered engine or rotor main shaft failure and had to do a dead-stick/auto-rotation landing which was quite hard and resulted in the tail breaking off and bouncing far away.

Hope it is not a write off, but this doesn't look like one of the Longbow equipped Apaches. Maybe the radar is not installed.

Just passed Ave 12. The Ah64 sitting in the middle of the field near the new factory, new slip road.

Police have cordoned off the whole area + 1 lane heading towards Gambas. So expect traffic slow down.

Tail was broken off, but otherwise looks more like a heavy landing than actually 'crashed'.

Special Ops, Military police, TP and alot of SAF vehicles are there.

I also just passed by there. [:p]

How come nobody page for Radx? He has all the network.....

Hope it is not a write off, but this doesn't look like one of the Longbow equipped Apaches. Maybe the radar is not installed.

Hmm I thought all our apaches are longbow equipped? Strange that this one doesn't seem so. Maybe the radar dropped off during the landing haha.