Extremely bad jam tis mrn at KPE and Tampines Rd

Yahgo22

Can anyone know what was the cause of this mrn jam at KPE (Sengkang) towards AYE and Tampines Road?

Never experienced something like tis b4.

I thought another SAF plane crashed while making a forced landing at the nearby Paya Lebar Airbase.

↡ Advertisement

Can anyone know what was the cause of this mrn jam at KPE (Sengkang) towards AYE and Tampines Road?

Never experienced something like tis b4.

I thought another SAF plane crashed while making a forced landing at the nearby Paya Lebar Airbase.

accident inside the tunnel. 3 vehicles involved.

Bad.

Just few morn ago, 1 black civic wacked 1 motor-cyclist right before the KPE tunnel.

Rider injured and hope that his injuries is not serious.

Bad.

Just few morn ago, 1 black civic wacked 1 motor-cyclist right before the KPE tunnel.

Rider injured and hope that his injuries is not serious.

no wonder civic insurance up so much

didnt see any accident. and yes, the jam was baaaaaaad. while leaving home so telling myself that today traffic sure smooth cause children day and quite a number of parent would have to take leave. end up........ [shakehead]

didnt see any accident. and yes, the jam was baaaaaaad. while leaving home so telling myself that today traffic sure smooth cause children day and quite a number of parent would have to take leave. end up........ [shakehead]

This is the 2nd bad jam in the KPE this week.

Today earlier around 7.40am was bet a march and another jap car on lane 1. The march's backside was totally flatened...

The authorities should look into this matter. The low speed limit of 70km/h is causing everyone to bundled up together.... once in an e-brake situation, sure crash since everyone is keeping distance only about 1 car length away...

Today earlier around 7.40am was bet a march and another jap car on lane 1. The march's backside was totally flatened...

The authorities should look into this matter. The low speed limit of 70km/h is causing everyone to bundled up together.... once in an e-brake situation, sure crash since everyone is keeping distance only about 1 car length away...

Why would the low speed limit cause everyone to bundle up?

Are you kidding?

When ppl fail to keep a safe distance and is somewhat daydreaming while driving, caused accident and authorities should look into it? Very busy for them to do so, dun you think? Regardless of speed limit, ppl will still bundle up together cos it's morning peak hour jam. Look at other expressway peak hour traffic, speed limit 80 or 90km/hr, got difference or not?

Why not ppl keep their eyes open and stay focus on driving?

On CTE or PIE, most lane 1 vehicles are also near to the vehicle in front.

I witnessed a couple of e-braking situations resulting from tree pruning. Driving round a bend on lane 1, and you suddenly see a tree pruning truck at the end of the bend... E-BRAKE!!! KPE tunnels got no tree, so perhaps a percentage of e-brake scenarios eliminated.

All this accidents at KPE tunnel will only strengthen the argument by LTA to stick to 70kph, no road shoulder for evasive action. Previously the speed limit for expressway was only 80kph, only after a long and lengthy study did the authority agreed to raise the speedlimit to some sections to 90kph. A little more patience and less tailgating with less accidents then maybe, a very slim maybe, the authority will study into raising the speed limit. In the meantime, let us all do our part in reducing accidents and insurance premiums. [:(]

Neutral Newbie

Motorists just have to wake up to the fact that the speed limits are there for a purpose and must adjust their driving styles accordingly to ensure safety on the roads. End of the day, any accident causes ourselves inconvenience and loss be it monetary, time or health.

A little patience on the roads goes a very long way... Especially in Singapore where a little bit more allowance from the car in front and a little lighter foot to keep to speed limits is not going to make a huge difference in our total travelling time on this small island.

Why would the low speed limit cause everyone to bundle up?

The low speed limit + fear of speed cam does slow the traffic down significantly... some jokers will stick to 60km/h on the lanes 1 and 2 to play safe. Do you think at this low speed we still can afford the keeping of long distance from the car infront?

In theory the answer is yes. However, in reality, the low speed is frustrating everyone and everyone keeps like 1 car length distance. You have to take a ride in the KPE during peak hours to verify this. The situation is not helped by situation when it is clear for small pocket of opportunities for the cars to go faster e.g. the traffic is free for > 10 car length and the car in front is still happy crawling at 60km/h .

I drive in the KPE everyday during mornign and evening peak hours. The speed is really slow and most cars are raring to go. They should indeed increase the speed limit to 80km/h to ease the flow of the traffic by increasing the speed flow. 80lm/h is definitely still safe to drive in the KPE [thumbsup]

Edited by Fooblack

The low speed limit + fear of speed cam does slow the traffic down significantly... some jokers will stick to 60km/h on the lanes 1 and 2 to play safe. Do you think at this low speed we still can afford the keeping of long distance from the car infront?

In theory the answer is yes. However, in reality, the low speed is frustrating everyone and everyone keeps like 1 car length distance. You have to take a ride in the KPE during peak hours to verify this. Most cars are travelling from bumper to bumper. It is very scary but little choice cos the speed is already so slow.

I drive in the KPE everyday during mornign and evening peak hours. The speed is really slow and most cars are raring to go. They should indeed increase the speed limit to 80km/h to ease the flow of the traffic by increasing the speed flow. 80lm/h is definitely still safe to drive in the KPE [thumbsup]

Speed is slow because there's too many cars during peak period even if you increase to 100km/h you will still see the same thing

Speed is slow because there's too many cars during peak period even if you increase to 100km/h you will still see the same thing

yes and no. Certain segments of KPE (e.g. after certain exits) has less traffic even during peak hours. Space do open up significantly and drivers are obviously frustrated when cars still crawl around 50-60km/h when there are obviously space to go faster.

May I ask whether you use the KPE often?

I understand my points may be controversial. But the low speed limit is obviously having counter effect. You got to see it to believe it.

In theory the answer is yes. However, in reality, the low speed is frustrating everyone and everyone keeps like 1 car length distance. You have to take a ride in the KPE during peak hours to verify this. Most cars are travelling from bumper to bumper. It is very scary but little choice cos the speed is already so slow.

I agree. Some feasibility studies should be done and sometimes outcomes can be surprising. It is the simple mentality of "lower speed = lesser accidents", "just drive safely loh" that we should avoid. Alas, we dont run the show here.. I am just glad I do not use KPE.

impatience & failure to keep a safe distance is the cause [rolleyes]

yes and no. Certain segments of KPE (e.g. after certain exits) has less traffic even during peak hours. Space do open up significantly and drivers are obviously frustrated when cars still crawl around 50-60km/h when there are obviously space to go faster.

May I ask whether you use the KPE often?

I understand my points may be controversial. But the low speed limit is obviously having counter effect. You got to see it to believe it.

Just to back up my points slightly. I have also driven in CTE/PIE during peak hours daily before. At least once the traffic frees up, the vehicles can pick up significant speed and clear the roads.

But the tailgating seriousness bumper-to-bumper situation in the KPE is something which is very different. Almost every car is doing it due to low speed of moving traffic. At certain times when space frees up, cars are still hesitant to pick up speed and hog the faster lanes. Frustration inevitably sets in.

Just my personal observations and I may well be totally wrong. and I know it is against the logic - low speed limit = safer roads. However, we should be mindful that at certain breaking point, the opposite can very well happen too.

↡ Advertisement