I think I May Need to change my Tyres Soon.....

Mini-itx

I realised that my tyres are manufactured way back in 2005!! It still have quite a bit of thread left but wet handling is rather poor esp. when cornering and braking. The front tends to lock up.

How much life do you think I have in my tyres before I need to change them?

Then I am thinking of changing to Federal 595 tyres. Read good reviews about them except for tyre noise which is ok with me. Btw, is staggered config recommended? Thinking of running 225/40/18 for fronts and 255/35/18 for rears. My car is 4WD but I want to make sure I have good rear grip so it won't fish take or spin out under hard cornering.

Do you think its a good idea?

↡ Advertisement

Eh, think you threading(pun intended) on serious danger man...suggest you change ASAP.

2005 tyres may be hard and in wet, may cause you to have ineffective braking and thus increase chances of a crash....for the sake of your family, do change

Eh, think you threading(pun intended) on serious danger man...suggest you change ASAP.

2005 tyres may be hard and in wet, may cause you to have ineffective braking and thus increase chances of a crash....for the sake of your family, do change

Altho you are my online enemy...such things dun pray pray......try Hankook....for your size of tyres, I was quoted 208/pc

Altho you are my online enemy...such things dun pray pray......try Hankook....for your size of tyres, I was quoted 208/pc

18inch tyres @ 208/piece?

not bad

reasonable.

i always thought it'll hit 240++

you cant be taking him seriously do u?... [sweatdrop]

you cant be taking him seriously do u?... [sweatdrop]

Is there a need for me to joke on such things? If I want to joke or seek attention, I would rather post in general forums than here right?

OK, thanks for the advice, I owe you one.

Is there a need for me to joke on such things? If I want to joke or seek attention, I would rather post in general forums than here right?

huh??... from all your previous post, u seems to be the "old bird" in car knowledge and suddenly, u realised u have very old tyres and not knowing it?...... ummm....... [confused]

I agree with the bros above... any tyres more than 4 years old are in danger of a blow-out at high speeds especially if you park regularly under the hot sun. Please change out the tyres soon regardless of the thread left.

OK, thanks for the advice, I owe you one.

Please do soon man...the one at Woodlands is pretty friendly....quite highly rated by the bros here

↡ Advertisement