Renovation Cost

Robo

I just wanna do some research for renovation.

would appreciate if ppl who have experience share with me some issues on costing.

basically i have been told that marble flooring is very expensive. exactly how expensive is it?

i have been told it can be as cheap as under $10k for the whole house. i wonder if its true. i also have been told that it could cost up to $30k just for that. as it depends on the grading of the marble.

so basically how expensive is it? like marble vs. homogeneous vs. normal ceramic vs. lets say granite. (is there other choices ?)

appreciate alot! :D

↡ Advertisement

would appreciate if ppl who have experience share with me some issues on costing.

basically i have been told that marble flooring is very expensive. exactly how expensive is it?

i have been told it can be as cheap as under $10k for the whole house. i wonder if its true. i also have been told that it could cost up to $30k just for that. as it depends on the grading of the marble.

so basically how expensive is it? like marble vs. homogeneous vs. normal ceramic vs. lets say granite. (is there other choices ?)

they sell by per piece or per feet.... so it depends what you need.....

too many variables.... for eg: big or small and the different types....

i know my friend did up his whole house for less than $40k (appliances not included).. including marble flooring for master room and living room... kitchen not very sure

i would recommend you go tile shop to ask... to have a clearer picture

they sell by per piece or per feet.... so it depends what you need.....

too many variables.... for eg: big or small and the different types....

i know my friend did up his whole house for less than $40k (appliances not included).. including marble flooring for master room and living room... kitchen not very sure

i would recommend you go tile shop to ask... to have a clearer picture

is there tile shops u have in mind?

my friend is doing renovation, i can help you ask if you interested... which location you want....

its not happening now actually just doing some research. area of the house is 110sqm

Range from $4.50 to S$30.00 or above per square feet before counting the working fees.

Yes, 10K possible for package, but you will rather not take it.

This one have to depend on what you chose. got too many different type and price liao.

some homo is more expensive than Marble and some Ceramic are more expensive than Homo. [sweatdrop]

its not happening now actually just doing some research. area of the house is 110sqm

you but 10 to 15 years 5 room huh? the one with Square living room one is zi??

Range from $4.50 to S$30.00 or above per square feet before counting the working fees.

Yes, 10K possible for package, but you will rather not take it.

This one have to depend on what you chose. got too many different type and price liao.

some homo is more expensive than Marble and some Ceramic are more expensive than Homo. [sweatdrop]

thanks for the heads up.. :D

thanks for the heads up.. :D

for Homo and Ceramic tiles pricing. you can go Seng Soon Huat at toh guan to have a feel. there at level 2 also got show room for you to have some idea what you want to do with you house. [thumbsup]

for marble and Granite not very sure but know that Sungei Gedot (spelling) there got a few warehouse (sales and ware house together)

you but 10 to 15 years 5 room huh? the one with Square living room one is zi??

basically its the current HDB BTO design. i didnt op for the flooring thus the need to research.

post-30579-1286252001_thumb.jpg

for Homo and Ceramic tiles pricing. you can go Seng Soon Huat at toh guan to have a feel. there at level 2 also got show room for you to have some idea what you want to do with you house. [thumbsup]

for marble and Granite not very sure but know that Sungei Gedot (spelling) there got a few warehouse (sales and ware house together)

i shall go check this seng soon huat some time. they have marble?

basically its the current HDB BTO design. i didnt op for the flooring thus the need to research.

ah.. the new design one... okay.

the only problem with BTO i have with hdb is that they have this stupid Corridor.

i shall go check this seng soon huat some time. they have marble?

yes. but minium...

you want marble. later tonight i go find the address and PM you.

erm.. i am actually asking you... which location you prefer the tile shop to be so that it is more convi for you to go and find them.....and check out what you need

opp jamiyah children's home at changi road, across eunos darul aman mosque

u better bring along floor plan for an estimate material costing.. there should able to quote off from floor area , excluding labour/works

i embarking on home reno ... starting nov... double my initial budget BUT with accessories/lightings..

you can get more info from renotalk forum

marble got many diff grades and type etc..

some like ferrara or fiorentino etc are more exp... for 110sqm approx 20-30k

some are pretty cheap...

even same type of marble also got grade diff due to colour etc some got porosity ... so need to get a trusted contractor to help check throughly..

otherwise once installed then LLST

also keep a couple of pieces spare handy in the store room... might be useful in future....

marble also depend from which countries you choose from .....

Italian marble is more expensive than China or any other neighbouring countries. Its also depend on the type of pattern and colour. I did my whole house Italian marble (hall, 4 rooms & storeroom) for 28k in 1988 which is equal to $22/- per piece of 1' by 2'. The shine had last me for the past 22years.

Laying natural marble also depend on your contractor expertise & skill as you will never get a same pattern for every each marble pieces.

You might like to try homogeneous tiles of marble pattern of which, the pattern are the same for every pieces. Nowadays, the homogeneous tiles comes in various sizes like the 1' by 2' or the 2' by 2'. Compare to marble, homogeneous are much cheaper by more than 50%.

↡ Advertisement