Renovation Cost

Robo

erm.. i am actually asking you... which location you prefer the tile shop to be so that it is more convi for you to go and find them.....and check out what you need

eh.... which ever location doesnt matter. :D

beggars cant be choosers. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

ah.. the new design one... okay.

the only problem with BTO i have with hdb is that they have this stupid Corridor.

the one i chose is the corner so doesnt really matter. :D

yes. but minium...

you want marble. later tonight i go find the address and PM you.

thanks! :D

Neutral Newbie

Infact its a matter of ur preference & if the material matches other finishes of the reno. Marble , granite r natural stone tat come in many different quatlity....oso country of origin & the natural grains make a whole lot diff in $$$..

Marble which is a weaker stone & more porous as compared to granite, chances of having water, oil or other liquid substance absord into it is high.

However, marble have got better grains & color.

Pricing for natural stone very much depends on the size of cut, grains & color, country of origin as mentioned. So is very much abt wat u want & how much u willing to throw in.

Standard 600 x 600 r most commonly used

opp jamiyah children's home at changi road, across eunos darul aman mosque

u better bring along floor plan for an estimate material costing.. there should able to quote off from floor area , excluding labour/works

i embarking on home reno ... starting nov... double my initial budget BUT with accessories/lightings..

you can get more info from renotalk forum

thank u thank u! :D

curtains, lightings, furniture and bedding are all much cheaper in malaysia... i got mine from there and my fren who just bought a place also bought from there.... looking at 50% cheaper for most things... fyi

recently my colleague went to msia to shop for his new place. its troublesome as he gotta carry them back

but....

30-50% saving cmf.

marble also depend from which countries you choose from .....

Italian marble is more expensive than China or any other neighbouring countries. Its also depend on the type of pattern and colour. I did my whole house Italian marble (hall, 4 rooms & storeroom) for 28k in 1988 which is equal to $22/- per piece of 1' by 2'. The shine had last me for the past 22years.

Laying natural marble also depend on your contractor expertise & skill as you will never get a same pattern for every each marble pieces.

You might like to try homogeneous tiles of marble pattern of which, the pattern are the same for every pieces. Nowadays, the homogeneous tiles comes in various sizes like the 1' by 2' or the 2' by 2'. Compare to marble, homogeneous are much cheaper by more than 50%.

i was thinking if the cost of marble is too ex. i might just go homogeneous as the other day i went to my colleague's place. her flooring is swee i tot was marble cuz of the cooling feel and the shine. but its actually homogeneous tiles.. rather impressive i feel

another good location for lightings...

their prices are cheaper by 30-40% or more as compared to nearby lighting shops... words has it this is the 'black sheep' of the industry... for selling too cheap to consumers....

http://www.lightings.com.sg/

....some of the items could well be below cost. I really don't know how they do it.

Edited by Silver_blade

don't marble the whole house. zone your home using different materials eg marble for living/dining, parquay (typo?) for bedrooms for a more cozy feel, and non slip homo for kitchen and bathrooms.

marble and granite are porous so you need to know that if there is spillage and is left there for some time, the floor will be stained and cannot be easily removed. You will forever have a visible stain mark depending on the colour of the marble/granite.

Marble = no grout lines which is a nice feeling to the feet and of course no ugly and dirty grout lines later on.

the other materials all have grout lines.

Marble is damn hard so if a toddler falls and hits the head, damn freaking painful.

Marble = very slippery when wet so if got old folks, pls take care.

Marble = swee when highly polished. But over time, there will be many faint scratches which will tarnish the shine and gloss which means repolishing which is damn sian, messy (remove all furniture and they use water in the polishing process which means your wooden custom made furniture will kanna) and costly (11 years ago I did approx $2000 for whole house except kitchen).

Marble = cool feeling to the feet even during hot weather. Shiok!

Big house use big pieces very swee. Small house use big pieces make the house smaller.

You know got artificial/man-made marble? Almost same price as real marble but you can control the colour and pigmentation (you can't control the colour, streaks of real marble). All other characterisitics are the same as real marble.

there are some tile shops at balestier road (near to the Thomson Medical Centre end) which you can go look see look see. Not sure if they have marble though. Nearby got a laksa shop (inside an old kopitiam) there very nice. Good for a light lunch. $3 only. LTA parking lots. Free after 5pm and on Sun.

good info! thank u! :D

That's correct! Taugraus I think. Total of 3 different shops there side by side. Got try the laksa there? Good leh.

wah... my late grandma's place around there for 50years yet i didnt know there gt tile shop! [laugh]

i was thinking as proposed by wife to be. living room marble can liao. rooms parquet(dunno if wrong spelling) or laminated. but i was thinking all uniform if possible.

den kitchen and toilet go ceramic. toilets go those non slip kind.

Sorry OT a bit, anyone try epoxy flooring? Quote 8k for living rm epoxy flooring, u all think the price ok?

wad is epoxy?

gt picture?

one of my friend go china buy everything... beddings... furniture .. lightings ... and ship everything back in container...

that will be super cheap but abit too troublesome for me liao... cuz i buy basic things nia...

the one i chose is the corner so doesnt really matter. :D

look like i didn't really clarify that clearly.

I mean the stupid corridor in the home which lead to all the rooms and Toilets. [laugh]

recently my colleague went to msia to shop for his new place. its troublesome as he gotta carry them back

but....

30-50% saving cmf.

furniture can send..... lightings must cash and carry but if buy around same time... just send to the furniture shop and get them send in together...

just an alternative for you if on tight budget

↡ Advertisement