All the best to parents of PSLE candidates

Jman888

All the best students for their psle. I gone thru as parent two years ago. Sibei stress for the parents. But @tianmo jin relax. Your son math and science is good, fit well into SST.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Feel sorry for kids in many schools who did badly for science prelims.

I was told that these primary schools (majority) were lenient in marking science papers, from pri 3 all the way to prelims. Only in prelims were they forced to enforce psle level marking. And it showed. If your kids had been scoring well for science and suddenly it plummetted for prelims, thats the reason.

Rationale is doing psle level marking too early would see many low scores and discourage them from science.

So these kids have to unlearn and relearn answering science questions in a matter of weeks.

• Praise 1

I was told that these primary schools (majority) were lenient in marking science papers, from pri 3 all the way to prelims. Only in prelims were they forced to enforce psle level marking. And it showed. If your kids had been scoring well for science and suddenly it plummetted for prelims, thats the reason.

Rationale is doing psle level marking too early would see many low scores and discourage them from science.

So these kids have to unlearn and relearn answering science questions in a matter of weeks.

dont think so bro! Usually pre-lims are much tougher than the actual paper. The paper are set and marked in-house so there is no uniformity......but psle is national level and is much fairer as the papers are the same and marked at the same centre.
  • Praise 2

wah....sst....so atas! My daugyter gets into BPGH i happy liao. But she say she wants Riverside.....good school in Wdlands but i prefer Swiss cottage as got teaching friends there!

• Praise 1

All the best students for their psle. I gone thru as parent two years ago. Sibei stress for the parents. But @tianmo jin relax. Your son math and science is good, fit well into SST.

Thats what we think also, lucky can get CO, so can relac a bit. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

My boy's school started PSLE kind of answering since P4. He did well for science in P3, and then Q1 suddenly result dropped, during PTC the teachers told us to adjust to PSLE kind of answers, no more short simple answers. After that he adjusted and and never look back since.  ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

wah....sst....so atas! My daugyter gets into BPGH i happy liao. But she say she wants Riverside.....good school in Wdlands but i prefer Swiss cottage as got teaching friends there!ðð

BPGH is a very good school. Cut off is very high, on high side of 240+.Their national science challenge team is very strong.

BPGH is a very good school. Cut off is very high, on high side of 240+.Their national science challenge team is very strong.

i know.....hahaha! Must gibe my daughter high expectation mar......dont want those faraway Bukit Timah area school as an example.....nearest is BPGH....lol.

i know.....hahaha! Must gibe my daughter high expectation mar......dont want those faraway Bukit Timah area school as an example.....nearest is BPGH....lol.

How about Orchard in 2018 and then Bishan in 2019?   :D

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 1

RGS moving in 2019 ar. Didn't know that.

Yup.  Think they going to have a big gathering for the Anderson campus girls to take pictures, reminisce etc. before they officially move house.  

Yup.  Think they going to have a big gathering for the Anderson campus girls to take pictures, reminisce etc. before they officially move house.  

The batch of 97' (my year mates) just had their 20th year class reunion 

wah jin stress... my son also taking...

i will clear some leave to see if i can be of any (last-minute) help.... but he not stressed... which makes me even more worried....

• Praise 4

wah jin stress... my son also taking...

i will clear some leave to see if i can be of any (last-minute) help.... but he not stressed... which makes me even more worried....

my daughter came home and cried like a baby after her maths prelims. Thought she quarrelled with her mum so i asked her Turns out she was worried that she did badly for her maths! Kns.......me and the missus also became worried. Sakali when get results..........waliao! Make us stress for nothing!
↡ Advertisement