• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
588 replies to this topic | 724 praises

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

Obscurest
  • Premium member
    Obscurest
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Folks would like to know more info about this car. Those who own it or test driv before, care to share?

1) reliability. As tis is a Citroën which I ve heard a lot of negative news about it before (NOTE: in the past) thus would like to know is this a problematic car? Issues like gear issue, engine etc.

2) if I dun go back to agt for servicing, are there a lot of werkshop outside who can service tis car?

3) generally is this a good car to drive? I'm currently driving a forestor. I'm impressed by the interior but have yet to test drive as would like to gather more info first.

4) not sure if this is a good Q to ask... Pardon me if not. I ve a chance as this owner is selling but is a CNG. Let's not look at other issues but will u consider a CNG as a good option or will not?
Thks.

Edited by Deeq, 25 March 2015 - 05:14 PM.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

1) no much issue
2) yes
3) yes

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Folks would like to know more info about this car. Those who own it or test driv before, care to share?

1) reliability. As tis is a CitroŽn which I ve heard a lot of negative news about it before (NOTE: in the past) thus would like to know is this a problematic car? Issues like gear issue, engine etc.

2) if I dun go back to agt for servicing, are there a lot of werkshop outside who can service tis car?

3) generally is this a good car to drive? I'm currently driving a forestor. I'm impressed by the interior but have yet to test drive as would like to gather more info first.

Thks.

Please do a search, this car is already being discussed
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

Obscurest
  • Premium member
    Obscurest
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Sorry about not searching. Cos is too urgent as the chance is here so wana know fast.

Btw I forgot to add one more Q. If is a CNG car. Worth to buy?

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

no
cng cars are never worth to buy
u lose too much performance and parf

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

Obscurest
  • Premium member
    Obscurest
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

no
cng cars are never worth to buy
u lose too much performance and parf

Wow. That's a fast response. Thks bro.

I ve heard tat CNG cars generally will not be tat responsive as compare to non CNG car. Just tat not sure how bad or big diff are they.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Sorry about not searching. Cos is too urgent as the chance is here so wana know fast.

Btw I forgot to add one more Q. If is a CNG car. Worth to buy?

If it's dirt cheap, yes.

Otherwise no. Don't forget there way some upfront rebate the 1st owner got, which reduces the value of the car.

You also get to lug around an extra person all the time. The cng tank weights easily 50 kg.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

cng in a mpv is totally useless
that tank totally kills the full van rear load potential of any mpv

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:21 AM

Obscurest
  • Premium member
    Obscurest
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Thks folks.

Think will give tis car a miss as seems like this car is selling at 3k cheaper than the mkt rate.

Thks.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

Typhoonz
  • Premium member
    Typhoonz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thks folks.

Think will give tis car a miss as seems like this car is selling at 3k cheaper than the mkt rate.

Thks.

Don't you even want to go down for a test drive? It's free and nothing beats testing the car yourself... I did test drive the car and it's a great ride... I wanted to get a 2nd hand one (2.0L) but no fate as it was sold even before I can bring the Mrs down to see... Like what Furry said, most of the problems are rectified and it's a great car with good safety features...

Even if you have your eyes on others makes, do go down and experiencel the car... I would get one if I have the money...

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:09 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thks folks.

Thks.

cheap scare, expensive complain..... laugh.gif

Edited by Tom_kkh, 08 October 2010 - 09:09 AM.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:12 AM

Typhoonz
  • Premium member
    Typhoonz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cheap scare, expensive complain..... laugh.gif

Most will always go for the safer bet... TS should really go for a test drive before writting the car off... I was very impressed with it... biggrin.gif

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is Singapore, Singapore, Singaporeans....... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Most will always go for the safer bet... TS should really go for a test drive before writting the car off... I was very impressed with it... biggrin.gif

no wonder some car dealers sell their car much higher compare to their competitiors.. They try to make us feel at "ease" tongue.gif

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

Typhoonz
  • Premium member
    Typhoonz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no wonder some car dealers sell their car much higher compare to their competitiors.. They try to make us feel at "ease" tongue.gif

The price of the GP is now below that of a Stream from Kah Motors... 117k vs 120k... COE just went up so probably it's +2 - 3k more?

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

EllaEmma
  • Premium member
    EllaEmma
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Pros
1. Panoramic windscreen gives a 'Cockpit' feeling, very fantastic driving & front passenger experience.
2. Spacious and not difficult to configure seats to needs.
3. Many compartments, including a cooled compartment that maintain items in low temperature.
4. Europe driving style, left-side headlight+directional arrow control, right-side windscreen wipers.
5. Electronic information display panel.
6. Steering wheel wtih majority controls on it.
- Cruise control
- Speed limiter
- Display panel options
- Audio player
etc
7. Shift paddle allow you to over-ride gear increase/decrease without moving hands. (Behind steering wheel)
8. Persistent unbuckled belt warning during drive. (its actually a safety feature) *Pro & Con*
9. 3-points seat belt for all 2nd row seats.
10. Clear view from huge side-mirrors
11. Convenient access to child-lock control localted at driver's side door panel.

Cons
1. My daily city driving route does not allow good FC.
2. I dislike the 'peeling off' of interior 'rubberish-painted' buttons, handle, buttons etc over time.
3. Persistent unbuckled belt warning during drive. (its actually a safety feature) *Pro & Con*
4. Tiring car wash...
5. Rear row safety (typical MPV concern)
6. 4 speed

So far, these are the experience I encountered from driving a 3 years old C4GP (2.0L). All the driving pleasure surpassed the above-mentioned cons. Cannot comment on maintenance yet.

Hope it helps.

Edited by EllaEmma, 08 October 2010 - 10:14 AM.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:15 AM

Yattokame
  • Premium member
    Yattokame
    6th Gear
    Author Image

This is the review I contributed on sgcarmart. Awaiting delivery of the car.

Serendipity

Comfort : 5 / 5 Reliability : 3 / 5
Handling : 3 / 5 Features : 5 / 5
Exterior styling : 4 / 5 Interior design : 5 / 5
Value for the money : 4 / 5 Engine performance : 5 / 5

Would you recommend this vehicle to a friend? : Yes

Review
I've never taken a fancy to MPV's; previous 3 of my 5 cars were sports cars. Due to an expanding family, space is the number one priority.

One morning when my family was having breakfast at IKEA, we wanted to go have a look at some other car brands but somehow ended up in Citroen as we have never seen the new showroom. I wasn't very keen as sgcarmart labels it as a 4 speed auto; turns out to be a 6 speed EGS (semi-auto). Coupled with a 1.6 turbo engine, it is a deadly efficient urban people mover.

Very very pleasantly surprised by what the C4 Grand Picasso offers; ended up buying two (with my in-laws).

Other perks for ownership: free servicing and the buy-back scheme. Definitely a huge attraction for brand loyalty.

Lets in a lot of light through a lot of glass. Panoramic roof and the windscreen. Almost feels like driving a convertible but without the noise and smell. Also sun visors for the 2nd row, and glass for A-pillars. No worries for frontal blind spots.

Temp- adjustable air-con in 2nd row and air con vents in 3rd row. Air con can also be switched on even with the engine off. Very good for passengers in the car while topping up petrol.

2nd row seats are individually adjustable, and ingress to 3rd row is easy: the 2nd row seats just fold up entirely.

Went for a very long test drives on all types of roads. Definitely a cruiser on highways, and a tad bumpy on lesser roads. Maybe taller tyres will help?
Reset the on board computer and found the avg FC for my one hour drive is about 12km/L with a full load; didn't check for the subsequent test drives.

Engine was very useful in pulling its hefty 1.6tonne body with 7 passengers at the low range; anyway that is all about city driving; max torque at low rpm.

Plenty of cubby holes and storage spaces, as well as a separate mirror for looking at your passengers / kids.

At the end of the day, everyone gave a nod of approval. Maybe it's because they can enjoy the car without having to pay for it. Doesn't matter; for I know my family will be happy. And that matters most.

I was looking for a boring MPV but I found joy.
Serendipity is priceless.

What I like
The small but punchy engine
Low road tax and FC
EGS -- used to drive a 156 selespeed; love it.
Smart parking brake
Plenty of cubby holes
Lets in plenty of light
Versatility of seats
Adjustable air con on 2nd row
Air con for 3rd row

What I do not like
Bumpy over lesser roads
EGS could be a bane for some buyers; but they have to realize they will grow to like it

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

Obscurest
  • Premium member
    Obscurest
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Folks

thks for all the info.

The reason why I dun wana go for test drive becos is a cng. Heard tat power will b compromise n worst of all, I'm not a sensitive driver.

Anyway just came back frm test drive n true enough I really dun know if the power is compromised.

Now I ve a few Q about the CNG

1) Are there a lot of difference in power between a CNG n a non CNG car?

2) How many Km a full tank CNG can travelled?

3) anybody owned a CNG car n regret it n why?

Sorry though I may ve driven a few cars but I really only know how to drive but very poor in feeling the car.

A lot of times I ve to rely on friends to test drive for me.

Thks for all the help and at the same time sorry for my stupid Qs.

Thks

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Folks

thks for all the info.

The reason why I dun wana go for test drive becos is a cng. Heard tat power will b compromise n worst of all, I'm not a sensitive driver.

Anyway just came back frm test drive n true enough I really dun know if the power is compromised.

Now I ve a few Q about the CNG

1) Are there a lot of difference in power between a CNG n a non CNG car?

2) How many Km a full tank CNG can travelled?

3) anybody owned a CNG car n regret it n why?

Sorry though I may ve driven a few cars but I really only know how to drive but very poor in feeling the car.

A lot of times I ve to rely on friends to test drive for me.

Thks for all the help and at the same time sorry for my stupid Qs.

Thks

I dont own a CNG car. but my father used to drive a CnG Taxi. (remove liao.)

Yes power is compromised.

2ndly, for own car, you are compromising the space of your car boot.
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

for cng u have to lug a 50kg tank, lose the boot space, lose the option of full flat floor loading ease
cng burns hotter and more wear and tear on all components from injectors to seals/rings
cng is dry, poor lubrication unlike petrol
limited cng stations in bird no lay egg places
u lose 20-25% power
cng is best pumped when cold temp to get more "weight" rather than volume
cng stations do NOT run from a main cng pipeline, they have lousy pressure
only the one run by union for the red colour taxi has a main pipeline and its for taxi use only with a 1hr queue

weigh the pros and cons
i dont think there is any pro in the first place, our vehicle system (LTA/ENV/SLA..etc) are not hybrid/biofuel/cng/any form of fuel other than petrol/diesel friendly

good cars dont deserve to run on second grade fuel

Edited by Furrynadz, 08 October 2010 - 02:01 PM.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Citroen C4 Picasso Diesel

Citroen C4 Picasso Diesel  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kazuya  |  4th Gear

Futuristic and Spacious

Test drove the Citroen C4 Picasso Diesel 2 weeks ago. The car looks futuristic and classy. Handling is decently smooth and the pickup is great for a 5 seater MPV. Comfort wise, it went over humps really well and you don't feel much from it (C... » Read More

Citroen C4 Picasso Diesel

Citroen C4 Picasso Diesel  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Taiping1943  |  Neutral Newbie

A car with a character of its own !

I have driven the C4 Picasso II 1.6 eHDi ETG6 for slightly more than 6 months without experiencing any problems. It is not a car for the ordinary motorist. It has a distinctive character of its own. For those who know how to appreciate it,... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Citroen C4 Picasso Diesel

Quick Reply

Tags: citroen, picasso, citroen c4 and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users