Citroen C4 Picasso

Obscurest

Part of it depends on your annual mileage. 9 or 10 years won't be a problem with any modern car (regardless if jap conti korea etc) if mileage is low over that period.

My mileage probably 120 to 150k for 10 years. But if like the ride too much keep driving maybe can hit 160 to 180k... haaa

↡ Advertisement

Part of it depends on your annual mileage. 9 or 10 years won't be a problem with any modern car (regardless if jap conti korea etc) if mileage is low over that period.

My mileage probably 120 to 150k for 10 years. But if like the ride too much keep driving maybe can hit 160 to 180k... haaa

hi... c4 picasso is one of the car that i seriously considering to replace my 9 years old mazda 3 sp....

are conti car so bad that it can't last the full 9 to 10 years?

and are the spare parts so expensive?

btw, SE is offering me 5 years free servicing... parts and labour... 

so tempting... currently this c4 and hrv is front runner for my replacement.

why conti car cant last >10yrs? probably the older one.....

yes, although they have some little problem mainly due to a lot of electronics and Euro 5/6 compliance that add in a lot more sensor, mechanical parts like suspension, drive shalf, engine and gearbox is reliable at least to me....I am also think renew COE if coe is still hover at this range and is not worth paying $12/13K per year for a car...

Another point to note is that although you might not travel a lot, likely 12-15K per year, don't forget right now crude oil is around 50USD per barrel.

What happen if crude oil go >100 per barrel and you can imagine the pump price for 95 or 08 petrol.......long run, I think diesel still cheap to run unless.....

Zafira18 - ur C4GP is still running strong! I sold mine when it was 6.5 years old in Apr this year,the C4GP served me well, it was one of the few affordable mini MPV which can accomodate 2 child seats together with an adult at the same time in the middle row. The car was quite problem free for the initial 80k km till topping up of engine oil (~1L/3500km) occured and this persisted till i sold off the car at 140k km. Other than engine oil & normal wear and tear, also had an aircon flap issue and a cracked turbo pipe. The car was traded in with CnC 6months ago, got the B180 as we no longer need child seats. Would have bought the C4P if not because we wanted to try another made.

the engine leak is due to the engine top mount and gasket...is a common fault for this engine block.

Cnc will charge you few K for repair but I get it done for <$500...

And I notice in order to keep the car fit and strong, we really have to drive it hard and high rpm.....main problem for this car is carbon built up which I think is common for turbo car cos fuel and air mix is richer...

Another point to note is that although you might not travel a lot, likely 12-15K per year, don't forget right now crude oil is around 50USD per barrel.

What happen if crude oil go >100 per barrel and you can imagine the pump price for 95 or 08 petrol.......long run, I think diesel still cheap to run unless.....

By then bro, to keep in line with petrol increase, diesel will have special tax that probably be the price of petrol now.

btw, how much is the yearly road tax for c4 picasso?

my mazda 3 is $371 for 1/2 year. which is 742 for 1 year.

1.6T petrol $742 per year. 1.6T diesel $1344 per year...

Thanks brother, glad to see another mcf old bird around the same time i joined still posting in the forum.

Your insight is quite useful for me who has been torn between zafira and c4gp. My wife and kids all prefer the latter but i typically prefer german built and tune. But i must say c4gp has won me over considerably that it is tough call choosing either one.

Have you driven the c4gp on the NSH? I am wondering with the low hp, will it be breathless at high speeds on the NSH.

Ace, good to see you around too :)

The power figure looks low, but remember, there is a massive 300 Nm of torque to play with at just 1,750 rpm. Considering that highway driving rarely needs more than 3,000 rpm, the Grand Picasso actually produces more power than my previous S-Max at the revv range normal people use. I never really realised what this meant until I did an overtake the other day, and the Citroen just went, no need for a downshift, way past 100 km/h a little too easily. It isn't a sports car, but I think it will handle NSH no problem.

The power figure looks low, but remember, there is a massive 300 Nm of torque to play with at just 1,750 rpm. Considering that highway driving rarely needs more than 3,000 rpm, the Grand Picasso actually produces more power than my previous S-Max at the revv range normal people use. I never really realised what this meant until I did an overtake the other day, and the Citroen just went, no need for a downshift, way past 100 km/h a little too easily. It isn't a sports car, but I think it will handle NSH no problem.

hehe wow.........with your insight, my heart is almost set.  thanks for the clarification, brother.

seansene, just to clarify, the version of s-max you driving previously is the NA or TC one ?  petrol or diesel?

seansene, just to clarify, the version of s-max you driving previously is the NA or TC one ?  petrol or diesel?

It was the 2.3l NA, with 160hp. No way the Picasso will have more power at any revv range than the 240hp Ecoboost! [laugh]  

Turbocharged

That's under the assumption that Singapore is not using petrodiesel, which is derived from crude oil...

wan to increase HP and torque can easily add on this....

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Diesel-chip-tuning-box-Citroen-Xsara-Picasso-Grand-C4-1-4-1-6-2-0-HDi-/181335844743?hash=item2a38756787:g:VKAAAOxyBjBTRSIn

• Praise 1

By then bro, to keep in line with petrol increase, diesel will have special tax that probably be the price of petrol now.ð·

If gahmen implement special tax on diesel, then all the business will kpkb and increase price or close down..
  • Praise 1

So now you have switched from the Picasso to the FXT?

Actually the C4 has a nice rounded shape, and the front looks similar to the back.. 

After all you Bro advise me against it.... I look to Jap brand lor... [:p] ..... ya among those I compare, GP is the most nice looking. [gorgeous]

No lar, if I decide to go Forester, likely will get the Non XT.... maybe I will regret, but financially wise, the non XT fit my budget better, with spares to do some "upgrading" [laugh] ....

↡ Advertisement